= Equal Airsoft

Whompa73
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Really...why do we have this in every walk of life,we don't not care about colour,creed,gender,etc...

Wow your gay..let me tell you this WE accept you,bullying is not yours or anybody elses to claim to be a sole victim of,it can happen in all walks of life,work,private and recreational.It cares not about you it cares about the abilty to demoralise it's victim,it can manifest phsyical or mental.

I'm happy playing airsoft and hope the people I play with are happy too,sorry but it looks like a money making umberella using pc to promote it...

Fair enough if you are genuinely going to be a place for people to seek advice or whatever on making the sport even more accepting. 

However I simply liken this to a current.... scheme (for want of a better word) going on at my work. 

In an effort to make LGBT+ employees feel more comfortable at work, they are now handing out rainbow lanyards for people who identify as " LGBT+ allies". This is despite the fact that every LGBT+ person I have spoken to at work doesn't see an issue at all. My work is very accepting. 

First off, I have no problem with what reproductive organs some has, what ones they wish they had, what they had previously or what they like to fondle (or not). Anyone who knows me knows I have no issues with people unless they give me a reason to dislike them. 

I do however have a problem with people being pideon holed into categories, in a bottled up and labeled kinda way. And this visual branding of people is where I have most of the issue. 

Someone feels there is a need to be branding people as a friend to others... 

Branding people. 

Why?! 

Branding people is wrong, there have been countless lessons in history as to why it is wrong. Yet we still do it. 

Edit: I am all for equality in life. But you will never see me being branded to promote it. Equality should be common sense. It is a learned behaviour (both ways) 

Appart from a patch and a soon to be hoodie (mainly for friends)sold pretty much at cost anc made in small batch production. There is no money involved at all

8 minutes ago, Arwen said:

Fair enough if you are genuinely going to be a place for people to seek advice or whatever on making the sport even more accepting. 

However I simply liken this to a current.... scheme (for want of a better word) going on at my work. 

In an effort to make LGBT+ employees feel more comfortable at work, they are now handing out rainbow lanyards for people who identify as " LGBT+ allies". This is despite the fact that every LGBT+ person I have spoken to at work doesn't see an issue at all. My work is very accepting. 

First off, I have no problem with what reproductive organs some has, what ones they wish they had, what they had previously or what they like to fondle (or not). Anyone who knows me knows I have no issues with people unless they give me a reason to dislike them. 

I do however have a problem with people being pideon holed into categories, in a bottled up and labeled kinda way. And this visual branding of people is where I have most of the issue. 

Someone feels there is a need to be branding people as a friend to others... 

Branding people. 

Why?! 

Branding people is wrong, there have been countless lessons in history as to why it is wrong. Yet we still do it. 

Edit: I am all for equality in life. But you will never see me being branded to promote it. Equality should be common sense. It is a learned behaviour (both ways) 

I honestly cant realy find fault with what you are saying. It is about airsoft and trying to promote the sport. And as iv said iv had no problems myself the people have been brilliant and made some fantastic friends. Hopefully it will help encourage more people into airsofting. 

• Supporters

It stands for Social Justice Warrior , there the kind of people who take on the cause of ‘the victims of social injustice’ wether they need it or not or even if there’s actually a problem or not , and yes they are predominantly middle class ‘do gooders’ !  

As I said I do not agree in any way shape or form with intolerance or violence to others wether due to there sexual orientation , race or there physical condition . BUT I do vehemently object to people trying to regulate or control someone’s right to be an arsehole .

I’m 51 and I’ve lived life , I’ve some real life long friends who are gay and a few disabled and believe me over the yrs they’ve had to deal with REAL abuse not just ‘nasty words’ but physical violence and threats and believe me they can give as good if not better than the antagonist ! They didn’t rely on society legislating the problem away , no they relied on them selves and there friends and we faced it head on together . 

The frase snowflakes is bandied about all the time but there are a few occasions where it’s actually an appropriate analogy to many campaigners and campaigns running today . What is a snowflake ? It’s a delicate thing that just falls apart and dissolves at the slightest touch ? Sorry but there is a lot of this in society people are just getting so delicate that the slightest perceived wrong sends them in to a spiraling outburst of howling and whaling and “oh poor me ! Where’s my safe space !” 

As I said in my previous post through my job I’ve seen and tried to help the victims of this kind of violence , so yes I have seen the evil man can do to each other ‘in the flesh’ but I’m most definitely of the opinion it’s NOT present in the Airsoft (not the circles I move in any way and that covers well over a third of the country) as lordable as your intentions are I truly believe you campaigning to stamp out a problem that simply doesn’t exist in Airsoft , yes there are snide remarks or sarcastic comments and the like but there words nothing more , words only hurt if you let them .

Someone calls you a fagot ? Simple turn around and say “don’t worry with your face your perfectly safe sweet cheeks !”

They call you a cripple ? Then you simply reply “very true but one day they’ll cure it , but you ? You’ll still be a thick twat !” Both these retorts were ones I witnessed my friends using and both occasions the antagonists slinked off red faced and embarrassed at the laughter from everyone present .

if you really do feel you must try and help stamp out this problem then I do think you need to look elsewhere as it’s not here , or playing devils advocate is that the reason you are trying to start a campaign in a community where it’s not needed so no resistance to it ?

Who know but your self in the end .

and I’ll leave the last word to the god that is Steven Fry .

D5957787-C006-44AA-A5B6-F47F3679157D.jpeg

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

It stands for Social Justice Warrior , there the kind of people who take on the cause of ‘the victims of social injustice’ wether they need it or not or even if there’s actually a problem or not , and yes they are predominantly middle class ‘do gooders’ !  

As I said I do not agree in any way shape or form with intolerance or violence to others wether due to there sexual orientation , race or there physical condition . BUT I do vehemently object to people trying to regulate or control someone’s right to be an arsehole .

I’m 51 and I’ve lived life , I’ve some real life long friends who are gay and a few disabled and believe me over the yrs they’ve had to deal with REAL abuse not just ‘nasty words’ but physical violence and threats and believe me they can give as good if not better than the antagonist ! They didn’t rely on society legislating the problem away , no they relied on them selves and there friends and we faced it head on together . 

The frase snowflakes is bandied about all the time but there are a few occasions where it’s actually an appropriate analogy to many campaigners and campaigns running today . What is a snowflake ? It’s a delicate thing that just falls apart and dissolves at the slightest touch ? Sorry but there is a lot of this in society people are just getting so delicate that the slightest perceived wrong sends them in to a spiraling outburst of howling and whaling and “oh poor me ! Where’s my safe space !” 

As I said in my previous post through my job I’ve seen and tried to help the victims of this kind of violence , so yes I have seen the evil man can do to each other ‘in the flesh’ but I’m most definitely of the opinion it’s NOT present in the Airsoft (not the circles I move in any way and that covers well over a third of the country) as lordable as your intentions are I truly believe you campaigning to stamp out a problem that simply doesn’t exist in Airsoft , yes there are snide remarks or sarcastic comments and the like but there words nothing more , words only hurt if you let them .

Someone calls you a fagot ? Simple turn around and say “don’t worry with your face your perfectly safe sweet cheeks !”

They call you a cripple ? Then you simply reply “very true but one day they’ll cure it , but you ? You’ll still be a thick twat !” Both these retorts were ones I witnessed my friends using and both occasions the antagonists slinked off red faced and embarrassed at the laughter from everyone present .

if you really do feel you must try and help stamp out this problem then I do think you need to look elsewhere as it’s not here , or playing devils advocate is that the reason you are trying to start a campaign in a community where it’s not needed no resistance to it ?

Who know but your self in the end .

Bravo.......

• Head Moderator

May not be appropriate but has a level of truth

SJW paint.jpg

On 26/07/2018 at 16:21, L3wisD said:

@MrGlitter69 - I've edited the offensive wording out of your post as you have chosen not to do so.

As per our conversation, please be more mindful about what you're posting before you submit each post.

Thank you.

Apologies, never got around to doing so.

Thank you.

Archived