MaxtheNinja

Quality airsoft pistol

Looking for a good pistol that is under 200. Any suggestions? I like to stick with US weapons, and I want it to be pretty light.

We 226, might not have the prettiest externals but it shoots much better than it rightfully should.

Anything made by Tokyo Marui. Take your pick. If you can afford a TM (which you can, theyre all under £200) dont bother with a WE.

TM M&P9

TM Hi-Capa (gold match if you're not planning on changing externals)

So the running theme is Tokyo Marui, is there a reason they are better than the others?

9 minutes ago, MaxtheNinja said:

So the running theme is Tokyo Marui, is there a reason they are better than the others?

TM pistols just work is the main reason.

No other pistol manufacturer is as reliable and they are great in all weathers. Accuracy is generally good and parts and upgrades are easy to get.

11 minutes ago, MaxtheNinja said:

Basically they invented the gas blowback system that everyone else clones, they also come from a country that doesnt have "fuck it, close enough that'll do" in its language and if a TM gun is anything less than perfect the entire family of the factory worker who didn't check the gun fully has to commit seppuku to redeem their honour.

WE used to be hot garbage, their earlier guns such as the 1911/hicapas are terrible. However some of their latest gen stuff like their Glocks are very good. I love my WE G19, but I still wouldnt pick a WE over a TM though. 

Definitely getting a TM as my next pistol.

Rocketdogbert has a G17 in the classifieds for £80 - snap it up before someone else does!

Another vote for the TM M&P (or any other TM bar the 1911s) they're all great 

I've used a mates TM Mk23 for literally one skirmish and I still remember it, they're very satisfying. If I didn't already have an unhealhy infatuation with all things Glock I would have one of theee. I still will one day when a good dealio comes along.

For £200 budget, get a TM. The only possible downside is they are all plastic slides (someone correct me if I’m wrong). If that matter to you then a WE glock with a maple leaf drop in barrel/hop/bucking kit is very good second choice and still easily in budget. 

Won’t go wrong with a second hand Glock from rocketdogburt. 

Get that and use the spare cast for a couple of extra mags 

35 minutes ago, E21A said:

For £200 budget, get a TM. The only possible downside is they are all plastic slides (someone correct me if I’m wrong). If that matter to you then a WE glock with a maple leaf drop in barrel/hop/bucking kit is very good second choice and still easily in budget. 

Yup and if you want a metal slide on your Glock there's WE one for  £5 cheaper. 

49 minutes ago, Duff said:

Yup and if you want a metal slide on your Glock there's WE one for  £5 cheaper. 

I actually want this for myself, but I need to this my guns and buy more pyro 

13 minutes ago, P13 said:

I actually want this for myself, but I need to this my guns and buy more pyro 

I want rdb'sTM 🤣 hence suggesting a different Glock aha....

Tokyo Marui. 

Marui. 

TM. 

Accept no substitute. 

Just to say a plastic slide is an advantage not a disadvantage. Less weight than metal. So better efficency faster cycle rate less prone to fail to cycle in cold weather. 

Glock made EF destroy there first round of Glocks because they dident meet up with there standers, in return the ones they released are pretty nice, not disagreeing TM is normally the way to go, but if your wanting a Glock I would go with the only licensed Glock out there.     

Wow, that's harsh. The EF glocks must be really good! I am going to have to decide, TM or EF... I do want it to be a sturdy gun, metal slide would be nice.

The EF/Umarex/VFC Glocks do sound interesting and I do want to try one.

But I'll be amazed if they're as good as my KWA/Umarex H&K 45: reaches out to 40 yards ish+ on .25s right out of the box and has metal slide so it can take powerful gas without breaking. Unlike TMs.

And it costs under £200, albeit not much, and the mags are the better part of £50.

I've been running all my TM pistols on propane/green gas all year round for years now and never once had one explode. People spout the "omg plastic slide" thing far too often. I like having a plastic pistol that works all year round 😛 as much as I love my WE Glock, it sucks outside of summer. 

1 hour ago, Tiercel said:

People spout the "omg plastic slide" thing far too often. I like having a plastic pistol that works all year round as much as I love my WE Glock, it sucks outside of summer. 

Bada Bing is a bit marmite, but he did make a decent video on benefits on plastic slides.

11 hours ago, Defender90 said:

The EF/Umarex/VFC Glocks do sound interesting and I do want to try one.

But I'll be amazed if they're as good as my KWA/Umarex H&K 45: reaches out to 40 yards ish+ on .25s right out of the box and has metal slide so it can take powerful gas without breaking. Unlike TMs.

And it costs under £200, albeit not much, and the mags are the better part of £50.

Ran my TM HK45 on nuprol 4.0 no problems when I had it and my M&P works fine on it.

The newer TMs are ok on the stronger gases.