HQ Airsoft Driffield - East Yorkshire

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, it seems there is a new site that has opened on the former RAF base at Driffield. Has anyone attended this place yet? I am considering heading there in August at some point so would be great to know what it is like. No website but they do have a page on Facebook and rumour has it that it is being run by the same guys as Slaughterhouse.

It's run by Airsoft Direct / Slaughterhouse.
AFAIK they've just had trial games so far with limited numbers.
I'm not sure when they're going to open it up to full numbers though.
It's got a massive amount of potential.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

The site is called " HQ " and it is indeed run by ASD from Hull. The first normal game day is the 5th August as the other 3 where trial game days. The site massive and it has lots of outdoor play and more and more building's will be brought into play as time progresses. The potential for this site is massive with full day games and normal game days being in the works. I think there is also themed and milsim games will be run at some point in the future as well. I personally love the site and it can only get better .

There is also lots of long grass and trees and places to hide. We are in the process of clearing areas and will also be putting signs/markers up around site to help with navigating around site.

• 1 month later...

Finally got around to playing here recently. I have to say that this site has really good potential. The Clientele seemed honest for the most part and the actual playing area is great. It currently has some teething problems as the site is not 100% finished. That being said the game modes worked well and suited the field. As it stands this is a really good site. Given time and support I think it could turn out to be the best. Quite a lot of people travel a fair distance to come here from what players were saying and they sometimes offer camping the night before to help cater for this.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't played airsoft at this site but I did use to attend this site when it was being run as a cadet base.  Evan back then (15 Years +) it made for a good combat site as we ran small skirmishes back then although we could only fire blanks if we where lucky.

looking forward to visiting the old grounds again :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For anyone that has been here is it run well and do the games work? Attended Slaughterhouse a few times and imho it was run pretty poorly which put me off going.

I think it runs well, they are still getting the hang of the site but the games ran well. I have no problem recommending it. I was there on the 28th unfortunately never saw your post.

On 02/11/2018 at 13:58, YorkieT17 said:

I think it runs well, they are still getting the hang of the site but the games ran well. I have no problem recommending it. I was there on the 28th unfortunately never saw your post.

I enjoyed it. The game areas are great good mix of indoor and outdoor areas, I only had a few things I'd like to see them address.

A bit more of a clear game area, got lost a few times 😂 a few colours on the buildings would help and spawns, with a bit more enforcement about shooting into the spawns , and a bit of rubble clearing from some of the stair wells, but over all the staff were friendly the games were good.

Considering they have only had 8 games so far, I think Chris said?, I definitely would recommend it.

We enjoyed it though we're off back on Sunday the 11th And they have done quite a bit of updates this weekend from what they have said in the group. 

13 hours ago, Supermoose said:

the buildings would help and spawns, with a bit more enforcement about shooting into the spawns , and a bit of rubble clearing from some of the stair wells, but over all the staff were friendly the games were good.

Were you on the banded team? Are you talking about the capture the bouy game? (They were actually fenders but ahh well)

Really annoyed me when we were pinned in that spawn building with only 1 exit and one way to shoot out. 

They tried some new games last time that they didn’t do the two times I went before. I’m not going on the 11th, parading for Remembrance Day. Hopefully will be a good day for you though.

4 hours ago, YorkieT17 said:

Were you on the banded team? Are you talking about the capture the bouy game? (They were actually fenders but ahh well)

Really annoyed me when we were pinned in that spawn building with only 1 exit and one way to shoot out. 

They tried some new games last time that they didn’t do the two times I went before. I’m not going on the 11th, parading for Remembrance Day. Hopefully will be a good day for you though.

Yeah i Was on the banded team and the bouy game was just a bit difficult to get out of once they controlled some areas,  a bit more cover from the left might of helped, hopefully they will address it as they did say they had put some tires down on the runway area.

Ill report back on after Sunday.

• 1 month later...

Any further updates from anyone regarding HQ? 

It’s not too far from me but there are quite a few nearer so still undecided. 

What are the facilites like in terms of food, toilets and any kit/consumables to purchase? 

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Been there a few times and went on the Mil-sim test as well. It's a really friendly site, they do the marketing and photography and feel good factor well.

They hide behind trial games and testing a bit too much for my liking. The briefings are shocking and it can get unorganised at times. The site has loads of potential and hopefully they'll sort the teething issues out. They're obviously trying but the things they slip up on at times are in-excusable even if they do certain things really well because it's just laziness and a lack of planning.

The safety briefings and time keeping is like pulling your teeth out if you're used to well run sites or mil-sim.

They attract a lot of new players and I sort of think they come across at times as new players themselves or at least ones who haven't played widely enough because I can't think why they'd do certain things the way they do if they'd been to well run events and sites.

There's a few choke points in the map and at times they could do with communicating better as marshals to force the games to flow like they should but they do try, sometimes it's just a result of the above.

The safe area is great as there's loads of space and it's in cover. 

Toilet facilities are just a portaloo but baring a number two it doesn't really matter. 

There's a shop that sells products and drinks + Pot Noodles. In terms of hot food they had a bacon van once when I went not sure if it's consistent. 

They're doing their best to clear the site and for the most part it's okay. They still need to clear glass out of windows but that wasn't that bad last time I went.

It's worth going I think, just to see the site because once you're out and in game, the site is truly amazing. I've been to quite a few ex army/raf sites and fibua's and it's up there with the best. It's just frustrating when the things wrong could be fixed quite easily. 

• 7 months later...
On 21/12/2018 at 23:46, Polarit said:

Hey, Been there a few times and went on the Mil-sim test as well. It's a really friendly site, they do the marketing and photography and feel good factor well.

They hide behind trial games and testing a bit too much for my liking. The briefings are shocking and it can get unorganised at times. The site has loads of potential and hopefully they'll sort the teething issues out. They're obviously trying but the things they slip up on at times are in-excusable even if they do certain things really well because it's just laziness and a lack of planning.

The safety briefings and time keeping is like pulling your teeth out if you're used to well run sites or mil-sim.

They attract a lot of new players and I sort of think they come across at times as new players themselves or at least ones who haven't played widely enough because I can't think why they'd do certain things the way they do if they'd been to well run events and sites.

There's a few choke points in the map and at times they could do with communicating better as marshals to force the games to flow like they should but they do try, sometimes it's just a result of the above.

The safe area is great as there's loads of space and it's in cover. 

Toilet facilities are just a portaloo but baring a number two it doesn't really matter. 

There's a shop that sells products and drinks + Pot Noodles. In terms of hot food they had a bacon van once when I went not sure if it's consistent. 

They're doing their best to clear the site and for the most part it's okay. They still need to clear glass out of windows but that wasn't that bad last time I went.

It's worth going I think, just to see the site because once you're out and in game, the site is truly amazing. I've been to quite a few ex army/raf sites and fibua's and it's up there with the best. It's just frustrating when the things wrong could be fixed quite easily. 

Thanks for update. Been waiting a while to wait and see. 

Definitely going to get a game day in for August and hopefully one for September (got young kid) - Just not yet sure if I’ll go here or not. 

Anyone else got any more updates????

• 7 months later...

Hi

Finally getting to go on 8th March - anyone going? 

Can anyone tell me anymore about game types and how the day in general pans out? 

Personally, from videos of the site would love to seem roaming objectives like at Proving Grounds and Sterling events but from what I hear it’s fairly standard skirmish games. 

2 hours ago, Jimbodini42 said:

Hi

Finally getting to go on 8th March - anyone going? 

Can anyone tell me anymore about game types and how the day in general pans out? 

Personally, from videos of the site would love to seem roaming objectives like at Proving Grounds and Sterling events but from what I hear it’s fairly standard skirmish games. 

Let us know how you get on, I'm booked in for the Saturday skirmish on the 14th for the first time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 

Went last weekend and enjoyed it. 

The site is very very good - heard a rumour it’s not going to be available much longer so it’s worth getting yourselves there while you can if gossip is true. 

A lot more woodland style play than what I thought judging by videos and that suited me very well because meant got truly best of both worlds. 

Staff are good, friendly and fun. Safe zone and lunch very good too. 

Games are varied and last a good amount of time. 

However...

All windows are open and clear - they use a ‘blue windows’ only can be shot through both in and out. I found this massively spoilt the games. You’d be on ground floor rooms, watching opponents set up a breach, they’d know exactly where you were so they’d rush you and you’d get lit up from 10 different guns. This really spoilt the games for me and meant advantage of being inside was really reduced. NOT HQ’s FAULT THOUGH - they have to content with regular break ins so it’s not like they can board up the windows (also far too many) as they’d be wrecked from one week to the next. They were surprised to find on our game day and entire wall section had been pulled down. 

Also felt like they needed far more marshals. The ones they had were superb but a site as big as it is needs more, especially inside areas. 
We had one game spoilt by a team of 4 who basically cheated in various ways and we simply couldn’t get them out. I won’t mention the team but they uploaded a video and at one point you see the camera user get hit, carry on and take out 2 more. They also have footage of shooting through gaps less than the A4 size as prescribed in the rules. 
I personally liked the challenge of not only beating these but wiping floor with them but it really annoyed about 9 people on my side to point where they sat down and waited til end of game - all this could have been avoided by more marshals. However also on another day this might not happen anyway. 

Never really knew who won any of the games and never any mention of how the day was panning  out - not an issue for some but I like to have a point to each game personally. 

Some long gaps between games too made us feel we should have had another game included within the day but I find this with most sites anyway. 

Can’t speak highly enough of the site, the staff and facilities though and would recommend. 

Pros

Site & location 

Safezone 

Staff 

Large numbers 

Varied games 

Negs

Gaps between games 

more marshals needed 

cheaters - if they are regular, probably not 

Last note - an all day, objectives day Like what they do at Proving Grounds  would be AMAZING at this site. 

Cheers fella, pretty much what I found yesterday, with the exception of lunch, on Saturday games they just have cup o soups, chocolate bars and crisps, no worries if you know in advance and bring a bait box.

Site was very impressive, great post apocalyptic feel. Good mix of outdoor long range engagements and close quarter in your face indoor clearing. 

Marshalls were very positive if short on numbers, meant a few players were able to take advantage being out of oversight but wasn't too bad. 

Good bunch of regular players, though the initial team set up had a poor split of rentals/young/new players vs. regulars. Knowledge of the bolt holes, shootable windows and sight lines were key in some games and teams were switched up in the afternoon as we were getting pasted!

Personally my adrenaline has never run so high, ambush potential was ever present and trying to clear corners/doors/rooms had me on edge. Discovered my load out, while woodland friendly, was far from ideal for room clearing. Suffered my first bleeder hit, right between the eyes on my forehead, it was a fair fight but he got me good! Sorely missed a chest rig/plate carrier which would have helped with the bruises from close range hits, but you live and learn.

Had planned on buying some pyro for room clearing but none available on the day, Thier supply factory had burned down! Made breaching a real chore, not enough BFG's to go round!

Thoroughly enjoyed the day, my TM HiCapa got a good run out, the M14 being a tad too long to swing around in close spaces!

Will definitely go again.

Archived