Jump to content
Aidan byrne

Displaying RIFs securely

Recommended Posts

I am looking to have my airsoft guns on display on my wall but I have cousins and such who come to stay with the family and I don't want them to be able to be taken off the wall 

 

What my last resort Is, is to buy these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01N6CMGYL/ref=ox_sc_act_image_2?smid=A1967GMUUSCM2H&psc=1

And drill holes in it to allow me to fit a cable padlock, such as:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oria-Combination-Padlocks-Suitcases-Cabinets/dp/B071K7Y51L/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1531702135&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=cable+padlock

but that would be annoying and may not even work. I'm wondering if anyone knew of anything that would work instead. Cost isn't a problem but I want them to be seperate and not all in a single rack or something.

 

I need to be able to display:

-novristch ssg24 with scope

-ics l85a2 with susat

-tokyo marui desert eagle

 

Thanks in advance, aidan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Use hot glue, a lot of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you not make clamps like used on pipes with a hole on each side for a padlock. Or lockable latches like on gun cases. Small clamp round barrel and larger round stock. You can get pipe clamps with latches which might work. 

 

Try this Or this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be clear, you aren't just going to simply put them out of sight when the younglings are around?  You know, a really cool uncle would let them pew-pew them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you ever go in a gun shop you will see they often have guns on display that are secured with a wall mounted trigger lock.

I've seen this type used in a few different shops. It covers the full trigger, Locks, and more importantly it keeps the guns secure without damaging them.

Expensive, but if this is a long term investment it might be worth doing. These don't class as a gun safe so if you plan on displaying live firearms it might invalidate your licence. For airsoft and replicas they should be fine.

https://www.ant-supplies.uk/ammo-accessories/nor-lyx-gun-display-locks.html

http://www.uttings.co.uk/p113492-nor-lyx-single-gun-lock-sec-01-04/#.W0xn-sLTVes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Aidan byrne said:

Not an option unfortunately

 

Are they really tall then? 😂

 

Lock on on the door of the room they are in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Use metal racking and connect it up to a electrical current. After the first shock they will learn not to touch!

 

Lock the door, or just put them away on the odd occasion? Unless you live in a shop showroom it cant be that difficult to remove them I mean how often to people stay over?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about cable ties? If they aren't coming round that frequently it should be enough to deter younger children.

 

Should be cheap.

 

Cheers


G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the glass fronted cabinet looks fantastic. Traditional varnished wood for oldies like shotguns and wood stock bolties. Black plastic and metal caging for modern guns like M4s and G36s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s touched on in the thread below about the legal obligation to secure low powered air weapons if under 18s have access to the property

 

 

 

 

You would be complying if you just bagged them and locked the bag or put in a locked room or cupboard.

 

Thr options shown already would work, but another possibility is a laptop security cable

 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kensington-Style-Laptop-Security-Cable/dp/B002UUY7PM

 

It would mean you need an oval socket in something to fit the lock

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, E21A said:

 

Are they really tall then? 😂

 

Lock on on the door of the room they are in?

It would just tempt them to climb up some shelves to get to them so need to be secured

4 hours ago, Iceni said:

If you ever go in a gun shop you will see they often have guns on display that are secured with a wall mounted trigger lock.

I've seen this type used in a few different shops. It covers the full trigger, Locks, and more importantly it keeps the guns secure without damaging them.

Expensive, but if this is a long term investment it might be worth doing. These don't class as a gun safe so if you plan on displaying live firearms it might invalidate your licence. For airsoft and replicas they should be fine.

https://www.ant-supplies.uk/ammo-accessories/nor-lyx-gun-display-locks.html

http://www.uttings.co.uk/p113492-nor-lyx-single-gun-lock-sec-01-04/#.W0xn-sLTVes

Thanks that would be perfect, would be nice if they were cheaper but I suppose that it's better to get good quality that'll last me a lifetime than crappy ones which'll break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Aidan byrne said:

Thanks that would be perfect, would be nice if they were cheaper but I suppose that it's better to get good quality that'll last me a lifetime than crappy ones which'll break.

Those ones should last a lifetime, If there good enough for a shop and display purposes then they should be good in the home as well.

It would be nice if they were cheaper, but I think the company that sells them has some sort of Thacham style approval in the gun world. It is the only product that is approved for trade fairs and public areas according to the sales gumph. And I  think that is what you are actually paying for. In short if they did prize the guns away from the wall and hurt each other the police would see that you had made every effort to make your personal display safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Iceni said:

Those ones should last a lifetime, If there good enough for a shop and display purposes then they should be good in the home as well.

It would be nice if they were cheaper, but I think the company that sells them has some sort of Thacham style approval in the gun world. It is the only product that is approved for trade fairs and public areas according to the sales gumph. And I  think that is what you are actually paying for. In short if they did prize the guns away from the wall and hurt each other the police would see that you had made every effort to make your personal display safe.

Just a quick question, will this be able to store the 3 wins i asked in the question, I don't want to get it and see it's too big for the tm deagle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It should do the sniper easily.

The L85 might need a rear support since the trigger is so far forwards. Again it's not a hard part to find just a bycicle hanging hook for the stock should do.

Something like this so you can hang your helmet with the gun might look good.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/smith-locke-square-base-hat-coat-hook-satin-nickel-70mm/6717p

The Desert Eagle would be the one that is an unknown. It might be worth picking up 2 kits, then testing the piston in one to see if it works. Then if it does and it looks good you can buy a third. Pistols in gun shops tend to be air guns in the UK so we don't see them individually locked on display, A glass cabinet meets the rules for sales.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×