Finally got round to using the new gun! But....

Polluxtroy69
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just a quick one. I finally got round to using my new (to me it's new but bought second hand) G&G UMP. Absolutely loved it but i think ot was lacking the FPS that I was expecting. It chronod in at 279-289 but was hoping for it to be higher at around 320. Is there anything I can do to increase this? Replacing a spring maybe? Cheers. 

Try cleaning the barrel, and as Ed says could be leaks.  Check for leaks, PTFE tape on the cylinder head and bucking are easy fixes, search the forum and lots of vids on Youtube for checking air leaks and using the tape.

While you are at it, check the bucking.

Cheers

G

• Supporters

I'd agree with the above.  I got a big increase from fitting a tightbore barrel and a teflon-taped Maple Leaf rubber, it actually took my G36 over 350fps.  No sense in splitting the gearbox until you've ruled out everything outside of it first.

After lookng into this and the bucking what is the degree meaning behind the bucking? 

The degree relates to the hardness of the bucking, I would recommend the maple leaf macarone 60’ yellow. Pair this with the maple leaf omega nub a tight bore barrel and she will be shooting lovely. 

As mentioned, wrap the bucking and barrel with ptfe tape when installing. This will improve air seal.

I have also seen somewhere on adding a piece of heat shrink over the air nozzle can improve air seal. I however haven’t tried this yet so can’t recommend the results. 

6 minutes ago, P13 said:

I have also seen somewhere on adding a piece of heat shrink over the air nozzle can improve air seal. I however haven’t tried this yet so can’t recommend the results. 

I'm guessing that is without actually shrinking it?

Would applying heat to a bucking damage/shorten its life?

Cheers

G

This was on the air nozzle from the gearbox, heating it down. I believe the logic is a tighter fit between air nozzle and bucking which would relate in greater air seal over all.

6 hours ago, P13 said:

The degree relates to the hardness of the bucking, I would recommend the maple leaf macarone 60’ yellow. Pair this with the maple leaf omega nub a tight bore barrel and she will be shooting lovely. 

As mentioned, wrap the bucking and barrel with ptfe tape when installing. This will improve air seal.

I've bought the yellow macarone and the omega nub as a set. It already has a tight bore barrel so that saves me forking out for that. Will give it a good clean up and fit it all when it comes and will let you all know how I get on. Cheers. 

Also; could anyone recommend a decent spring? I can go direct to G&G in Taiwan if I need to get the standard replacement but if someone could give me options that would be great. But I womt be replacing that until I have replaced both the bucking and the nub. 

Again. Thanks. 

34 minutes ago, Polluxtroy69 said:

I've bought the yellow macarone and the omega nub as a set. It already has a tight bore barrel so that saves me forking out for that. Will give it a good clean up and fit it all when it comes and will let you all know how I get on. Cheers. 

Also; could anyone recommend a decent spring? I can go direct to G&G in Taiwan if I need to get the standard replacement but if someone could give me options that would be great. But I womt be replacing that until I have replaced both the bucking and the nub. 

Again. Thanks. 

Get some pre injection wipes to clean the barrel, there cheap as chips and do a great job. Really easy to use aswell. 

I tend to stick with @ak2m4 for any AEG parts, great value and great service 

3 hours ago, P13 said:

Get some pre injection wipes to clean the barrel, there cheap as chips and do a great job. Really easy to use aswell. 

I tend to stick with @ak2m4 for any AEG parts, great value and great service 

Will do mate. I'll make sure I give it a good clean while it's apart. 

Thank you. 

Archived