Plate Carrier Alternative

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello everybody! Hope you all had a good weekend, I am currently planning a new loadout and need help with the plate carrier! After help identifying the plate carrier I need, I now need to find a cheaper alternative to the First Spear Siege-R plate carrier (Image below) If anyone knows of a cheaper alternative it would be much appreciated! Thanks guys 

Siege-R Image 1.jpg

Sicario Image 1.jpg

• Head Moderator

You do not specify any budget.  Have a look at the UK Tactical website, and the Warrior Assault Systems kit

https://www.uktactical.com/c-639-warrior-elite-ops-black-armour.aspx

Closest i think you’ll get is the 5.11 taclite plate carrier, same molle design, but no side plate pouches

comes in at £117 on uk tactical, so probs still not your idea of cheap alternative

https://www.uktactical.com/p-15970-511-taclite-plate-carrier-black.aspx

• Supporters

Pretty sure by alternative we're talking about a clone that looks pretty much exactly the same?  If looks aren't a factor... well then literally any carrier could be a vague alternative.

TMC have cloned the Strandhogg, which is the only 'cheap' copy of an FS PC I'm aware of - https://en.safarasoftair.com/tmc-strandhogg-style-plate-carrier-black

I don't think there's a copy of the Siege, though I don't keep up with the developments in that arena.  It's also pretty bonkers to spend that much on a clone that copies complex features that will only work right when built of quality materials, chances are reasonable the Tubes on the TMC copy will fail soon as look at them, from what I've seen online.  If you just take the time to look around 2nd hand sales (forums, facebook groups) you'll probably find a bomb proof carrier from Warrior that'll last 50x longer for the same money; spend maybe a couple of notes more and you can buy something new that'll be infinitely superior.

4 hours ago, Duff said:

Yeah anything by 8fields on TaiwanGun. Pick one that looks like the picture. Done.

Thank you! Much appreciated :)  

6 minutes ago, E21A said:

Christ on a bike, they know how to charge! 

Can get get something from warrior, with all the pouches you want etc for a lot less. 

Thank you very much, I will have a look! 

3 hours ago, CKinnerley said:

Pretty sure by alternative we're talking about a clone that looks pretty much exactly the same?  If looks aren't a factor... well then literally any carrier could be a vague alternative.

TMC have cloned the Strandhogg, which is the only 'cheap' copy of an FS PC I'm aware of - https://en.safarasoftair.com/tmc-strandhogg-style-plate-carrier-black

I don't think there's a copy of the Siege, though I don't keep up with the developments in that arena.  It's also pretty bonkers to spend that much on a clone that copies complex features that will only work right when built of quality materials, chances are reasonable the Tubes on the TMC copy will fail soon as look at them, from what I've seen online.  If you just take the time to look around 2nd hand sales (forums, facebook groups) you'll probably find a bomb proof carrier from Warrior that'll last 50x longer for the same money; spend maybe a couple of notes more and you can buy something new that'll be infinitely superior.

That's not a bad idea! Thanks a lot :) 

3 hours ago, Alpha.s1 said:

Closest i think you’ll get is the 5.11 taclite plate carrier, same molle design, but no side plate pouches

comes in at £117 on uk tactical, so probs still not your idea of cheap alternative

https://www.uktactical.com/p-15970-511-taclite-plate-carrier-black.aspx

Not a bad alternative for sure! Thank you very much, and definitely a more cheaper option than what I am looking for! :) 

• Supporters

There was a guy flogging the 5.11 taclites on fleabay a few mths ago from Germany for half that price , they had no labels on the carriers (apparently were Gov surplus) but did have the 5.11 product label on the packaging , team mate bought one and I’m convinced it was a pukka vest , you can’t mistake high end manufactured gear for clone gear when you have it in your hand ! 

Mite be worth a look if there still for sale ? 

9 hours ago, Mr.Stealth1998 said:

Hello everybody! Hope you all had a good weekend, I am currently planning a new loadout and need help with the plate carrier! After help identifying the plate carrier I need, I now need to find a cheaper alternative to the First Spear Siege-R plate carrier (Image below) If anyone knows of a cheaper alternative it would be much appreciated! Thanks guys 

Siege-R Image 1.jpg

Sicario Image 1.jpg

You could go for a vest like this and take some pouches off
 https://www.military1st.co.uk/fy-vt-m005-bk-flyye-force-recon-vest-with-pouch-set-ver-land-black.html

1 hour ago, Game Cam said:

Definitely a good option! Thank you

5 hours ago, Druid799 said:

There was a guy flogging the 5.11 taclites on fleabay a few mths ago from Germany for half that price , they had no labels on the carriers (apparently were Gov surplus) but did have the 5.11 product label on the packaging , team mate bought one and I’m convinced it was a pukka vest , you can’t mistake high end manufactured gear for clone gear when you have it in your hand ! 

Mite be worth a look if there still for sale ? 

Oh wow okay awesome, thank you I will take a look 

• Supporters
44 minutes ago, Mr.Stealth1998 said:

Definitely a good option! Thank you

Oh wow okay awesome, thank you I will take a look 

1st is categorically and objectively not a good option; £200+ for Flyye is insanity.  It's not a bad brand but you can get FAR higher quality gear for substantially less money i.e. Warrior.  If you really have to have the over-sized-armour look in black and you're not too skinny such that it won't fit (and you're willing to accept the rig will be impractical all the time and 100% unwearable in the summer) look at the RICAS or Raptor - https://www.uktactical.com/c-639-warrior-elite-ops-black-armour.aspx

5.11 are also mid range at best in the scheme of all gear, their prices might be high end sometimes but their design, materials and assembly are demonstrably not on par with the well known high end brands.  Their laser cut slots are also only very vaguely alike the ones FirstSpear cut, plus of course only cover the upper torso (for some inexplicable reason).

• Supporters
33 minutes ago, CKinnerley said:

5.11 are also mid range at best in the scheme of all gear, their prices might be high end sometimes but their design, materials and assembly are demonstrably not on par with the well known high end brands.  Their laser cut slots are also only very vaguely alike the ones FirstSpear cut, plus of course only cover the upper torso (for some inexplicable reason).

I do find my self agreeing with you on basically every thing you comment on , but on this occasion i do have to disagree with you mate , I freely admit to never having owned a 5.11 vest of my own (only one I’ve ever seen is said team mates one) but I’ve been using there bags and pouches for a very long time now and hand on heart there the best quality I’ve ever used and some of them I’ve abused to hell with use with no detrimental effect to them bar some scuffing of the fabric , a couple of cracked (but still working) buckles and a few stretched but still holding stitch lines . After going over his new vest with a fine tooth comb I couldn’t see any differences in quality so do find it hard to believe any of there other models are of a poorer quality ?

• Supporters

Appreciate the mature response.  But honestly I haven't got the time to write the paragraphs needed to evidence the point with regard to all the details every product line they offer (which is a shit ton, too many to do any of them really well).  I just can't constantly re-explain how I come to these conclusions about kit, it gets too much after a while, I've done it hundreds of times at this point.  If people don't wish to agree that is genuinely fine, it is their cash.

14 hours ago, Game Cam said:

http://www.shootercbgear.com/index.php?cPath=22_50

Flyye is much cheaper in asia (and shooter CB mark all packages value as 70 USD). I recently paid £22 on a $280 order (charge should have been £55). Interestingly that particular item is not a whole lot cheaper (£150), but flyye is definitely not worth that kind of money - and everything I use in airsoft is flyye (got well over $1000 of flyye stuff).

I have had multiple HK orders > $400 each from asia that had nothing to pay by slow post when I was living in London though.

• Supporters
15 hours ago, CKinnerley said:

Appreciate the mature response.  But honestly I haven't got the time to write the paragraphs needed to evidence the point with regard to all the details every product line they offer (which is a shit ton, too many to do any of them really well).  I just can't constantly re-explain how I come to these conclusions about kit, it gets too much after a while, I've done it hundreds of times at this point.  If people don't wish to agree that is genuinely fine, it is their cash.

I’ve got and used crye/Blackhawk/LBT/warrior (and the list goes on !) over the yrs not just shooting white balls but in some more strenuous activities and environments and I’ve never been let down by there kit , now obviously if I’m dropping £700+ on a Crye cage or that type of gear then yes I am going to expect ‘the best’ but sub £250 ? I’ve not see any real evidence of superiority that really I could say “oh yea that’s so much better !” ? 

Think we just need to agree to disagree ? 👍

Back OT I just found this "exclusive" video review of FirstSpear quick reaction pc.

May be of interest to OP....

• Supporters

Sure I know that guy from somewhere! :D

• Supporters

Find me any sort of coverage of the QRC literally anywhere else online and I'll will genuinely, 100% happily take the word out, I've zero interest in misrepresenting myself.  Quite the opposite.  I find when you're talking to the founders and CEOs of companies like FS and Geissele they have a lot of respect for integrity, even if you're not 'big on social media', so I definitely don't wish to compromise mine.

It's definitely a nice little rig, certainly way cheaper than the Siege-R or Strandhogg/AAC, but I still don't think it'll be much interest to most airsofters in the UK.  Even if they'll sell it to non-LE folks it's still over £150, then shipping, then VAT and handling etc.  Warrior PCs aren't as modern in design, but they're cheaper and actually longer lasting because they use slightly more old school materials and construction techniques that don't primarily focus on staying lightweight, gaining longevity at the expense of a bit more mass.

Archived