Something goes right! MK23

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Woo and indeed hoo, hoo!
I am currently a very happy bunny.

I sat down tonight to upgrade my ASG MK23 with:

Hadron Designs TDC mod

Hadron Desingns Fang Plate

ML Autobot bucking

CJ 220mm barrel
Silverback Supressor 

However, I fell at the first hurdle.
I just could not get the damned slide off.
So, rather than batter fuck out of it with a hammer in temper, I put it away, and got the TM MK23 out instead.

And something rather wonderful happened.
It all went well.
Even down to drilling the outer barrel.
I am a bit gobsmacked.

314.7 fps  / 1.65J on 0.36 Geoff's.... So 420 fps on .2 equivalent....
And they seem to go for miles!
I cannot wait to actually test them for accuracy/distance.
Tomorrow I have a carbine kit arriving, so need to get a buffer tube and stock to complement it. And an optic.
And a few more mags.....
And then Tally Ho!
Happy days 😄 

IMG_1031.thumb.jpg.a4d7c57d50dcf13849d5be5304818109.jpgIMG_1032.thumb.jpg.804748df7a0c08d7b78acdd9e8902ebf.jpgIMG_1033.thumb.jpg.b912be6d8b941caf2e57f3e9070e1f9c.jpgIMG_1035.thumb.jpg.8290517b9b34b8c370ce63566be738f9.jpgIMG_1034.thumb.jpg.3d76e12eeee0cafe94f8cf8f8609ea67.jpg

1 minute ago, Rogerborg said:

Semi-seriously, are you going to need a backup pistol for inside your primary pistol's MED? 🤔

Yup - and guess what I'll be using 😉 

If I can get the damned slide off......

6 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Semi-seriously, are you going to need a backup pistol for inside your primary pistol's MED? 🤔

Actually........ I might run stockless ARP9 or Vector.... Just for the lulz 😄 

I have just bought that same supressor and plan on picking up the asg mk23 to do those same mods too.

If you manage it on the ASG one you will have to let me know how it fairs. Especially with the asg mk23 running hot if you use the stock supressor.

And 420ISH ON .20'S. I thought the tm's were supposed to be lower velocity lol

Just now, ghostwalker said:

I have just bought that same supressor and plan on picking up the asg mk23 to do those same mods too.

If you manage it on the ASG one you will have to let me know how it fairs. Especially with the asg mk23 running hot if you use the stock supressor.

And 420ISH ON .20'S. I thought the tm's were supposed to be lower velocity lol

The TM's are about 290 / 295 stock. The upgrades make a massive difference!
The suppressor is awesome! I love it to bits - it's heavier than the stock TM one, but it's a thing of beauty 😄

I still don't understand why I can't get the pin out on the ASG. On the Tm, it's a doddle to get out...

4 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

The TM's are about 290 / 295 stock. The upgrades make a massive difference!
The suppressor is awesome! I love it to bits - it's heavier than the stock TM one, but it's a thing of beauty 😄

I still don't understand why I can't get the pin out on the ASG. On the Tm, it's a doddle to get out...

Dread to think what the asg might come in at then as stock its supposed to be 330-340 and with the stock asg supressor its been known to exceed 400 without any upgrades.

I only wanted the asg as a reliable silent pistol for when i don't want the aeg whine to give away my position !

Just now, ghostwalker said:

Dread to think what the asg might come in at then as stock its supposed to be 330-340 and with the stock asg supressor its been known to exceed 400 without any upgrades.

I only wanted the asg as a reliable silent pistol for when i don't want the aeg whine to give away my position !

It depends what you do to it.
If you're running the Silverback suppressor, there won't be any FPS increase.
The FPS increase with the ASG occurs because the suppressor isn't a suppressor, it's a barrel extension.
The reason I've got such a big jump is cos I've added a 220mm barrel. I think stock barrel is about 138mm.
So if you stick with a CJ 138 / autobot / tdc / fangplate, then you'll be able to lift heavier BBs, but not necessarily increase the FPS massively.
Check out the MK23 group on FB - there's loads of useful info on there.
Or here:
https://www.onmymk.com/

Just now, sonofsammo said:

It depends what you do to it.
If you're running the Silverback suppressor, there won't be any FPS increase.
The FPS increase with the ASG occurs because the suppressor isn't a suppressor, it's a barrel extension.
The reason I've got such a big jump is cos I've added a 220mm barrel. I think stock barrel is about 138mm.
So if you stick with a CJ 138 / autobot / tdc / fangplate, then you'll be able to lift heavier BBs, but not necessarily increase the FPS massively.
Check out the MK23 group on FB - there's loads of useful info on there.
Or here:
https://www.onmymk.com/

I will check it out and thanks for the tips :)

• Supporters
55 minutes ago, ghostwalker said:

I will check it out and thanks for the tips :)

A team mate did some of the Hadron mod’s to his ASG and it did increase the FPS , around 20 if I remember correctly and took it up too around 435’ish so he stuck a grip pod and a fixed 4X scope on it and used it under the sites sniper rules , AND he did have quite a few kills with it ! 😂😂😂

• Supporters

There is no greater troll in airsoft than the obsenely good pistol.

I made the mistake of trying a longer barrel in the makarov "for science", turns out that was too much evil in too small a package :P

Reminds me I need to take my TM MK23 back to stock at some point (STILL, been saying this for fecking months)

• Supporters

Well lets just say it went into my cardboard safety tube, into the pile of rags at the bottom, bounced back and hit my knuckle with noticable force.

Also the number on the chrono would be obscene for .2's let alone .3's

now thats a printed kit that looks pretty decent. Most I have seen are a fugly eyesore!

I still dont get it, but at least it looks ok!!

2 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

now thats a printed kit that looks pretty decent. Most I have seen are a fugly eyesore!

I still dont get it, but at least it looks ok!!

Function over form - It's a baby sniper!

I can kind of see the appeal to do silly things with my guns. I guess I just dont have the money, time or inclination to do something like that.......   yet... ;)  

• Supporters
1 hour ago, sonofsammo said:

I'm open to suggestions for a different sight- I want something with more eye relief and possibly a wider field of view. Around 4x mag...

You ever used an Elcan ?

4X magnification and lovely wide field of vision .👍

487E2310-4E8C-46D3-B686-802EB4B2E5DF.jpeg

• Supporters
1 hour ago, sonofsammo said:

I think I bought one from @rocketdogbert - but I sold it on cos I couldn't get on with it..... Although it was crystal clear, it was too heavy.

Wimp !

🤣🤣🤣

4 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

I think I bought one from @rocketdogbert - but I sold it on cos I couldn't get on with it..... Although it was crystal clear, it was too heavy.

Different type, we had the multiple lense 1x-4x switchable, @Druid799means the clone of the fixed 4x

• Supporters

It’s a wee bit lighter but does have a much larger field of vision than the spectre I had . 

3 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

It’s a wee bit lighter but does have a much larger field of vision than the spectre I had . 

Now I'm confused. I thought I had a spectre. 

And that one looks like a spectre.....

• Supporters
43 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

Now I'm confused. I thought I had a spectre. 

And that one looks like a spectre.....

In airsoft people tend to refer to those as simply Elcan scopes or m145s.

What we generally call an Elcan spectre looks like this 

elcan2-800x444.jpg which is the Spectre DR

In reality both are called elcan spectres with different model designations

Archived