G&G CM16 R8-l possible upgrades

Solly4568
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ok, so I have had my CM16 R8-l for a few months now and I would like to start to upgrade it. I have been looking around the internet and their is so little referring to the upgrades of this gun and the few gides there are seem to be done by 10 year olds taking the upper receiver off 😂. So does anyone have any suggestions for upgrades that are preferabley cheap but if it is something major that would greatly improve the gun I would not mind splashing out a bit. Please hit me up with ANY suggestions

Many Thanks

Solly 

I would like it to have a bit more range and I might upgrade the motor as I have been told that mainly single shot is bad for the gun (I don’t like spray and pray)but that could be nonsense 

thanks

Cheapest upgrade is probably the bucking, Maple Leaf or Prommy Purple.

That will give you the most benefit for a little money.

I've never heard that single shot will damage the motor.  Usually the advice is leave the gearbox/motor alone until something breaks, gearlbox is one of the hardest upgrades.  If you get the wrong motor it can wear out the gears faster.

Cheers

G

Thanks for the advice. What are your views on upgrading the trigger unit I have seen reports that it is both really easy and hard as hell or should it be another thing that should be left well alone 

Cheers

• Mostly Retired Moderators

If we're upgrading on a budget @ak2m4 is almost a one-stop-shop:

ZCI Tightbore Barrel

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/inner-barrels

ZCI Prowin copy

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/hopups-rubbers/zci-prowin-style-cnc-hopup-chamber-aluminium-m4

Maple leaf 50 degree rubber (though I'd prefer to recommend a Prometheus purple)

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/hopups-rubbers/maple-leaf-macaron-50-aeg

SHS/RA High torque motor

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/motors-parts/ra-high-torque-motor-long

These alone will transform your gun.

I'd be tempted to say keep the G&G rubber for the time being. They're good. But also try the new rubbers in the hop up without flat hopping them first. You might be happy with the upgrade without having to get scalpels out.

• Supporters

^^^^ THIS IS GOOD ADVICE ^^^^

Leave trigger switch alone

ETU option is crap imho

what batteries are you using, how old is it

what motor is in there the std grey 18k or blue powerful 25k

you could tweak the gun up to 18~20 rps

then you get better cycling and less chance of the trigger's dead zone

(releasing trigger too early at say 12~13rps and Cut Off Lever is up and trigger locked)

But really - if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it on the gearbox/trigger stuff

look into hop/bucking/barrel for better results

but wait until stuff needs it internally is my advice

I am using a 7.4 lips that is a few weeks old (I managed to lose my last one)

thanks I was already thinking about a tight bore but could not find one and thanks to every one who has offered help it is much appreciate 

• Supporters

Get a zci barrel, maple bucking and another hop unit

slap the stuff together, if you screw up or tear the bucking in the process

you still got old stock unit to use in meantime

Once you have experimented and gained some experience messing with hops/barrels

you may find the old hop, maple/G&G (if not torn) & zci combo could work out very well

but in case you f*ck it up, buy the 3 new bits and mess about

if owt goes pear shape you got old unit to fall back and still play peew peew with

Thanks that is a great idea

Ok one last question.  I can’t find any inner barrels that are the same length as my current one (357mm) so would it be possible to put a 363mm one in  as I have a flash hide and I could easly get a short silencer or would I have to cut it down or would that ruin the barrel

Thank you so much for your help

1 hour ago, Sitting Duck said:

Get a zci barrel, maple bucking and another hop unit

slap the stuff together, if you screw up or tear the bucking in the process

you still got old stock unit to use in meantime

Once you have experimented and gained some experience messing with hops/barrels

you may find the old hop, maple/G&G (if not torn) & zci combo could work out very well

but in case you f*ck it up, buy the 3 new bits and mess about

if owt goes pear shape you got old unit to fall back and still play peew peew with

/\ /\ /\ 

This is solid advice, and what I shall be doing when I find some money burning a hole in my pocket. Currently I’m happy with the range and accuracy of my wild hog. 

1 hour ago, Solly4568 said:

Thanks that is a great idea

Ok one last question.  I can’t find any inner barrels that are the same length as my current one (357mm) so would it be possible to put a 363mm one in  as I have a flash hide and I could easly get a short silencer or would I have to cut it down or would that ruin the barrel

Thank you so much for your help

6mm isn't that much, does the old inner barrel go right to the end of the outer barrel?  You might find the 363 fits fine.

If not a suppressor could hide it.  If you are getting a suppressor you could even go longer with the TBB like I just did.

Cheers

G

Archived