Plate Carrier Joule Creep Airsoft Argument

AshOnSnow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Had an argument with someone over my plate carrier they said that it made the joule creep on their DMR redundant and I shouldn’t have any plates in airsoft because I might not take hits. Thoughts?

• Supporters

well surely the solution is obvious? if his joule creep isn't enough to get hits he just needs to hit you with a 40-mike at 5 feet. problem solved....

• Supporters
19 minutes ago, AshOnSnow said:

Had an argument with someone over my plate carrier they said that it made the joule creep on their DMR redundant and I shouldn’t have any plates in airsoft because I might not take hits. Thoughts?

B5TaqZNIgAA5HvD.jpg

5 hours ago, E21A said:

CCA8E8B7-1789-42A4-8570-249660257E4C.jpeg

Ha! 

4 hours ago, Lozart said:

B5TaqZNIgAA5HvD.jpg

...he says on the forum for an activity where grown men run around a field in army camouflage shooting plastic balls at each other 😂

• Supporters

7B747195-825C-4DF5-807E-283D8AC4DF2A.jpeg

• Head Moderator

airsoft mommy boy.jpg

2 hours ago, Sacarathe said:

This feels like reddit. I thought the new mods had banhammers for this?

Oh lighten up it's only a bit of fun 

• Head Moderator
2 hours ago, Sacarathe said:

This feels like reddit. I thought the new mods had banhammers for this?

Reddit is a cess pit.  Quality memes are the future, and on topic. ;) 

Well ultimately. Stealth is a key part of Airsoft. So if you feel a hit but nobody saw it, you should continue play.

If they come up to you, just shout at them and spray them on full auto for like 20 seconds until they leave you alone. That's why people invented hicaps.

If you don't think they saw it, it doesn't count. Dems the rules, can't be clearer than that.

Luckily I’ve not seen such blatant aggression on the field. The main non hit takers seems to be the groups of teen rental noobs who’ve turned up in their MK5 hoodie and tactical tracksuit combo. And they get picked out by the marshals usually pretty quick.

10 hours ago, Duff said:

Feeling hits vs not taking hits....

Discuss.

Yesterday some guy spat his dummy out because he said that 'I wasn't taking my hits'. He was going mad at me as he claimed to have hit me but I didn't feel it at all. He was stood literally 2m away from me. I had taken him and 3 others out as they tried to rush me. After his claimes I put my hand up and gave him the benefit of the doubt. His own team mate told me to put my hand down as he was hitting the cover I was partly in and not me. The guy still claimed that he hit me and I waited to for a medic while the 4 of them blead out and went back to regen. So I genuinely took a hit I didn't feel. And I didn't feel it because it didn't hit me. 

3 hours ago, Polluxtroy69 said:

Yesterday some guy spat his dummy out because he said that 'I wasn't taking my hits'. He was going mad at me as he claimed to have hit me but I didn't feel it at all. He was stood literally 2m away from me. I had taken him and 3 others out as they tried to rush me. After his claimes I put my hand up and gave him the benefit of the doubt. His own team mate told me to put my hand down as he was hitting the cover I was partly in and not me. The guy still claimed that he hit me and I waited to for a medic while the 4 of them blead out and went back to regen. So I genuinely took a hit I didn't feel. And I didn't feel it because it didn't hit me. 

Only time I knew about a hit I didn’t feel is where a BB skimmed my dump pouch. Kindly someone let me know. 

• Supporters
On 18/07/2018 at 18:55, Polluxtroy69 said:

Situation like that mate next time you see him take the moral highground , 

and hose the shit out of him ! Always been a great believer in ‘the moral highground , best place to put your artillery!’😈

I thought if you were fully cammed up then it was like the predator movies. Only time a hit counts is if you bleed lol.

Saying that. Last gameday the marshals had to ask all snipers to remove their ghillie suit as one of the snipers wasn't taking hits even when shot from well within easy viewing range.

I only remember ever being reminded once about a hit that was called on me and i never knew about. I was running forward and apparently it struck the fabric of my combat trousers as i ran. I can only imagine it must have been the very edge as i never felt a thing. Called the hit and wandered off to respawn.

What i hate are those hits you call that your never 100% sure were even an actual hit. I'm not talking ricochets etc. But those phantom ones that usually turn out to be a bit of twig or something snapping back or breaking off and hitting you. 10 minutes of sneaking about to be taken out by a tree or tactical squirrel.

• Supporters

I'd rather call too many than not enough.

Of course, that all falls apart when you get someone on the other team doing the opposite. At which I would refer you to the "Airsoft Tantrums" thread :)

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, Lozart said:

I'd rather call too many than not enough.

Of course, that all falls apart when you get someone on the other team doing the opposite. At which I would refer you to the "Airsoft Tantrums" thread :)

This is the worst part about when folk start cheating is when it makes you wonder why you're bothering to play honestly.

I did once get told not to call when i took a hit that turned out was bb's dropping straight down after hitting the branches above me, i went to stand up and the marshal was like "its ricochets you dont need to take them"

Was kinda bad because they kept coming and i couldnt tell if it was one of those ricochets or someone genuinely having a pop at me.

3 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

This is the worst part about when folk start cheating is when it makes you wonder why you're bothering to play honestly.

I did once get told not to call when i took a hit that turned out was bb's dropping straight down after hitting the branches above me, i went to stand up and the marshal was like "its ricochets you dont need to take them"

Was kinda bad because they kept coming and i couldnt tell if it was one of those ricochets or someone genuinely having a pop at me.

Yeah ricochets can always be a bit tricky to work out. But when in doubt, call it.

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, AshOnSnow said:

Yeah ricochets can always be a bit tricky to work out. But when in doubt, call it.

Yeah that was the problem as i did call, got told it was ricochets, and then had the fun job of discerning between more of the same ricochets or a legit hit (it was a defensive game and i had a good hidey spot)

Fortunately it didnt take long for an incoming grenade to fix my doubts.

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Yeah that was the problem as i did call, got told it was ricochets, and then had the fun job of discerning between more of the same ricochets or a legit hit (it was a defensive game and i had a good hidey spot)

Fortunately it didnt take long for an incoming grenade to fix my doubts.

Once you call it best to just go regardless, saves confusion.

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Once you call it best to just go regardless, saves confusion.

Yeah, it is my normal strategy, although the marshall told me to stay before i'd even got up (i'm not the quickest player lol)

Archived