How to remove outer barrel from jg scorpion?

Compulsive Reload
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, 

Yes me again

Wanted to know if anyone had an idea or experience on how to remove and outer barrel from a jg scorpion can't seem to find anything and I don't want to just try to pull it off and risk breaking it.

Tried twisting it, was a bit of resistance made a creaky plastic sound so I decided to stop.

I have an idea that I may have to take apart the upper receiver, will this void warrantee or is it fine? 

Thanks.

IMG_20180720_141031.jpg

IMG_20180720_140859.jpg

IMG_20180720_140904.jpg

It's Skorpion* 🤣 and yeah some retailers will say warranty is broken if you open it and others accept that all airsofters do it to their toys.

Have you tried looking for a JingGong exploded diagram of it?

It may be very similar to the Well VZ61 

http://www.greekairsoft.gr/manuals/list.asp?Model=Scorpion+VZ61+Airsoft+Manuals&Model_ID=59

They come supplied with a rail and a threaded adapter with a 14 thread so my b&t tracer fits on no bother.

Upper is metal,  and comes with a 7.4v 700mah charger/250mah charger, plus an 80 round metal mag.

Bought a drum mag for it but doesn't seem to fit all that well, apparently well/marui midcaps fit fine. 

It just unscrews, I took mine off just yesterday.  Mine was used and had been removed previously from the sratches on the repalcement barrel with the threads for the suppressor, so it unscrwed easily.

Had to take the whole thing apart as FPS dropped to 150.

next time I'll buy a new gun 😉

Bucking had a tear in it. I didn't check the FPS when it arrived, so I don't know if it was me.  It was shooting fine even at 150FPS, but my indoor range is only 8.5m, which it could easily handle, at 150FPS.

I decided to check the FPS as the chrono was out to fine tune the Tippmann for Sunday.

20 minutes ago, MisterG said:

It just unscrews, I took mine off just yesterday.  Mine was used and had been removed previously from the sratches on the repalcement barrel with the threads for the suppressor, so it unscrwed easily.

Had to take the whole thing apart as FPS dropped to 150.

Aha you sir are correct, the exploded diagram made it look like it wouldn't. Had to wrap a tshirt around it due to my feminine grip, you can tell I don't open the jars of jam in my house. 

Anywah, inner barrel looked a bit dirty, heres some pics. And that drop leg holster was well worth £10 fits nice!

IMG_20180720_151913.jpg

IMG_20180720_151953.jpg

IMG_20180720_151513.jpg

IMG_20180720_151518.jpg

IMG_20180720_151342.jpg

All my guns are used, so haven't bought anything new yet.

On 20/07/2018 at 15:21, Compulsive Reload said:

Aha you sir are correct, the exploded diagram made it look like it wouldn't. Had to wrap a tshirt around it due to my feminine grip, you can tell I don't open the jars of jam in my house. 

Anywah, inner barrel looked a bit dirty, heres some pics. And that drop leg holster was well worth £10 fits nice!

IMG_20180720_151913.jpg

IMG_20180720_151953.jpg

IMG_20180720_151513.jpg

IMG_20180720_151518.jpg

IMG_20180720_151342.jpg

I'm debating whether to put a suppressor on and extend the inner barrel.

I have a similar holster in multi-cam, but not drop leg. 

I took the stock off to use more like a pistol.

I'm not convinced about the rail, not usre it can stand up to use

Yep was a good deal

7 minutes ago, MisterG said:

All my guns are used, so haven't bought anything new yet.

I'm debating whether to put a suppressor on and extend the inner barrel.

I have a similar holster in multi-cam, but not drop leg. 

I took the stock off to use more like a pistol.

I'm not convinced about the rail, not usre it can stand up to use

Might aswell if it will fit in holster, and if you need the range. Mine should be fine as its cqb.

Wouldn't fit with the torch on sadly but not really an issue for me, I don't even think the strike systems one would and that's like £40-£50 the rail seem sturdy but It seems like a crap brittle plastic that will break on impact, holds that torch 9.99 ebay torch well (great torch btw).

Don't plan on using it but like it aesthetically over the top, can't clasp it properly with the torch I have on though which is another issue.

Does the inner barrel look okay? 

IMG_20180720_152641_HHT.jpg

IMG_20180720_152645_HHT.jpg

39 minutes ago, Duff said:

If it's loose, plumbers tape. If it's too tight, get her drunk. No wait....

I want a GBBR VZ61.

Didn't see this, thought I was going to have to get her drunk but fiddled about and managed it. Just have to hold the mag release in and push till its in enough let go and the push till it clicks.

Think it was a well drum mag off amazon for like £15, doesn't feed 100% but is better than an 80 round mag, should of really bought some midcaps from tg.

Not sure of the question, it's a lot cleaner than mine on the outside 😉

I cleaned the inside of mine yesterday, so hopefully internally it's clean.

A nice tightbore would probably be better.

Cheers

G

3 minutes ago, MisterG said:

Not sure of the question, it's a lot cleaner than mine on the outside 😉

I cleaned the inside of mine yesterday, so hopefully internally it's clean.

A nice tightbore would probably be better.

Cheers

G

Ah good then. Yeah, probably not going to mess about internally atm.

Definitely, it's only a pistol barrel.

Oh just thought, how long did your battery last when you skirmished it, if you have of course?

Haven't skirmished it yet.  With a partial charge it managed about 2-300 rounds before running out of charge.  Did a lot of testing 😉, and let my daughter have a go.

Only just charged it up to full, to skirmish on Sunday, but for me it is my secondary as a back up to a DMR, so not sure I will get a full picture then.

15 minutes ago, MisterG said:

Haven't skirmished it yet.  With a partial charge it managed about 2-300 rounds before running out of charge.  Did a lot of testing 😉, and let my daughter have a go.

Only just charged it up to full, to skirmish on Sunday, but for me it is my secondary as a back up to a DMR, so not sure I will get a full picture then.

Ah I see not too bad then, how long did you charge it for, done about 2 hours on mine, think it may need longer judging by the charger.

May need to get another battery or dunno if one of these would be better

https://www.airsoftworld.net/new-tokyo-marui-micro-aep-to-mp7-skorpion-mac10-battery-adaptor-li-po-lipo-7-4v-550mah.html#product-tabs

I was told it should be charged for about 4 hours, but I forgot it and ended up charging overnight.

Partial charge was 1-2 hours.

Cheers

G

1 minute ago, MisterG said:

I was told it should be charged for about 4 hours, but I forgot it and ended up charging overnight.

Partial charge was 1-2 hours.

Cheers

G

Ah right, I thought you were meant to divide the battery mah by the charger mah, 700÷250=2.8?

Might be wrong, charged it for about 2 hours anyway.

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, Compulsive Reload said:

Ah right, I thought you were meant to divide the battery mah by the charger mah, 700÷250=2.8?

Might be wrong, charged it for about 2 hours anyway.

Yep, in the rc world we call it "c" (even though thats an incorrect terminology) so for a 700mah lipo charging at 1c is charging at 0.7a and will take an hour to charge a dead battery. Same applied to the "c" rating on the battery itself for discharge rate, so a 700mah 25c battery can put out 17.5a

Thing is lipo chargers are smart, they detect when the battery is full and charge to that point so it's ok to leave it longer, in fact its best to leave until completed as some chargers do 1 cell at a time (like those cheap 3 led nuprol chargers) so an incomplete charge will leave you with an imbalanced battery (this is a bad bad bad thing and if left unchecked will at best kill your battery)

When it comes to lipo's i always advise proper charging equipment, imax b6 being the standard reccommendation. Its a false economy messing with cheap chargers, a decent charger will not only do any lipo you fancy but also all your nimh's and if you need to you can also charge your car with them.

On 20/07/2018 at 16:34, Adolf Hamster said:

Yep, in the rc world we call it "c" (even though thats an incorrect terminology) so for a 700mah lipo charging at 1c is charging at 0.7a and will take an hour to charge a dead battery. Same applied to the "c" rating on the battery itself for discharge rate, so a 700mah 25c battery can put out 17.5a

Thing is lipo chargers are smart, they detect when the battery is full and charge to that point so it's ok to leave it longer, in fact its best to leave until completed as some chargers do 1 cell at a time (like those cheap 3 led nuprol chargers) so an incomplete charge will leave you with an imbalanced battery (this is a bad bad bad thing and if left unchecked will at best kill your battery)

When it comes to lipo's i always advise proper charging equipment, imax b6 being the standard reccommendation. Its a false economy messing with cheap chargers, a decent charger will not only do any lipo you fancy but also all your nimh's and if you need to you can also charge your car with them.

Think this may be a nimh as its a micro battery? Comes with a weird charger aswell, had a similar one but alot larger for a crap rc car.

Here's an image.

IMG_20180720_164218.jpg

IMG_20180720_164256.jpg

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, Compulsive Reload said:

Okay cool may have a look

Think this may be a nimh as its a micro battery? Comes with a weird charger aswell, had a similar one but alot larger for a crap rc car.

Here's an image.

IMG_20180720_164218.jpg

IMG_20180720_164256.jpg

Fair enough, i saw 7.4v earlier in the thread so i assumed we were talking 2 cell lipo.

In that case its ok to half charge it, and a cheap charger will work (although needless to say a good charger will still be better)

Looks like a weird custom setup, suppose it makes sense for a skorpion. Although now the argument shifts to "lipo>nimh" :P

I plan to do the lipo mod on mine at some point and wire it to Deans

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, MisterG said:

I plan to do the lipo mod on mine at some point and wire it to Deans

Good my young padewan, you are learning the ways of the electro motive force!

Will need a major rewire, as there is no free floating connector for the battery.

That was the webisite that gave me the idea, but I want to test it in a skirmish first before I do any mods.

And I need a new bucking, as I did a temp fix with PFTE tape to fix the leak.

Archived