how much can you actually get for broken guns

GazeTasty
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

yeah been trying for abit to get a load of money together for my loadout and I got this old CAA m4 it was my first gun and after a few games the pistol grip or what ever started getting really hot and making destressing noises so I got another m4.I'm no airsoft master but is that the gearbox in there and how much would effect the value of a boneyard gun or whatever because I have seen them go from 20 quid to 200. there is nothing else wrong with it just woundered if it was worth selling as parts.

cheers :) 

• Supporters

If the pistol grip is getting hot, that's the motor. 

There's several reasons why the motor might be getting hot and noisy, some are simple to fix, some less so. Without knowing what is causing it you'd be looking at around £50 sold as a "project gun" or boneyard. You might get more if you split it and sold it as parts but you have to factor in what your own time is worth to you. It's not a hugely expensive gun and M4 style weapons are so common that you'll never get loads for it.

Pretty much what they said. Whole broken guns are worth a fraction of  the value of functioning guns. You see to many adverts for easy fix guns wanting far too much money (with purchase and parts you can spend more than the cost of the gun new repairing a broken gun) . You will get a much better return parting out the gun. 

• Supporters

The problem is if its a simple fix then you're gonna be getting ripped off if you sell it as cheap and broken.

I remember seeing a guy parading an ics l85 he'd got for £20, turned out all was wrong with it was a bb jammed in the barrel.

Likewise my king arms m4 needed pretty much every internal part replaced to get it to a level of decent performance, now i think the only king arms made kit on there is the reciever.

If i were you i'd use this as an opportunity to learn some tech work, worst case scenario the gun will still be broken but you'll know how broken it is for selling. Best case you'll fix it and have a spare gun.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

If i were you i'd use this as an opportunity to learn some tech work, worst case scenario the gun will still be broken but you'll know how broken it is for selling. Best case you'll fix it and have a spare gun.

This.

Even if you don't really know what you're doing use it as a chance to try and fix or even just have a poke around inside and see what's going on, if it's something simple you can probably sort it and then as said, you 'll end up with an entire other gun

• 5 weeks later...

hi everyone im srry for not replying I did not get msgs im gonna try and play around wiv it and see what happens

cheers everyone

Some people can fix anything others should never buy tools or touch anything that is mechanical.

A good learning experience is worth its weight in gold, just do a little research online before taking anything apart.

Archived