"6mm Ammo" supplies any good?

EDcase
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My local site has a temporary ban on Blasters. Over the past few game days they have found them to be shattering and a few guys who wear mesh have had the splinters in there eyes. More who wear lower mesh masks have had a mouth full of shattered bb's. 

The site shop has sold blasters for ages, so they reckon it is just a bad batch. 

It's mentioned at the morning briefing and people are asked not to use them. They only time I have seen/heard of bb's being confiscated is when a group of teenagers turned up with tow-tone's and bottles of bright yellow generic looking 0.12g bb's...  They got them back at the end of the day though.

I've not used 6mm ammo either, but their prices do look pretty good. I may try them out at some point. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Mostly Retired Moderators

Hey guys!

In case you were sitting on the fence about trying 6mm ammo I got in touch and asked him if he'd be kind enough to make us our own little discount code.

He very kindly has:

Hey Lewis, thanks for getting in touch!

I'm glad to hear that 6mm Ammo has appeared on your radar and you like our BBs!

Since you asked so nicely I'll happily give you a discount code that you can distribute on the forum. I can create a code (let's call it airsoft-forums) and that will give you 10% off all products. Apply the code at checkout and remember that it's case-sensitive!

Thank you and regards,

Max

Director, 6mm Ammo Ltd

At least it's a bit cheaper to try them out and make your own opinion of them now.

If you're reading this Mr. 6mm Ammo - please feel free to join the forum and make a thread in the "Places to buy" section. :)

That's very cool of him!

Thanks for the heads-up L3wisD.

A bit worrying about the Blasters since they're probably the most popular?

I'm very interested to hear the results of Gasman's tests...

I gave him some 0.25g 6AMMO to check.

I shoot mainly blasters, when I try guns at home I'm shooting at a distance of about 8.5 metres. 

I'm shooting at a plastic milk bottle in the bathroom.  When BBs hit the tiles most don't break, and those that do tend to break into large pieces rather than shatter into small bits.

It might be an issue with specific batches/weights.

I'm using .25s.

Cheers

G

On 23/07/2018 at 19:06, L3wisD said:

If you're reading this Mr. 6mm Ammo - please feel free to join the forum and make a thread in the "Places to buy" section. :)

Hey Lewis,

I've made an account :)

Thanks for mentioning 6mm Ammo - we've already received a few orders using the discount code! Please let me know what you guys think of the BBs :)

• Mostly Retired Moderators
12 minutes ago, 6mmAmmoQuartermaster said:

Hey Lewis,

I've made an account :)

Thanks for mentioning 6mm Ammo - we've already received a few orders using the discount code! Please let me know what you guys think of the BBs :)

Welcome aboard!

Glad you've had some orders out of it! :)

I'll be doing an order myself in a week or two.

If you make a thread over here:

https://airsoft-forums.uk/forum/10-places-to-buy/

The guys can give you feedback on your BBs and hopefully encourage others to order from you as well.

Cheers!

-Lewis

28 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

If you make a thread over here:

https://airsoft-forums.uk/forum/10-places-to-buy/

Thanks, I'll do that!

- Max

39 minutes ago, Duff said:

Hi buddy and welcome.

Testing has been done on some of your range alongside a bunch of other mainstream brands. Hope you find this helpful.

image.png

Credit to @gasman for coallating data and @MisterG for loading the data into something readable.

Hey @Duff, thanks for the welcome, and for sharing this data. That is very interesting. This is the first time we've had any reports of shattering. Can you provide a bit more information about the test conditions?

Well with the NAE coming up in a few weeks, and wanting to try some .28s over my regular .25s, now seems a good a time as any to try 6mm ammo out. Will see how they compare to my regular ASG Blaster Devils. Theyre pretty much the same price via amazon (local store sells the Blasters at a ripoff price of £14 for a bottle of 3k compared to about £7 on amazon!). 

What Id really like to see is heavier sniper weights being made at a reasonable price. Paying £15 for a 1k pot of .4s makes my eyes water, even if it does last a while.

58 minutes ago, Tiercel said:

Id really like to see is heavier sniper weights being made at a reasonable price.

At the moment the heaviest BBs we offer are 0.36g. They are biodegradable, black, and come in bags of 2000. Each bag is £11.45 (2nd class postage included).

https://www.6mmammo.co.uk/product-page/6mm-ammo-0-36g-biodegradable-2000-bbs-black

• Supporters
3 hours ago, 6mmAmmoQuartermaster said:

At the moment the heaviest BBs we offer are 0.36g. They are biodegradable, black, and come in bags of 2000. Each bag is £11.45 (2nd class postage included).

https://www.6mmammo.co.uk/product-page/6mm-ammo-0-36g-biodegradable-2000-bbs-black

Good price but like so many I’ve just bought a load of ammo ! 😫

once this lot goes I shall definitely be trying your ammo out matey 👍

Archived