Carrier Comparison

AshOnSnow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

In the market for a new carrier. Important for me is a nice wide mole section on top so I can run both my pistol and my radio on my chest, so that rules out most JPC and DCS type carriers.

Choosing now between:

WAS RICAS

WAS Raptor (any experiences with this?)

Viper Elite Platform

Condor Gunner

Condor Operator

Condor Exo

Condor Enforcer

Anyone currently using or previously used any of the above? Feedback?

I run a condor gunner mate, great all rounder rig. Loads of space 

this is how how I run mine, 

A115A3E3-5714-44FD-AEC6-A7AA686AAC4C.thumb.jpeg.cad629e3ef54eb4366f257d8f5523b0d.jpeg

Just now, P13 said:

I run a condor gunner mate, great all rounder rig. Loads of space 

this is how how I run mine, 

A115A3E3-5714-44FD-AEC6-A7AA686AAC4C.thumb.jpeg.cad629e3ef54eb4366f257d8f5523b0d.jpeg

You’ve got your pistol way over to your left, do you think there would be space for a radio in there too, if you shifted the pistol 2 or 3 spaces over to the right?

5 minutes ago, AshOnSnow said:

You’ve got your pistol way over to your left, do you think there would be space for a radio in there too, if you shifted the pistol 2 or 3 spaces over to the right?

What radio do you run? I think the trouble you would have, is if the pistol moves over the draw becomes awkward. 

My radio usually goes in a pouch on my back with a mic and ear piece

29 minutes ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

Why do you need to run your radio on your chest? Do you not have a PTT and some kind of earpiece headset? 

Just the setup I like.

48 minutes ago, P13 said:

What radio do you run? I think the trouble you would have, is if the pistol moves over the draw becomes awkward. 

My radio usually goes in a pouch on my back with a mic and ear piece

TLKR T80

I bought the MK2 version of this one I have on; it's one I borrowed for the feel of a PC hence the reason it doesn't fit so well. Quite expensive 🙄🙄 but the one I have has had a couple of compliments and comes with everything you need!

The MK1 is more expensive too. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F201450027419

IMG_20180606_003605_298.jpg

1 hour ago, Polluxtroy69 said:

I bought the MK2 version of this one I have on; it's one I borrowed for the feel of a PC hence the reason it doesn't fit so well. Quite expensive 🙄🙄 but the one I have has had a couple of compliments and comes with everything you need!

The MK1 is more expensive too. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F201450027419

IMG_20180606_003605_298.jpg

Has it got pockets for plates? Top loading or bottom loading? Study design? (I don’t want to lose a toe if my plate falls out!)

3 hours ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

Yeah I wasn’t criticising, was trying to figure out the thought process behind it so I could try and help👍🏻

I like having the radio on the front where I can switch from a team channel that sometimes gets set up, to a squad channel on Total War games. So my PTT is on the radio itself too. I sometimes have an earpiece, but it falls out when I run so unless I’m being super stealthy, I just let it come straight from the handset. Talk button with my left hand, can draw my pistol with my right. My holster is brilliant and easy to draw from, so I’m not worried about scrabbling around with push buttons and awkward wrist bending to reach it - I just grab and go.

10 minutes ago, AshOnSnow said:

Has it got pockets for plates? Top loading or bottom loading? Study design? (I don’t want to lose a toe if my plate falls out!)

It says it's compatible with British issue plates as well as others. Not sure about the loading but I can get back to you later with answers and pictures if you like? I won't be carrying plates in it so it's something I've not looked for or noticed on it. 

24 minutes ago, Polluxtroy69 said:

It says it's compatible with British issue plates as well as others. Not sure about the loading but I can get back to you later with answers and pictures if you like? I won't be carrying plates in it so it's something I've not looked for or noticed on it. 

Hmm strange. British Osprey plates are a very different shape to SAPI and E-SAPI. I have heavy concrete-filled dummy plates to turn airsoft days into fun fitness days.

6 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

Just the setup I like.

TLKR T80

I have the same radio, want me to move it all about so you can see what you’d be working with 

4 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

I like having the radio on the front where I can switch from a team channel that sometimes gets set up, to a squad channel on Total War games. So my PTT is on the radio itself too. I sometimes have an earpiece, but it falls out when I run so unless I’m being super stealthy, I just let it come straight from the handset. Talk button with my left hand, can draw my pistol with my right. My holster is brilliant and easy to draw from, so I’m not worried about scrabbling around with push buttons and awkward wrist bending to reach it - I just grab and go.

Could I suggest if you can get it for your radio a fist mic and a relocation cable? you could still access the PTT easily, would take up less space than the radio being chest mounted and having a relocation cable means you can still access the radio easily to be able to switch between channels without it being in the way.

@AshOnSnow here are the images

It's bottom loading with velcro keeping the bottom closed.

There's additional padding which I have removed to show. 

There's another compartment where the plate goes and the plate is held in place by a strap that goes under the plate and through a hoop. The hoop and strap velcro together and form what seems a strong bond like all the other velcro on this PC. 

The space for the plate goes right up to the line on the last picture and right across the body. 

Any other information just ask mate. 

20180719_123045.jpg

20180719_123155.jpg

20180719_123223.jpg

20180719_123203.jpg

20180719_123237.jpg

20180719_123247.jpg

20180719_123322.jpg

Archived