Airsoft Forums UK

Hydration Pack advice

Chris_B
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Currently looking for a hydration pack to fit with my chest rig.

Currently rocking the warrior assault systems 901 Elite chest rig, [Picture 1]

https://www.uktactical.com/p-10656-warrior-901-g36-a-tacs-fg.aspx

I want a hydration pack that could possibly adapt to this... Can't go for the Molle system as this doesn't have a rear panel, Just a bare back shoulder strap.

I can purchase the Molle back panel, [Picture 2]

https://www.uktactical.com/p-8457-warrior-back-panel-a-tacs-fg.aspx

unclip the bare back shoulder straps, and clip new one on, but at £75, it's a bit OTT just for a Molle back panel.

So it's either something that can clip onto the current straps I have, or a back pack type camel back.

Was after a Forrest green/ multi-cam look.

Any recommendations much appreciated in advance,

Thanks for reading 😀

10656_4.jpg

8457.jpg

• Supporters

Chris, have a look at the condor hydro harness, I run one with my warrior dar rig, nice & lo-profile, just had to rethread the warrior buckles off the back straps, 10 min job.

Od/black etc are around £33, the mc ones are £45-£50.

Thanks Tackle👍 just what I was after.

Does it come with the bladder?

Chris.

• Supporters

To be honest mate I can't remember ?, bought mine few years ago.

I need to find a good bladder, been looking at the ones on taiwan gun... but am sure at the price the quality can’t be great 

4 minutes ago, P13 said:

I need to find a good bladder, been looking at the ones on taiwan gun... but am sure at the price the quality can’t be great 

Got my 1L off TaiwanGun for less than a fiver and was told by forum members that it would taste of plastic... and it does, a bit. But only if you put water in it, I find the gin hides the plastic-ness flavour quite well. :D

Get a bladder that opens from the top.  The ones with a screw on cap are harder to keep clean and to dry once you wash it.

If you do, when getting the backpack, it means you won't need one with a cutout for the screw on cap either.

I just got a DPM one, so link won't be of use to you.

This might be good, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Marauder-MTP-PLCE-Hydration-Pouch-Pack-Army-Multicam-3-Litre-Water-Capacity/262434824438?hash=item3d1a55a0f6:g:Aj0AAOSw9NdXtv2t

Cheers

G

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Duff said:

Got my 1L off TaiwanGun for less than a fiver and was told by forum members that it would taste of plastic... and it does, a bit. But only if you put water in it, I find the gin hides the plastic-ness flavour quite well. :D

I always run weak Hi-Juice squash in mine for the same reason, hate the plastic taste 😋

I heard you just rinse/wash with vinegar/baking soda combo every now and then and it'll stop you getting the sale water/plastic taste.

Haven't actually got one yet but read it on some airsoft forum a while back. Not sure if it's true but FWIW you can't go wrong giving it a go right?

On 14/07/2018 at 15:46, Chris_B said:

Thanks Tackle👍 just what I was after.

Does it come with the bladder?

Chris.

Nope...I have a Condor Hydro rig.  Bladders are very quite cheap though from ebay/amazon. :)

Edit** I do wash mine out with Bi-carbonate of soda & a few drops of lemon juice..stuff some kitchen towel inside then hang it to let it dry....no bad tasting or slimy water.  ;)

Archived