Trident MK 2 CRB or G&G equivalent?

tasum
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I hope this is the correct section.

I've been to Halo Mill and had loads of fun playing with the rental G&G cm16's. I really liked the length, not sure how long they are, but they are quite short.

I am keen to get my own rifle so that I can add a red dot, etc and I am trying to decide whether to go for the trident mk2 or one of the G&G offerings.

I really fancied a lvoas, but I think they're just a branded version of the trident with the same internals (read on this very forum). So thought the trident crb  would be a good bet.

I want to play outdoors as well, so I'm hoping the crb will be capable at the longer outdoor ranges. I not so keen on the longer c version.

Having been told that the G&G's have better motors and gears than the krytacs, I'm now not sure whether the G&G would be a better option. Also, I'm not sure which G&G is the trident equivalent.

Any advice would be great, especially from those with first hand experience or even owners of both.

I have been offered an upgraded combat machine, which I am yet to see it and to see what upgrades have been done. 

I have been patient, but I'm planning a trip to patrolbase this weekend. I don't know if I'll be strong enough to resit and thought I'd better get some advice. ☺️

I appreciate that I should play for a little longer to see how my play style develops, but I'm assuming that in reality it comes down to whether I'm going to be playing exclusively indoors or out. I think I'll be indoors for a little longer or at least until I can organise an outdoor game. But I'd like to be able to play at both types of site.  Any info on where would be good near Leeds for a newbie friendly outdoor game would be great.

So I'd like a rifle that can cope with both.

I'm not averse to buying more than one rifle, but I'd like to start off with one to begin with. I already have an old kj glock 32 which is still working and I will use. But, I'm not relying on it for the indoor games.

I do like the look of the arp9 556 or even the arp9 with a drum mag for cqb and then run the crb inside and outside as well. Just not sure if the crb or a similar length alternative would be ok for both.

I don't know whether the crb would do everything the arp9 would do and offer a greater range for outdoors or those long bits inside.

I do like the look of the skorpion, but I think that the m4 style offers me the add-on flexibility I think I want/need.

Sorry for the long post. Please be kind. Thanks in advance for your advice. 😁

I’d say the G&G GC range is about the same level as the krytac (or so I was told) 

I have a GC16 wildhog 9” and it’s perfect both indoors and out. You’ll probably be told that the ETU/MOSFET combo is the devil, but it’s fine if you run it on 11.1v lipos. 

Cant give any advice on the krytac other than I was told there’s not much in it between that and the G&G at my local gunshop, and of the 2 to go for the G&G (which was cheaper so not a sales tactic) 

I’ve got a Krytac SPR and it’s great, shoots well out of the box and has never failed on me, had some friends with G&Gs and they have all broken at some point, but G&G are well known for being a good make.

I’d say Krytac will perform better. 

Thank you both. I feel reassured on the g&g front. I had a good look at some members guns last night and they seem very happy with them. 

It's likely to come down to what's in stock.

Thank you for the info 😀

Well decision was made last week. I got a g&g predator. It wasn't the right length, but being a newb I wanted something they had in stock. Got it home last Friday and when I had a play I noticed that the front rail was moving slightly and was tinging up against the barrel.

I called customer service, shop has no telephone line, and they advised me to tighten up the 2 retaining bolts. I did so, but it was still moving.

I went back to Huddy the next day. They were initially not keen on exchanging it. I had explained that I'd decided that the krytac (after a few hours online the night before) seemed a better design, less likely to wobble. They re-assured me that it just needed tightening up and that the g&g's were rock solid, which is why they'd recommended the predator due to its solid build and better rated internals.

Their tech took it away and came back to confirm that he couldn't stop it wobbling and so they were happy to refund. To their credit, they did offer to take it back BEFORE they discovered what must be a manufacturing issue. They knew I'd really wanted the krytac, but had been too impatient. So I felt looked after, but was a bit miffed at having to make 2 journeys instead of the 2. My mistake!

So it was my own fault for not examining the rifle before it was packed up, I had shot the green predator they had on display and had briefly handled my rifle, then it was packed away, as it was a display model, and I didn't hold it until I got home. There was a lot going on last Friday; new ceiling and lots of ladders.

So, I decided to go for something a little cheaper to tide me over. I went for a g&g wild hog, which seems very robust, which for £30 more than the basic combat machine, has the better internals and with a 7 inch barrel I can use it indoors. 

So far I've been very pleased with the wild hog, but I haven't shot it. Haven't zeroed it yet, but the batteries are charged and I just need to find a torch to fit to the "keymod" rail. So any owners out there who are using a torch, please let me know what you've got.

It's a shame the predator had the wobble action, but I'm glad in a way as it's meant I've got something at the right length. I wasn't put off g&g by the experience, but I did spend a while checking over my new rifle, which was a boxed one, not a  display model.

I did buy another mag for the predator, which I can use for the wild hog, but it isn't the same as the one in the box, no nice rubber sleeve. Are the standard ones as good? It doesn't seem to fit as well as the supplied mag. Looking at the website, they do sell the same ones as the supplied version, but must have been out of stock. Another newb mistake! Will try and swap this for the "better" version.

I've learnt that no matter how experienced we are, it only takes a little excitement for me to forget all the little things that need to be covered and checked when making what is a significant purchase. My advice to anyone coming into the sport is to take the advice of those on here and take your time. It's too easy to focus on the new purchase and forget to check out the basics.

Thanks for all of the advice. 

Sorry for the long post. :)

4 hours ago, E21A said:

With regard to torch fitting, you can buy RIS rail segments that bolt to the keymod system. Then attach your chosen torch that way 

Thank you :)

• 2 months later...

@tasum I'm in exact same position now on choosing between Krytac CRB MK2 or G&G CM16 and I notice you profile shows you how have the Krytac also.  Can I ask what made you get the Krytac after choosing the G&G?

Hopefully you response will help me choose ?

Thanks

Hi Gkaruk

I went for the wildhog as they didn't have the crb in stock and I decided the hog would be good for cqb. I have to say I am very impressed with the widlhog build quality and performance. I bought the predator first, but had a wobbly rail issue, so had a play with a few and decided the mosfet, nicer trigger & metal construction warranted the hog's higher price over the other raiders. I've not been disappointed with it.

I've yet to play with the crb, but I'm hoping to get outdoors soon.

I'm sure someone at your club will have them, so have go on both as little things do make a differnece. However, you can't go wrong with the wildhog for the money.

Let us know what you choose or whether you decide to get both like me :)

@tasum thanks.  I decided on the Krytac MK2 CRB but cant buy until Nov due to stock.  I let you know my thoughts post then.

What mags did you go for, trying to keep cost done initial so thinking to stay Hi-Cap for now and wonder what make you picked up for extra mags?   

PTS Mag seems common favorite but expensive... found good review of mags by this chap linked below using different guns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ymp_WUvRvA

Google Sheets of test results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Zjl4p93KpMJIiN0TZxa71NzdJUgZofGGn5AcLvzP0U/

Nuprol Mid caps are mint, and cheap. Used them in my G&G CM16 and Krytac Mk2 Trident CRB with zero issues. Think PatrolBase have them at 5 for £40 currently too. 

I ended up buying my CRB from Land Warrior as Patrol Base couldn't give me an expected stock time

I got a few nuprol mags as I wasn't keen on the more expensive, but very plastiky g&g ones. PB didn't have any of the nicer ones that ship with the rifle in stock, which have the half rubber.

So tried a few nuprols including the fast mags with the cord pull instead of the wheel. Not fielded them yet, but they seem robust.

Let us know how you get on. :)

• 3 weeks later...

@tasum We I got my Krytac with first outing planned for 18th Nov.  

Also treated myself to a UTG RedGreenDot from RifleWork.co.uk @ £41, looking forward to trying her out in early Nov at our SkirmishCentral, Northamptonshire.

Chrono .20 @ 349, 346, 342 fps with 19 rps out the box
Chrono .25 @  310, 309, 307 fps with 21 rps out the box

Very happy!

Kryatc Trident CRB MK2 with UTG RedGreenDot_20181023_194211.jpg

Archived