VFC Avalon for CQB?

PaulSchoon
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

there is really no difference between the cqb and rifle length, except the length. You will likely have to downgrade the spring for cqb play though.

• Mostly Retired Moderators
3 hours ago, PaulSchoon said:

they come pre upgraded out of the box 

See.. this one grates on me.

To upgrade means to improve on the standard version.

The gun out the box isn't pre-upgraded it's just how it is as standard.

This isn't a dig at you, by the way, but more the manufacturers and distributors using spiel like that.

Saying it's "pre-upgraded" and saying it comes with "tightbore barrel as standard" is meaningless.

I could make a tightbore barrel out of tinfoil, doesn't mean it's going to be any good.

I wouldn't recommend replacing anything, the avalon has a one year warranty on it and if you replace anything the warranty will be voided. The cqb length is short enough for cqb, and I'd recommend it for anything actually. In airsoft the barrel length has almost no effect on range or accuracy, so you could use this gun outdoors as well.

On 22/07/2018 at 15:18, L3wisD said:

This isn't a dig at you, by the way, but more the manufacturers and distributors using spiel like that.

Saying it's "pre-upgraded" and saying it comes with "tightbore barrel as standard" is meaningless.

I could make a tightbore barrel out of tinfoil, doesn't mean it's going to be any good.

Yeah I never count anything as "Pre-Upgraded" Because an upgrade is only what you do to it.

Get the Carbine one. Best of both worlds 

35 minutes ago, AlecBeach said:

Yeah I never count anything as "Pre-Upgraded" Because an upgrade is only what you do to it.

Get the Carbine one. Best of both worlds 

Yeah, preupgraded doesn't mean anything. I'd recommend against the carbine however, it's going to be too long to use in a cqb field. The cqb length won't have any sacrifices in accuracy and range though, so I'd say that one is the best of both worlds. 

• Supporters
On 22/07/2018 at 23:18, L3wisD said:

“This particular model comes pre-upgraded !” Ok so that means your ‘normal’ guns are a bit shit then  ? 😳

About the only guns I’d say yes this possibly could apply to are the retailer own spec guns that Taiwan Gun sell , I bought a Cyma Zukhov AK from them and the internals had had a very substantial rebuild buy Cyma to TG’s own specs , a mate bought an A&K M60 mk43 and again its internals we’re substantially changed to TG’s own spec . So I suppose you could say yes they are pre-upgraded as there not a ‘special’ from a manufacturer that anyone can get wholesale but are a special order for a single retailer ? 

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

“This particular model comes pre-upgraded !” Ok so that means your ‘normal’ guns are a bit shit then  ? 😳

About the only guns I’d say yes this possibly could apply to are the retailer own spec guns that Taiwan Gun sell , I bought a Cyma Zukhov AK from them and the internals had had a very substantial rebuild buy Cyma to TG’s own specs , a mate bought an A&K M60 mk43 and again its internals we’re substantially changed to TG’s own spec . So I suppose you could say yes they are pre-upgraded as there not a ‘special’ from a manufacturer that anyone can get wholesale but are a special order for a single retailer ? 

Grey area but kind of agree that if done to a sellers specs not manufacturer standard it could class....... kind of ish.

• Supporters
10 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Grey area but kind of agree that if done to a sellers specs not manufacturer standard it could class....... kind of ish.

What I was thinking , its a ‘sort off’ ‘kinda’ situation ? 

On 04/08/2018 at 12:16, derekhann said:

i just got into airsoft and was wondering if i should get this one?

Yes, it's a great choice, if you can afford it. It's not perfect, as nothing is, but for the price it's the best gun on the market.

https://modernairsoft.com/collections/vfc-avalon-vr16

On 04/08/2018 at 16:05, Druid799 said:

Really the only gun I'd say you can say that about is something that WAS a gun, and then the seller put better parts in. Something like the Umbrella Armories Krytac LVOA. That is pre-upgraded!

23 hours ago, AlecBeach said:

The avalon is honestly just a well rounded gun. VFC did an amazing job.

Yeah, it's an amazing gun, and with that 12 month warranty on it it's all the better!

Archived