Packs in game?

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Do any of you use a pack in game?

I'm finding that at the very least,I need to take a bag for gas/ Bbs when we're a long way from the safe zone.

If you use a pack, how does it sit with a plate carrier?

Any suggestions for decent small packs ? (Under 30l)...

A Flyye Go-Bag would be my pick. Pretty comfy, holds tonnes and available in lots of patterns/block colours. 

• Supporters

Personally I don't like taking an extra bag out with me, I did try it for a bit and found it a pain

If you're wearing a plate carrier just get a hydration carrier for the back panel if you haven't already got one, that will fit a couple of cans of gas/bottles of BBs or one of each easily and much lower profile than an actual bag or something.

For BBs you're better off keeping them in a bag to reduce the rattle then keeping them in a utility pouch I find, I've got a warrrior assault system medic pouch for BBs that is velcro backed so I can stake it off to use- pretty handy for that job. If you do this then you can still fit a water bladder and a can of gas in a hydration carrier

• Head Moderator

I use a cloth bag for carrying extra BBs, two if I am using different weights of BB, and have found them very useful.  They fit into ammo or utility pouches, or cargo / jacket pockets depending on what I am wearing.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Airsoft-Ammo-BB-Bags-/182896065884

BB bag.jpg

1 hour ago, M_P said:

Personally I don't like taking an extra bag out with me, I did try it for a bit and found it a pain

If you're wearing a plate carrier just get a hydration carrier for the back panel if you haven't already got one, that will fit a couple of cans of gas/bottles of BBs or one of each easily and much lower profile than an actual bag or something.

For BBs you're better off keeping them in a bag to reduce the rattle then keeping them in a utility pouch I find, I've got a warrrior assault system medic pouch for BBs that is velcro backed so I can stake it off to use- pretty handy for that job. If you do this then you can still fit a water bladder and a can of gas in a hydration carrier

I wondered about this - but then I thought - if it's attached to my back panel, how do I get to it?

• Supporters

You either take your rig off (and personally I prioritise ease of doffing when buying PCs and highly recommend that approach to anyone) or you just use a small backpack and wear it in the normal fashion with the straps.  Or you have a forgiving mate who'll get stuff for you all the time... or you ask random people by not being able to sort your own life out and having to get them to get your stuff.

The only pack I've owned/seen that goes on a PC and can really easily be accessed by the wearer without removing said PC is the FirstSpear VEP but that's mega bucks and I don't know of a clone.  I think the best bet is to buy something like the Haley Flatpack and wear it with the shoulder straps so you can get your stuff if you really need to carry large bottles of gas/bbs with you.

Even better maybe try and shoot a tad less, by an Airsoft Innovations gas can and a bag of BBs as above and put them in a large GP pocket on the side of your rig so you can get at it.  Many ways to skin a cat.

2 hours ago, Jedi_Master said:

I use a cloth bag for carrying extra BBs, two if I am using different weights of BB, and have found them very useful.  They fit into ammo or utility pouches, or cargo / jacket pockets depending on what I am wearing.

BB bag.jpg

I saw a video of how to make them, even got as far as getting a spare helmet cover for the material, but not got round to it.

Until I settle on a specific weight of BB, I'm carrying them in small zip lock bags.

Cheers

G

My assault panel has a lower compartment that I can reach blindly. I keep snacks in it. It also has 3 smaller grenade like mag pouches further up that team mates are welcome to stuff with £20 notes!

I ran a bag on the back of my PC once and took it off as soon as I got home. It was a pain to get to every time I needed anything from it so now I have a couple of pouches around my rig with various things I need in them. Under the right arm I have any tools I may need in the field, I'm generally alright but better to have it and not need it than have to trek a mile or so back to the safe zone any time I need anything. I also keep a mag sized speed loader in there in case I need a top up and a few spare CO2 capsules. On the back of my belt I have a WAS Velcro double mag pouch which I use for any pyro or smokes I might be carrying. That does me for a half day skirmish as I can refill at lunch. I may add a belly pouch to my PC at some point but frankly I don't know what id put in it currently. Spreading it around like this means I always know what's where and it's always to hand and spreads The weight around. 

20180703_142710.jpg

• Supporters

I've tried in the past, but its just easier to return to safe zone for the sites i play.

Odin speedloader and a regular backup are all i'd take with me, things like pistol mags or grenades get loaded in the safe zone so no need for gas.

Only have a camelbak on one rig for the m4, although mostly i dont drink in the field (again due to sites with easy safe zone access)

I think i got over the whole taking a bag deal a while ago when the site owner lifted my bag to stop it getting nicked (ironically leading me to think thats exactly what happened). Now i only carry it if i know it'll get used on the field.

I like to occasionally carry one;  Viper Panther Day Pack 17.5ltr

Compact but big enough for a days gaming; snacks, ammo, gas, etc...

Not a brand I'd normally buy but the pack is very good.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

I wondered about this - but then I thought - if it's attached to my back panel, how do I get to it?

Just take it off, you're not going to be regassing in the middle of a shootout so when you get a moment just take off the plate carrier.

Most carriers I've used I can get in and out of in 10 seconds so it's not much of a hassle

Unfortunately the shoot less isn't really an option - in 5 magazines, I carry 160 useable rounds. Which for a lot of games is nowhere near enough.
I've played before and had to hide whilst being shot at so I can re-gas and replenish ammo.
Unfortunately the MWS is a thirsty beast when it comes to gas (without the green gas mod to the mags), hence why I want to carry some with me.
As far as carrying gas goes - I got hold of one of these:
https://www.defconairsoft.co.uk/product/dummy-grenade-green-gas-holder/

But it was cack 😞
Wouldn't hold gas. Could probably be fixed, but I have no idea how.
I think a sling bag / go bag might be the way forward - although I don't fancy spending 80£ on the Flyyne one!

• Supporters

The majority of the gas-holding fake grenades on the market are shite, that's why I mentioned the AI one above, it's well proven.  Though if you insist on taking a GBBr to games where you're shooting a lot (i.e outdoor vs a CQB site) and also far away from the safe zone, I'd imagine you might need at least 2.  There is no cheap way around this issue given the constraints you're enforcing upon yourself.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, CKinnerley said:

The majority of the gas-holding fake grenades on the market are shite, that's why I mentioned the AI one above, it's well proven.  Though if you insist on taking a GBBr to games where you're shooting a lot (i.e outdoor vs a CQB site) and also far away from the safe zone, I'd imagine you might need at least 2.  There is no cheap way around this issue given the constraints you're enforcing upon yourself.

amen brother, this is why if i'm going to bother going GBB it'll be dmr, so the lesser mag capacity doesn't matter so much

• Moderators
On 14/07/2018 at 17:58, Jedi_Master said:

do the bb's rattle as much, like if in a bottle as i quite like that idea, for carrying them also allows fitting better as well as not a 'bottle' you have shoved in a pocket :)

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, djben9 said:

do the bb's rattle as much, like if in a bottle as i quite like that idea, for carrying them also allows fitting better as well as not a 'bottle' you have shoved in a pocket :)

If I may, for me, they're excellent, barely a sound whether they're full to the top or nearly empty, & great fit in my cargo pockets.

• Moderators

thanks tackle, i'll invest in one i think as carrying bottle is kinda annoying! :)

• Supporters
51 minutes ago, djben9 said:

thanks tackle, i'll invest in one i think as carrying bottle is kinda annoying! :)

Yeah definitely worth getting a couple, means they'll fit in all sort of pouches the too.

https://www.uktactical.com/p-6390-warrior-personal-medic-rip-off-multicam.aspx

I  like these style of pouches on my plate carriers, perfect for a BBs and stuff you might need and just velcros off as and when you need it

• Supporters
7 hours ago, djben9 said:

Don’t buy them mate as long as you’ve access to a sewing machine (or someone with one 😉) there a doddle to make . All you need is material (obviously !) and a fizzy pop bottle  , but not a water bottle there too thin . Cut the neck of the bottle where it just starts too flair out , then poke a hole through the center of the lid , length of cord with a knot at one end , next get the material turn it inside out mark then sew the bag shape but leave a hole at the top just about the size of the bottle neck , as your getting too the top make sure you remember to put the top and most of the cord inside with a small ‘tail’ sticking out of the seam line .

turn it inside out again squeeze the bottle neck in to the hole then I always put a couple of liberal beads of super glue around it as well . And Robert is your mothers brother !

ive made loads in all different sizes , from ones that’ll hold 6000+ That I keep in the safezone down to sniper ammo ones that just about hold 200 👍

Tried it once on a day we were doing long games and I was running a GBBR and wanted to take a bottle of propane with me and more ammo as it's quite a trek back to the safe zone.

Total pain in the ass, just got in the way and trying to get it on and off all the time quickly got old.

I think packs are really only for Milsims, or perhaps if you run an HPA.

• Head Moderator
28 minutes ago, AshOnSnow said:

I think packs are really only for Muslims, or perhaps if you run an HPA.

They might be for Milsims too ;)

• Supporters

Lol @ autocorrect there @AshOnSnow!

if you’re after a simple bag to take out then any rucksack or shoulder bag will work to be left at the respawn.

if you’re looking for something to carry with you, for a skirmish I really can’t recommend any kind of bag. Just use a big pouch and a bag of BBs. 

Archived