Bolt vs TM vs Nuprol SOPMODs

Jimbodini42
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi

Returning from the wilderness after 15years and been doing a lot of research as to my AEG purchase. 

Definatley looking at a SOPMOD after having MP5s and an L96 previously. 

Has anyone owned/used each of these before? 

The bolt and TM seem very similar and are obviously both EBB but the Bolt is approx £100 cheaper - what are people’s opinions on where that money stretches to? Also seen reports varying in terms of FPS out of box for Bolt can anyone shine a light on this? 

The price isn’t main drawback for me with TM it’s the fact I’d then want to pay for new internals to boost its FPS to nearer 350. 

The Nuprol is a great price but the lure of EBB is putting me off it as it seems less fun without it. Do you think EBB is worth the extra money or can anyone advise against EBB? I like that Nuprol is high FPS out of box and also like the mid caps they offer too. Is the Nuprol build quality a million miles away from TM? 

Thanks in advance 

P.S I know I’ve posted similarly about this but looking for other views and I’ve nailed it down to these 3 specifically now at least. 

TM over them all it will have  better out the box performance than either of the other two guns. Ebb is a complete waste of time and just puts extra stain on the gearbox. I have no personal experience with Bolt but heard a lot of reliability issues stories. FPS has very little to do with range. Buy a TM don't touch it other than maybe a new hope rubber. Don't touch the gearbox until it brakes which will be a long time a way if you look after it. 

Dude, as above, lower fps doesn't mean range is compromised. I would bet my mortgage that a TM rif would out range and out last a Bolt or Nuprol equivalent. They are recognised as the best for a reason. 

• Head Moderator

TM. As advised above, do not mess with the internals except wire it for Deans and use LiPo batteries.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Don't buy a bolt, you'll regret it.

They shake themselves to death as the cheap innards can't handle the stress of the recoil.

Don't buy a Nuprol. 

Though you may enjoy the review thread here:

Out of your list, get the TM. The build quality and performance is miles above either.

And for the love of all that is holy in the name of the BB ghost... Stop getting so caught up on FPS. It's not the be-all and end-all.

The Marui certainly lacks FPS compared to the others, but the range and the accuracy will totally demolish both the Bolt and the Nuprol.

Do buy a Nuprol sopmod if you want to look like Stryker from Alpha Wolves Tactical

Gets better upon repeat viewings!

• Supporters

And yet another for TM , low FPS but ridiculous range , if the target say they didn’t know you hit them as it’s low FPS I’d call bullshit on that they ether felt or heard it strike just because it didn’t sting they ‘pretend’ it didnt hit !

Plus 1 on the change to deans and run LiPo all day long .

haven’t owned but have used a Bolt , my impression? Meh ! Not impressed , haven’t used or seen the Nuprol so no comment there 👍

I've had a Nuprol SOPMOD for almost a year and it's a tank...never failed me and i've even flat hopped it and upgraded the spring, the mechbox is well built..imho and have had it in bits several times.  Yes it's no TM and to be honest I would prefer the TM over the Nuprol..but it's only £215 for the Nuprol and is now my backup gun. (Plus I can fit my S&TM320 launcher on the rail)  I do want to say it's also my 'learning & development & fycking about with' gun...as I dive deeper into the murky world of tech. lol

I was planning on going for a TM, but decided on the ICS MARS instead....  I am going to get a TM, but it's the SCAR I want.

I own a TM HK45 Tactical and the build quality is astonishing...compared to other brands of pistols I've tried at fields, you know you've got something special when you own some Samurai Godlyness..  :)

Thank you gentlemen. 

Thank you also on advice regarding FPS and the video links.  

Ive just booked on an Open day on 12th August which will be first of the 3 visits I need for the licence - means at least I’ve got two pay days to put money aside for the TM! 

It’s annoying that you also have to buy the plate for attaching sling! Does the TM have a counter-clockwise standard size thread for silencer? 

6 hours ago, BigStew said:

TM over them all it will have  better out the box performance than either of the other two guns. Ebb is a complete waste of time and just puts extra stain on the gearbox. I have no personal experience with Bolt but heard a lot of reliability issues stories. FPS has very little to do with range. Buy a TM don't touch it other than maybe a new hope rubber. Don't touch the gearbox until it brakes which will be a long time a way if you look after it. 

Do the rest of view concur that EBB is waste of time? I had read that some people effectively turn it off and make it stick. 

I’m not by any means not believing big stew - just seeing if consensus is the same!

Thanks again,

Ebb is naff.

The overall effect of EBB is really disappointing.

My friend has a G&G toptech M4 with it and if he hadn't mentioned it, I wouldn't have realised. You felt more kick off the motor turning in the grip!

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Ebb is naff.

The overall effect of EBB is really disappointing.

My friend has a G&G toptech M4 with it and if he hadn't mentioned it, I wouldn't have realised. You felt more kick off the motor turning in the grip!

That's not the same kind of EBB, TM recoil guns have a big weight in the buffer tube/gearbox that's on a spring.  The 'recoil' isn't really significant, but it definitely makes a difference. 

The TM is by far the better gun. That being said, electric blowback is a bit pointless as said. Not only is it weak, it’s backwards. The ‘recoil’ goes forward instead of back. 

34 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

That's not the same kind of EBB, TM recoil guns have a big weight in the buffer tube/gearbox that's on a spring.  The 'recoil' isn't really significant, but it definitely makes a difference. 

Yeah, I know :)

I was concurring with BigStew about the EBB you get in cheaper guns being naff.

I miss my tm H Scar kick wasn't massive but felt it. Ebb is co pletely different to the tm system. Best recoil is GBBR but then so many other issues. 

• 1 year later...

I have used both TM and Bolt B47 next generation . For me with the recoil and blowback Bolt wins it kicks harder than the TM.I keep my Bolt since 2014, was bought in America. Till now not been broken still very accurate and the fps still good,never touch or change anything even the hop......

I have both Tm and bolt, 

bolt has more powerful recoil system and with a flat hop and 290 FPS  fitted it shoots as far as a stock Tm.

doesnt need shims to make the upper and lower fit like a Tm so build quality is actually better (I know, Heresy!!!)

the bolt does run on standard aeg spring and is not attached to the piston

only downside is it doesn’t have the super chunky gears that is the plus of the TM

you don’t get the empty nag function or the Tm but the trade off you run standard aeg mags

i like both and they both have plus and minus points. 
you will retain more value in the Tm if you resell but you pay a lot more for it in the first place 

My model bolt is a later model. (The early models were not great).

longwinded but the newer bolts are a bit more than an aeg for the ebb and a bit less than the Tm for the last round mag detection.

Tm hop units are well made and they glue the rubber in to improve the air seal but there’s no magic in the hop unit and my evo shoots just as far on the equivalent FPS

Archived