TM Glock 18 - Problems, please help

apexpredator
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Everyone,

Having some problems with my G18 that I hope you good folk can help me with.

Gun was previously working fine and I recently stripped the gun down to clean it. Put it all back together and went to test fire. When I cocked the slide back to load the first round, the BB came rolling out the end of the barrel, I knew I had cleared the gun before taking it apart but thought nothing of it. Went to fire the first round and the side cycles back  just fine but again the BB comes rolling out the end of the barrel. Here are some of the troubleshooting that I have done so far:

• Disassembled the gun and applied silicone oil to the blowback housing unit
  • Took the hop up unit apart to check for blockages and put back together
  • Tried several different mags

Frustrating beyond belief but hoping someone on here has had a similar issue and identified the problem. Thanks

Hi @rocketdogbert

No double feeding issues, just a single bb rolling out when the gun cycles.

When I first load the magazine into the pistol and rack the slide to chamber a round, that particular bb comes rolling out the end of the barrel as well as each subsequent shot.

And thanks for coming to the rescue (hopefully), the issue is driving me mad!

• Moderators

sorry slight hijack here
@Markuz is this similar to the issue you were having Saturday with your G18 or was it just gas in the mag leaking in the end?

@rocketdogbert - BB's rolling out the barrel with the hop up all the way off,. Progressively turning the hop up wheel and it takes at least 50% of the travel before the BB will rest at the end of the barrel. Should i consider picking up another hop up bucking?

Yes, new bucking is deffo a start, can you borrow a known working barrel & hop set, and see if that completely solves the issue?

On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 16:14, djben9 said:

sorry slight hijack here
@Markuz is this similar to the issue you were having Saturday with your G18 or was it just gas in the mag leaking in the end?

Sounds exactly like what happened to my glock.  Try checking the following....

When the slide is off look at the inner barrel. It simply rests against another part in the middle of the gun. Sorry I don't know the terminology. Anyway, I noticed mine was angled down slightly. So I made sure it was horizontal when I put the slide back on. 

Hey presto it worked. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, thanks for all the recommendations and trouble shooting tips. 

The issue so far as I can see is to do with the hop bucking. As Rocketdogbert suggested, the problem goes away after about 50% hop applied. I may have got some iso onto the rubber when cleaning the barrel. In my attempts to find a replacement, I may have inadvertently bought another pistol (this hobby will be the end of my marriage if she ever finds out!)

thanks for for all the help again, these forums really are a great resource for newcomers like me.

Ha ha, I did exactly the same with my misses G17, didn’t even bother looking at it, just bought her a new one. Turns out it was a really simple fix (lose sight screw lol)

What did you replace the G18 with?

12 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Ha ha, I did exactly the same with my misses G17, didn’t even bother looking at it, just bought her a new one. Turns out it was a really simple fix (lose sight screw lol)

What did you replace the G18 with?

I sold it to myself as a compliment to the arsenal, rather than a replacement! 😁 I went with the EMG SAI Blu. Essentially a tarted up WE G17, made by Armorer Works. From what I have read, it uses the larger diameter loading nozzle design from AW (or NEW WE) and has a proprietary BBU. Apart from that, should be cross compatible. What really stoked my interest was the dual power capability, I had been toying with the idea of getting a CO2 pistol for a while so now I can scratch that itch and switch back to GG with a mag change.

Archived