new handgun

APOModern
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My buddy has an elite force glock 17 that shoots to 100 feet really accurately. But really any handgun should do.

• 2 weeks later...

idk for sure, it's just made really well. To actually get the Glock liscense from glock ef had to prove that they were amazing guns like the real guns. Glock made EF destroy millions of dollars of prototypes before they officially gave the go ahead. They are crisp and smooth, and shoot really accurately. 

Isn’t this in the electric gun Forum? You e all quoted gas pistols. Not sure you’ll get 30m from what I’ve seen of electric hand guns tbh

40 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Isn’t this in the electric gun Forum? You e all quoted gas pistols. Not sure you’ll get 30m from what I’ve seen of electric hand guns tbh

That's my bad. Yeah no aep is shooting that far stock haha

Did some more digging and wound up really liking the Glock.  Thanks for the help, just need to get some WE extended mags for it 😆

• Mostly Retired Moderators
8 hours ago, derekhann said:

try the glock 17 its a pretty good gun in my opinion

That's a very broad statement to make...

Can you be more specific please before offering advice.

Was it:

The Army G17?

The San Yan G17?

The ASG G17?

The Raven G17?

The Poseidon G17?

The KSC G17?

The KJW G17?

The KWA G17?

The WE G17?

The VFC G17?

The Marui G17?

• Head Moderator

@APOModern Moved into the Gas section. Unless you do want actually want an AEP in which case I will move the topic back to the Electric section.

• Supporters
15 hours ago, MaxtheNinja said:

o actually get the Glock liscense from glock ef had to prove that they were amazing guns like the real guns. Glock made EF destroy millions of dollars of prototypes before they officially gave the go ahead.

Verifiably, or apocryphally?

As stock, AEPs shoot about 0.37J (200fps x 0.2g).  However, Eagle6 can sort you out with stronger springs which can push them higher.  They claim up to 0.8J / 300fps although I'm sceptical about that, but 0.5J should be achievable.  And they'll shoot consistently in all weathers, semi or fully automatic, with extended mags available that can take 60 rounds or more.  Wiring in a lipo is very simple.  The stock nylon bushings on the CYMA electroguns are a weak point, but again, upgrades are available.  Given that the CYMA AEPs can be had for under £50 from the Polish retailers, you'll have plenty in your budget for adding springs, batteries and magazines versus any GBB that you'd want to own.

If you want 1:1 scale ergonomics, out of the box performance and that great tactile feel of a blowback then gas is the way to go.  If you're prepared to fettle, I wouldn't discount electric.  I'd note that Novritsch did a video on his collection of GBB glocks, but then he keeps switching back to his upgraded electro-glock for sheer practicality.

9 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Verifiably, or apocryphally?

I don't know honestly, I just know what a tech at a shop told me. They have elite force glocks, and it took forever for them to come out. When I asked why it took so long, he told me because Glock made elite force destroy prototype after prototype until they were perfect. I did end up getting one from an online retailer, and it's a freaking best! It works amazing!

https://modernairsoft.com/collections/airsoft-pistol-glock

19 hours ago, derekhann said:

try the glock 17 its a pretty good gun in my opinion

What kind? 

I've read conflicting reports about this gun.

More crticism in the US than the UK though.

General consensus is that it is a superior product.

I sometimes wonder if there are differences between guns depending on where they are sold.

Archived