Outdoor vs Indoor site's - What makes or breaks a site

Tempo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Decent Chrono process and actual spot checks, fed up with 'Joule creep' bollox.

Hygenic and spatious safezone eating area

A range of game modes and time frames and CLEAR rules that are actually enforced by marshals, again fed up with empty threats.

A small person in every game mode that follows me saying pew pew everytime i shoot*

Theres 100's more some of which are specfic to the area, good overview so far on this thread. Will add that any one saying 'Whhhhhhhats up guys' should be banned from the site...permanantly.

*personal preferance

The real question are airsofters actually will to pay for this stuff? Airsoft ain't that profitable. Most sites are marshaled by volunteers and because crippling business rates and planning permission are restrict to 28 game days. If people were willing to pay £50/70 in green fee some one could afford to run an amazing site. 

3 hours ago, Duff said:

For outdoor and woodland owner needs to keep up with the undergrowth. Sure let some areas go wild but controlled. Decent buildings that are safe interesting to play around.

For indoors the best example I can think of is the Mall. They change it up by closing and opening doors to change the choke points. You can always find a long way around. Varied games are essential for indoor.

Fair players is the most important otherwise it's a shit show.

is airsoft really not that profitable? What if a site was running an on-site shop as well? Not just a consumable shop, a full blown airsoft shop with guns, optics, clothing ect.

i always thought airsoft sites must be doing alright!

Nope if you think about it most places charge up to £30.00 green fees if you get 100 players assuming twenty five rentals (additional £20.00 per player) regularly and have two game days a month that's £86400 a year gross turn over. You'll get more with money with BBs and food but not much. There is sod all profit in piro ( I know personally) this sound like a lot of money but then take rent, insurance, gear replacement, cost of props, build materials. Maybe paying marshals an owner is not looking at a hugh take home. That's if numbers are that good and constantly. 

• Supporters

Players and marshalling are the most important by far.

Sites needs to be kept well and maintained to a decent level by the owners and not allow the site to be over-filled

Players need to play fair and follow rules and objectives 

The rest will sort itself out.

16 hours ago, Sniper780 said:

the indoor site I play at is based in an old mill so certain point such entrances to floors have only one way in so all the opposing teams gun are all pointed in one direction so they just light up any poor sod who tries to go through resulting in the game basically grinding to a standstill, resulting temper flaring and people cheating just to get the game to progress.   

This!

happens often at few sites i play at 

• Supporters
17 hours ago, Tempo said:

What makes or break's [sic] an Outdoor site?

Structures and well defined objective areas.  If you're going to have a "church", put something on it that clearly marks it as such.

Time playing versus time hiking.

Solid ground versus Dagobah swamp.

17 hours ago, Tempo said:

What makes or Break [sic] an Indoor site? 

Sweeping up the BBs.  We had a marshal take a tumble on them a couple of weeks back, hurt his leg and lose his eye protection.

Multiple routes around choke points.  I will step out and get rinsed while hoping for a 50:50, but I'd prefer not to have to if there's a smarter option.

Archived