Recommend a budget torch for a wild hog

tasum
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Fancy a torch and wondered what everyone is using. I've no foregrip yet, but may go for a maglul type so could use that for the switch. 

I'd be grateful for any advice.

You can get a decent cree torch for about 7/8 quid just need a rail mount which can be had for a few quid or just use electrical tape. I wouldn't bother with pressure switches every one I have had has failed. 

• Mostly Retired Moderators
2 hours ago, BigStew said:

just need a rail mount which can be had for a few quid or just use electrical tape.

Rubber amalgamation tape rules supreme here.

Pulls tight as a drum, no adhesive sticky residue and doesn't detract from the look of your shooter too much either.

@tasum - you don't need to spend a fortune, I literally have this torch:

https://tinyurl.com/yd3beueu

51ZilkGieML._AC_SY400_.jpg

£12.99 and comes with pressure switch.

Then just any torch mount, usually about £7-8

https://tinyurl.com/y8mn4xo2

41UJ+hAhykL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Job done. Super bright led torch, with pressure pad for £20 or so.

Thank you both BigStew, Duff and L3wisD

Will check out the links. Good call on the tape, thank you :)

On 23/07/2018 at 20:07, tasum said:

Fancy a torch and wondered what everyone is using. I've no foregrip yet, but may go for a maglul type so could use that for the switch. 

I'd be grateful for any advice.

Synderay G02 on Amazon.

best £20 you’ll ever spend. Used the strobe feature at Coms Site a few times to blind other team as they enter the buildings. Pissed them off big time. Hilarious. 

On 31/07/2018 at 01:00, AshOnSnow said:

Synderay G02 on Amazon.

best £20 you’ll ever spend. Used the strobe feature at Coms Site a few times to blind other team as they enter the buildings. Pissed them off big time. Hilarious. 

Thank you AshOnSnow, had a look, but out of stock on amazon. Trawled around and was tempted by a cheapy from geek. I've popped my nightcore on now I have a mount. It will be ok for now, but I'll need to sort the clicky out properly.

Thanks all for the advice. I'll update if the geek torch is any good. :) The clone T1 that arrived yesterday seems good for the money. We'll see how it fairs this eve.

Archived