Advice Specna Arms

MrGlitter69
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey you bunch of degenerates, i finally received my UKARA license today (just fishing) and i am looking at purchasing my first RIF!! Whoop fuckity Whoop. It looks like im going to start with a Specna Arms V08

One thing im hugly unsure about is the batteries that will work best. In my head i was going to purchase a 7.4 lipo 1000MAH buuuuuut Gunfire are recomending a 11.1V 1200MAH Lipo....would this be too much for a stock gun with no real upgraded parts or is it a rifle designed to take this more powerful battery?

Admin - If this is in the wrong place then dammit move it, im a retard for guessing what goes where.

Any other advice for what ever reason is appriciated.

Love you guys x

Yeh 7.4 will be fine and make your gun last longer - may want to get something that is a bit bigger than 1000Mah though - if it will fit in your battery space.

At 7.4v you should be able to get one of the 2000mAh nunchucks to fit. It'll be tight, but it should fit. If in doubt component shop have the dimensions listed. Make a cardboard blank at those dimensions and see if it will fit without interference before you buy.

108 x 16.4 x 12.1 mm each section (2 sections)

https://www.componentshop.co.uk/7-4v-2000mah-20c-continuous-discharge-airsoft-lipo-split-pack.html

4 minutes ago, Iceni said:

At 7.4v you should be able to get one of the 2000mAh nunchucks to fit. It'll be tight, but it should fit. If in doubt component shop have the dimensions listed. Make a cardboard blank at those dimensions and see if it will fit without interference before you buy.

108 x 16.4 x 12.1 mm each section (2 sections)

https://www.componentshop.co.uk/7-4v-2000mah-20c-continuous-discharge-airsoft-lipo-split-pack.html

Beautiful thank you, would anyone recommend updating to deans connectors or will i be ok just being lazy and leaving it as mini-Tamiya style?

Again appriciate your help as always x

• Supporters
57 minutes ago, MrGlitter69 said:

Beautiful thank you, would anyone recommend updating to deans connectors or will i be ok just being lazy and leaving it as mini-Tamiya style?

It'll be fine with the Tamiya connector but the Deans will improve current flow and thereby the trigger response. It's a small, easy upgrade that's worth doing if you can solder properly but probably best left alone if your solder joints look like moon rocks.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, MrGlitter69 said:

deans, always deans.

i don't get why airsoft sticks to mini tamiya, this isn't 1980 we have better options now.....

My Specna Arms 416c is very fussy with battery fit, I run 7.4v nunchuck lipos and anything thicker than 1200mAh wont fit in the stock battery compartment.   A quick google shows the V08 to have a similar style stock to mine so thats worth bearing in mind before rushing out and buying a hugenormous battery. 

16 hours ago, Tiercel said:

My Specna Arms 416c is very fussy with battery fit, I run 7.4v nunchuck lipos and anything thicker than 1200mAh wont fit in the stock battery compartment.   A quick google shows the V08 to have a similar style stock to mine so thats worth bearing in mind before rushing out and buying a hugenormous battery. 

Appriciate this, was aiming for 1200/1400mAh at first just to be safe for this reason, would like a large capacity but again the size of the compartment may not take it.

Not used to stuffing thick things in tight gaps, more of a 'barely' touch the sides guy myself :(

On 24/07/2018 at 10:45, L3wisD said:

You could change the stock to a PTS EPS - You could probably fit a car battery in one of those!

Got one on my ERG,  surprisingly they arent that spacious due to the way that the butt plate attaches to the stock via the two side tabs.  Best option with it is a thick 1400mah lipo down the channels either side of the buffer tube.  My AK stick type doesnt fit for instance.

Archived