Dilemma...what gun? Vector vs evo vs TM recoil?

Cleaners inc
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys, after some advice and opinions on what route to take.

Im after a second gun, as a spare for if my current gun ever stops working while at a game. It won’t strictly be a spare as I’d pribably chop and change between each gun.

i play CQB sites, ucap bunker/greenops, southcoast cqb, Reading mall ect...all cqb but plenty of areas for long distance shooting. Mix of full auto and semi play.

currently gun is a Asg scorpion evo which currently is one of best guns I’ve ever used.

im looking to add a second gun that’s good at range (using .25s normally), accurate, reliable and “above the rest” in terms out of box performance, ideally I don’t want to be instantly needing to upgrade.

3 options I’ve been considering and why:

Scorpion evo BET - currently at £300 on sale, I have the magazines from my other evo so overall will be a cheap purchase without the need to purchase extras. Good warrenty and spares. I’ve found my current evo brilliant so have no doubts this would be the same, would Just be a little different to use at sites such as greenops due to size. Downside is it’ll basically be exactly same as I’ve already got? Possible evotek upgrade after the year warrenty though.

kriss krytac vector - currently can get this at £360 using some discount codes, would need to purchase magazines seperate. From reviews looks to be a brilliant gun, is different out on the field compared to most and they always seem to get good attention. Have heard few stories of them breaking very quickly though. 

TM Recoil 416 - few hundred £££ above previous options and still weighing up if this is really worth that extra cost? I’d need to add in magazines as well. People claim these are the go to guns? Benefits is obviously the recoil system and TM quality. Downsides are common and expensive

what do people think?

• Supporters

First point mate the 416 you say downside expensive (yes have to agree) but you most definitely get what you pay for with a TM recoil (hence I now have 6 !) But your other point common ?

Genuinely WTF ! 😳 you’ve said your primary is an Evo !  The next evo model there going to release should be called the clitoris , literally every c**t has one ! 🤦‍♂️

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

6 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

First point mate the 416 you say downside expensive (yes have to agree) but you most definitely get what you pay for with a TM recoil (hence I now have 6 !) But your other point common ?

Genuinely WTF ! 😳 you’ve said your primary is an Evo !  The next evo model there going to release should be called the clitoris , literally every c**t has one ! 🤦‍♂️

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Was more the m4 style platform that I meant Was common 

and is the performance difference really worth that few hundred extra, like are they really that above the rest?

• Supporters

Me personally ? I’m convinced yes they are mate , the range and accuracy can’t be touched , you’ll hear loads of players spouting off there low FPS (416 is around the 300 mark) so ? FPS has rock all to do with either point , it’s all about your hop and TM’s are the best out of the box hands down .

yes once your happy with your knowledge of all things Airsoft you may wish to start ‘tweeking’ It , different hop rubber , different bucking , etc but out of the box I’m convinced (as are a hell of a lot of other players) you won’t get better bud . 👍

Just a newb view, but I have seen some vids on the vector where the mag release button can be inadvertently operated when gripping the front of the rifle. Not that I'm in the market for one, but it's something to check depending on your grip style.

From a victim's point of view I can attest to the accuracy of the evo. Seems to have heat seeking bbs and with a torch they seem very capable 😮

Again, just from lurking on here, don't a lot of users disable the recoil system on their rifles? This might be a consideration if you're paying for a feature you won't use. Although I understand that TM don't make any bad gear ☺️

Let us know what you decide and how you feel after you've played with them all. I'd be interested to know how your evo works at longer outdoor ranges. Does it have the range of the longer crb style m4 variants? I was initially put off the evo as it didn't seem to be easily upgraded with external bits, but having seen them up close, they have rails top and bottom, so can probably accommodate all the usual add-ons. What's your setup like?

• Supporters

The TM will perform as well or better than the rest but you get the recoil and bolt lock, it's up to you to decide if it's worth it or not. FPS will be 290ish so you can leave as is or upgrade from there. Personally I'd leave it untill something goes, it's all down to what you value feature-length in a gun Vs the exterior design of others- purely personal preference

2 hours ago, tasum said:

Again, just from lurking on here, don't a lot of users disable the recoil system on their rifles? This might be a consideration if you're paying for a feature you won't use. Although I understand that TM don't make any bad gear 

Very few (if any) disable the recoil on TMs, it defeats the point of getting one, it's more common on regular EBB guns but even then I wouldn't say it was a regular occurrence as such, most people aren't tech savvy enough to want to/know how so leave stuff as is 

• Supporters

Consider how many of the chosen guns filter through on to the s/h sales, vectors I've seen a shitload (in gbb format), evo's quite a few as well, tm recoils, rare as rocking horse shit, an indicator that people buy 'em & keep 'em........if only tm would start to make vectors & evo's, now that would be a dilemma.

On a personal note, most reliable brand I've owned in 18yrs 'softing is tm, so its what i'd go with (& leave it stock internally ffs) 😁

1 hour ago, Cleaners inc said:

i play CQB sites, ucap bunker/greenops, southcoast cqb, Reading mall ect...all cqb but plenty of areas for long distance shooting. Mix of full auto and semi play.

1 hour ago, Cleaners inc said:

im looking to add a second gun that’s good at range (using .25s normally), accurate, reliable and “above the rest” in terms out of box performance, ideally I don’t want to be instantly needing to upgrade.

Not one in considering in your original chosen 3 but you may want to consider the Real Sword type 97 or type 97b. They both have extremely good range out of the box no really need to do any tech work at all they are a very solid platform out of the box and they are a bullpup so cqb and outdoor range, it good in both roles and it takes stanag style magazines.

5 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

My name is Rocketdogbert, and I am a Vector addict. A  gbb KWA Vector addict.

That is all

Ends up more expensive then a Tm recoil tho for a KWA, and how would a gbb one fair for reliability on a weekly use basis 

22 minutes ago, Cleaners inc said:

Ends up more expensive then a Tm recoil tho for a KWA, and how would a gbb one fair for reliability on a weekly use basis 

Price, pah. But if you aren’t prepared to put the time to look after a gbb, go for the TM

1 minute ago, rocketdogbert said:

Price, pah. But if you aren’t prepared to put the time to look after a gbb, go for the TM

Id always put time in, it’s more the fact of zero gbb experience.

woulsnt recommend the aeg vector version then?

3 minutes ago, Cleaners inc said:

Id always put time in, it’s more the fact of zero gbb experience.

woulsnt recommend the aeg vector version then?

There is nothing wrong with the AEG, but it’s not a gbb. What do you want the gun for? If you want funky looks, go for the Krytac, if you want to spend, buy the TM.

2 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

There is nothing wrong with the AEG, but it’s not a gbb. What do you want the gun for? If you want funky looks, go for the Krytac, if you want to spend, buy the TM.

Not that caught up on apparenace, looking for a gun to use rather then show of, so performance is key. 

2 minutes ago, Cleaners inc said:

Not that caught up on apparenace, looking for a gun to use rather then show of, so performance is key. 

Then TM it is, no question

• Head Moderator

@Cleaners inc I would recommend the TM 416D (black not the horrid tan one). 

I bought mine from the Combat South shop in Portsmouth, they mainly sell TM and ICS guns.  Give them a call and see what stock they have.

20 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

@Cleaners inc I would recommend the TM 416D (tan not the horrid black one). 

I bought mine from the Combat South shop in Portsmouth, they mainly sell TM and ICS guns.  Give them a call and see what stock they have.

Fixed it for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Ended up with the Tm 416c

got a fair deal second hand

seems to chrono a little low tho? 250-270fps .20g (this was a quick check, shall get proper readings in few days)

shall use it this weekend and let you know how it compares to the scorpion I’m used to

11 minutes ago, Cleaners inc said:

Ended up with the Tm 416c

got a fair deal second hand

seems to chrono a little low tho? 250-270fps .20g (this was a quick check, shall get proper readings in few days)

shall use it this weekend and let you know how it compares to the scorpion I’m used to

Yeah, but did you get the tan or the black one 😁

Archived