Any tips for installing the anti-reversal latch and bevel gear?

GemsHD
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As title suggests, I'm having a difficult time re-installing an anti- reversal latch with a bevel gear, it seems that once I pull it back it just snaps out of it's socket and has done about 100 times... Any McGuayver tips?

Just now, rocketdogbert said:

Grow three more hands lol.

Seriously, just takes practice And patience 

That's the last thing I wanted to hear 😂 Thanks anyway!

I found these quite useful alongside a magnet as mentioned above:

http://www.clandestineairsoft.com/tools-c-37/hsarmory-arl-clips-p-839.html

You can get them from Airlab in the UK but they are not in stock at the mo:

https://airlab.parts/products/hsa-anti-reversal-latch-clip?variant=1095938023

😉

• Supporters

it's the sign of a good quality healthy gearbox that the latch can stay in unassisted.

one thing you can do is back the bevel hear into the latch, it'll give it a little friction and can be enough to hold it.

otherwise magnets are a great option.

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

it's the sign of a good quality healthy gearbox that the latch can stay in unassisted.

one thing you can do is back the bevel hear into the latch, it'll give it a little friction and can be enough to hold it.

otherwise magnets are a great option.

Thanks mate! If I'm not mistaken you're from around my way? NI.

What sites are you playing at?

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, GemsHD said:

Thanks mate! If I'm not mistaken you're from around my way? NI.

What sites are you playing at?

Escarmouche mainly, although still kinda 50/50 on that place. Not really an indoor guy so i dont really do belfast.

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Escarmouche mainly, although still kinda 50/50 on that place. Not really an indoor guy so i dont really do belfast.

Mostly do Borderline, playing tomorrow! but I'm interested in trying out new sites... Do you know if Nomad near larne is still running events?

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, GemsHD said:

Mostly do Borderline, playing tomorrow! but I'm interested in trying out new sites... Do you know if Nomad near larne is still running events?

Heard nomad closed down, although that was just the rumour mill so could be wrong. Was an ok site, although quite small.

Escarmouche is a great site in terms of the terrain, and the guys that run it are nice people although their marshalling is somewhat lacking when it comes to stopping creative use of game mechanics.

Just now, Adolf Hamster said:

Heard nomad closed down, although that was just the rumour mill so could be wrong. Was an ok site, although quite small.

Escarmouche is a great site in terms of the terrain, and the guys that run it are nice people although their marshalling is somewhat lacking when it comes to stopping creative use of game mechanics.

I'll defintely give it a shot! Thanks dude

• Supporters

You use round tiny earth magnets underneath the box for the AR Latch

props to Samurai for this tip he told me about a while back

(beats most other tips n tricks)

doesn't work on trigger cos AR is ferrous/magnetic

but trigger is not magnetic = alloy

you can cheat a little by dropping a bit of glue on the trigger eyelet so spring stays put

might still jump out a bit but reduces the chances a fair deal

can use a hair clip or something if really having grief to help retain trigger

but usually it stays put more than AR Latch does (glue the trigger spring to trigger)

plus if AR Latch is staying put you only need 3 hands to close box not 4 or 5

practice is the main principal though

Should be able to close up almost any box with say a m140 spring on your own 1st/2nd attempt

It is when you use m160 springs say on DSG's & above it gets fun

Stupid stuff like m170+ people often drill tiny holes in box and use ties to hold spring/piston down

you think AR Latch is tricky - try getting a crazy mofo spring in on ya own...

(that is real fun with greasy hands after numerous failed attempts)

Most of it is experience and technique plus your approach to it

you will suss it like we all had to in the end

watch as many youtube videos - but you still gotta end up fumbling your way through closing up the box

like reading a book on how to ride a bike - in the end you just have to suss it out yourself

you will fall off a load of times - but in the end you suss it out and wibble wobble ya way through life

Archived