Definition of New in Items for Sale

MisterG
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi

Can we have an official forum definition of what New means in the For Sale Section?.

To me something sold as new means Brand New in Box, never used, and ususally not even opened.  Maybe that gets stretched in arisoft as a tested gun would be preferable to Brand New unopened DoA gun and even retailers must do a bit of testing when doing free spring changes etc.

We've had anything from used it a couple times, put in a cupboard for a couple years, only fired a couple hundred BBs to test it described, etc  as new.

Cheers

G

New is new, simple, never used.

Any perfect but not new is “as new” or “collectors condition” or something similar. Just be wary when buying as far as I’m concerned

rdb

• Head Moderator
1 hour ago, MisterG said:

sold as new means Brand New in Box, never used, and ususally not even opened.

44 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Any perfect but not new is “as new” or “collectors condition” or something similar.

As above.  New is brand new and unused.  In its box/packaging or with labels still attached is good to have. However, for adverts the forum does not allow just a picture of a box so it must be opened to show the actual content for sale.  

As with any sale "caveat emptor", the buyer should be careful and ask the seller questions. 

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

Any perfect but not new is “as new” or “collectors condition” or something similar. Just be wary when buying as far as I’m concerned

rdb

That's what I thought.

Cheers

G

6 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

As above.  New is brand new and unused.  In its box/packaging or with labels still attached is good to have. However, for adverts the forum does not allow just a picture of a box so it must be opened to show the actual content for sale.  

As with any sale "caveat emptor", the buyer should be careful and ask the seller questions. 

Consider me caveated 😉

Though was more of a theoretical question, as I would not have bought any of the items described as New when I thought they were't, though it did annoy me a bit.

Used to happen a lot on eBay.

Cheers

G

• Supporters

Good topic, was thinking something similar a few days ago, saw a rif thread where it appeared the seller was trying to imply condition was favourable as "its only 3 months old !", & I'm thinking, yep & maybe you put 5000 bb's through it every weekend ffs, oh yeah & it had been "custom" painted.

Caveat emptor indeed 😉

Archived