Travelling through Europe

Kastrioti
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, I'm travelling to Italy by car in a week's time, but have only just made the decision that I wanna take my SRS with me. I know about FPS laws in the countries I'll be travelling through, so that's not an issue, but I'm a bit concerned about the Eurotunnel/Le Shuttle rules for transporting airsoft guns, and about travelling through Switzerland. I'll be contacting the company tomorrow, but if anyone has any experience travelling to france using Le Shuttle that would be helpful. 

As for Switzerland, I've read:"The importation of airsoft firearms is restricted to companies and individuals who hold weapons import licences. Private individuals can apply for a permit to import up to three firearms which is valid for six months." But I'm not sure if travelling through Switzerland counts as importation. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

7 minutes ago, Kastrioti said:

Hi all, I'm travelling to Italy by car in a week's time, but have only just made the decision that I wanna take my SRS with me. I know about FPS laws in the countries I'll be travelling through, so that's not an issue, but I'm a bit concerned about the Eurotunnel/Le Shuttle rules for transporting airsoft guns, and about travelling through Switzerland. I'll be contacting the company tomorrow, but if anyone has any experience travelling to france using Le Shuttle that would be helpful. 

As for Switzerland, I've read:"The importation of airsoft firearms is restricted to companies and individuals who hold weapons import licences. Private individuals can apply for a permit to import up to three firearms which is valid for six months." But I'm not sure if travelling through Switzerland counts as importation. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Traveling through includes importation - you subsequently export,  but in the (unlikely) event you’re stopped along the way then you can be in trouble for carrying something you’re not meant to

Archived