Star Wars Airsoft(?)

Henners
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Just out of interest, are there any regular or occasional Star Wars or Sci Fi themed games / big games in the UK and / or America?

Asking on behalf of some nerdy friends, and my nerdy self.

Cheers!

Henry

Yes there is, think there is a FB page for it 

3 hours ago, Henners said:

Hi all,

Just out of interest, are there any regular or occasional Star Wars or Sci Fi themed games / big games in the UK and / or America?

Asking on behalf of some nerdy friends, and my nerdy self.

Cheers!

Henry

Do what I did 10 years ago - after a few years of attending big games I got cocky and thought that I could do that, until a site manager said yes and gave us control of his site for a February Sunday.

According to feedback we put on a great game, we badgered people for real constructive feedback to allow us to put things right where they needed improving and also kept changing things to put on the games we wanted to play, stole the best ideas from the games we had played and tried out new ideas of our own

That first game turned into a trilogy of five parts on the core theme, we’ve run over 20 events large and small, and I’m currently stressing over something for our mini game at this weekends paintfest/airfest 

(I’ve been let down majorly by a new supplier and have a friend beavering away making items - the new suppliers product was to save her a lot of time and work, but the let down has resulted in her doing far much more work in less time)

I digress 

If there’s something you want to play but no-ones putting it on then unlike us start small and build it up. Have a chat with your local site and write a game script, run it with the regulars and then see if the site will let you run a bigger game 

• Supporters

I'm moderately minded to try a WH40K Imperial Guard loadout costume at some point.  But no, I don't know of any organised space wizardry in the UK.

I can't remember the name but there is a chap who makes star wars airsoft armour that is movie grade and they do star wars days. They are re-enactors to the higest degree. If I see him again I will get info.

I've seen stormtrooper and mandalorian armour in vids on youtube, there are various websites that make them

34 minutes ago, cropzy said:

I can't remember the name but there is a chap who makes star wars airsoft armour that is movie grade and they do star wars days. They are re-enactors to the higest degree. If I see him again I will get info.

Probably these guys

http://www.ukgarrison.co.uk/

They are approved by LucasArts, and they also protect their intellectual property

This means that groups can attend events, parties etc but must do so officially and take into account reputation and any licence fees due.  

If you make friends and it’s not too publicised you can get them to unofficially arrive ‘debadged’ 

Camp Nomad had a stargate vs star trek day once.

Wasn't there but the first time I went to the site I saw a massive f**k off circular structure which is apparently "the stargate"  - meant nothing to me but it was impressive :P 

Archived