High Flow Valves.

DarkAssassin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Evening everybody, fitted a high flow valve to my TM desert E the reason I even thought about doing it was I have upgraded to a Robin Hood aliuminum slide and frame and thought it could help the cycling.

When I fitted the valve though the gas just passes straight out the top of the mag? Can't think what I have done wrong?

6RWAWYXh.thumb.jpg.2d56d4244b432a9649e631ed681f2b4d.jpg

So the valve isn’t staying open. Does it allow you to fill the mag properly? Is it jamming open immediately, or when you try and fire?

Have you upgraded the hammer and recoil springs?

I have upgraded both of them yeah, which is why I wanted to upgrade the valve to. And as the slide is no longer plastic I thought it would be quite important to do all of those things.

There is no point in trying to fire it because the gas has left the mag (out the mag rubber) while I am filling it.

So has the new valve ever worked?

Try simple elimination, put the old valve back in, does it work? If not, probably some kind of mag issue, it it does work, then it’s either the new valve, or how you fitted the new valve

Yeah it never worked I am going to put the old one back in and see how it works.

Just thought I'd ask to see if anyone had any similar issues.

Thanks will update the thread when I have done it.

• 2 weeks later...

@rocketdogbert

Not the best video but now the high flow valve is working however the slide isn't coming back far enough to lock and it's venting out the top of the slide as it fires and then vents the whole mag?? Very confused.

Did you put the original valve back and test it?

It looks like there isn’t enough gas pressure to close the valve, which is why it’s venting out completely.

It appears that there isnt enough gas or gas pressure to push the slide back and re-cock the gun, but enough to leave the valve open.

Go back to elimination, put the original valve back in, see what happens.

What gas are you using?

I have tried both valves today.  The one in the video was the high flow, both acted the same.

I am using Gaurder Power up gas.

It's as if the recoil springs are too stiff.

Did you say you’d changed the recoil spring? 

It’s possible the wrong strength spring is in there, but honestly the best way to find out is return the gun & mag to standard, does it shoot fine?

If it doesn’t, something is broken or leaking.

If it does, replace ONE thing at a time until the fault repeats itself, then the part you have added is the problem.

It does seem like there isn’t enough gas pressure to rack the slide and close the mag valve

Yeah I put a 150% recoil spring in as it felt a little slack at first. Hmm I have searched my piles of parts and cannot find my original springs I am going to have to buy a new set! I will try that with one of my other mags with a standard valve and see how it gets on.

Thanks for the help dude.

Archived