Dilemma...what gun? Vector vs evo vs TM recoil?

Cleaners inc
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
On 24/07/2018 at 06:14, tasum said:

Just a newb view, but I have seen some vids on the vector where the mag release button can be inadvertently operated when gripping the front of the rifle. Not that I'm in the market for one, but it's something to check depending on your grip style.

From a victim's point of view I can attest to the accuracy of the evo. Seems to have heat seeking bbs and with a torch they seem very capable 😮

Again, just from lurking on here, don't a lot of users disable the recoil system on their rifles? This might be a consideration if you're paying for a feature you won't use. Although I understand that TM don't make any bad gear ☺️

Let us know what you decide and how you feel after you've played with them all. I'd be interested to know how your evo works at longer outdoor ranges. Does it have the range of the longer crb style m4 variants? I was initially put off the evo as it didn't seem to be easily upgraded with external bits, but having seen them up close, they have rails top and bottom, so can probably accommodate all the usual add-ons. What's your setup like?

Yes, this is a known issue. As a shooter of both real and airsoft vectors (I think im @rocketdogbert's protege at this point, but with the capability of making things go bang...) I personally have enough awareness to avoid doing this, but my mate dropped the mag probably 3 times when I took him to the range. I actually did the AFG mod, which takes away that issue if you do it correct.

8 hours ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

Yes, this is a known issue. As a shooter of both real and airsoft vectors (I think im @rocketdogbert's protege at this point, but with the capability of making things go bang...) I personally have enough awareness to avoid doing this, but my mate dropped the mag probably 3 times when I took him to the range. I actually did the AFG mod, which takes away that issue if you do it correct.

What's the AFG mod? I do like the look of these aegs and this issue put me off. I'd be interested in the mod. Thanks in advance. Amazing what you learn on here!! :)

• Supporters
5 hours ago, tasum said:

What's the AFG mod? I do like the look of these aegs and this issue put me off. I'd be interested in the mod. Thanks in advance. Amazing what you learn on here!! :)

You basically cut the rear off a Magpul AFG2 so it fits a vector. I found it eliminates the mag drop issue, while giving a happy medium between people who like the vertical grip of the lower and the horizontal grip of the upper. Plus, it makes the reloading process so smooth. 

https://m.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.301443226589881.68435.157275704339968&type=1

• 3 months later...

Archived