"6mm Ammo" supplies any good?

EDcase
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Duff said:

Of course having to buy more to use from the site shop still sucks.

My mate paid £8 for a bottle of 2000 from the shop if I recall correctly.

Yeah that's what I mean, we don't always arrive on site with a load of cash in our pockets, fuel dosh & green fees/lunch money, gonna suck if you return to the safezone after your warm up game to find your ammo "confiscated", what if your unable to buy more ?, are they gonna make good in some way to enable you to continue playing, otherwise your screwed & possibly seriously out of pocket if you've gravelled a long way.

Was a time when I had to stop taking extra cash to sites, on the grounds that if the site shop, or even other players had nice shiny kit for sale, I'd buy it........ think I had a problem lol.

e233ca577a2243b541d5b233a43f039d.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Absolute' take credit cards so absolutely NO chance of stopping. :D

Age and storage conditions will probably affect BB strength to add to the confusion...

The BBs are returned at the end of the day, they just don't want to risk peoples eyes with shattering bbs.

I am doing some serious research on BBs that are available today not just for shattering but also for quality. I have found horrible out of roundness in lots of the bbs available today also what looks like chipping and is probably injection mold clipping points. the quality BBs I have found are pure sperical objects of high polish with close FPS shot to shot and much better grouping.

So far non of the bulk buy BBs are any good all being of average to poor quality,!!!!

As gasman says Absolute do return them at the end of the day,the reason for confiscation is that airsofters(shock horror) don't listen..

I've been there when a young boy and his mum were using them and we were a few games in.

If they are on the table after the warning someone would and could still use them,otherwise they'd be put away,,surely...😏.

There is advice on their website regarding Nupo bb's

Yup. All true. Just better off getting their staff to confiscate them, not bulshey regulars. 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, gasman said:

The BBs are returned at the end of the day, they just don't want to risk peoples eyes with shattering bbs.

I am doing some serious research on BBs that are available today not just for shattering but also for quality. I have found horrible out of roundness in lots of the bbs available today also what looks like chipping and is probably injection mold clipping points. the quality BBs I have found are pure sperical objects of high polish with close FPS shot to shot and much better grouping.

So far non of the bulk buy BBs are any good all being of average to poor quality,!!!!

Most of the well known brands are fine and as for Nuprol RZR they are one of the best so Absolute are being stupid. 

Sounds like a good way to sell bbs on game day.

Wouldn't matter if they are returned the site has no right to confiscate. Absolute has a shitty reputation and things like this are why.

2 hours ago, gasman said:

I'll hold off buying any more until you've completed your research, though i've got about 30,000 blasters to use up 😉

Cheers

G

26 minutes ago, MisterG said:

... I've got about 30,000 blasters to use up ...

:blink: Krikey you have stocked-up...  In case of armageddon...?

I have asked Les to gather as many different makes of BB as possible in small quantities from people to get as complete a picture of what is best to buy having just payed for 8 kilos of different make BBs.

34 minutes ago, MisterG said:

I'll hold off buying any more until you've completed your research, though i've got about 30,000 blasters to use up 😉

Cheers

G

Don't you find they're a bit crumbly?

5 minutes ago, gasman said:

I have asked Les to gather as many different makes of BB as possible in small quantities from people to get as complete a picture of what is best to buy having just payed for 8 kilos of different make BBs.

I've got a little baggy of goodies for him!

just don't shoot him in the nuts with them.

6 minutes ago, gasman said:

just don't shoot him in the nuts with them.

I owe him one up the bum actually!?

didn't no you batted for the other team lol

38 minutes ago, Duff said:

Don't you find they're a bit crumbly?

Not really, but best ask the players on the other end of my rifle 😉

39 minutes ago, EDcase said:

:blink: Krikey you have stocked-up...  In case of armageddon...?

When I bought them I was averaging 3-4k per skirmish and the discount was higher if I bought in bulk.

About 6k .20s, 6k .30s and .36s, and a couple thousand of .28s, and 1000 .32s and .36s, the rest are are .25s.

I wasn't counting the other brands before.

Am also doing testing trying to find the right weight for each rifle.

Happy to donate some to the testing cause.

Cheers

G

6mm are fine, the guy started it back in 2016 - nothing amazing but they're as solid as any other brand.

Not sure why the RZR hate, I've used them for years without any issues. Right now I'll swap between blasters and RZRs depending what the site shop or retailer have available.

Still not tried The Draft Club but having chat to the owner recently, it's definitely one I'm interested in testing - from our conversations he seemed extremely knowledgeable and could explain the differences between their BBs and the others on the market. 

Just now, Gtech said:

6mm are fine, the guy started it back in 2016 - nothing amazing but they're as solid as any other brand.

Not sure why the RZR hate, I've used them for years without any issues. Right now I'll swap between blasters and RZRs depending what the site shop or retailer have available.

Still not tried The Draft Club but having chat to the owner recently, it's definitely one I'm interested in testing - from our conversations he seemed extremely knowledgeable and could explain the differences between their BBs and the others on the market. 

Only time I had hassle with the Nuprol BBs was their diamonds/gold back a few years ago - just when Geoffs came to light since every manufacturer (including Nuprol) were suffering from swollen BBs when the compounds changed.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, MisterG said:

Cheers

G

I call your 30,000 and raise you 60,000 ! 😂

had the chance to pick them up at a ridiculous discount from a very nice chap who’s emigrating and had a garage full of Airsoft consumables that he used to sell through his fleabay shop to get rid of pronto ! 👍

On 12/07/2018 at 19:34, Tackle said:

I'm starting to think that absolutely everything that's Nuprol branded is a pile of shit........not heard a single good thing about their kit.

I was flogged Nuprol VSR Mags once, they didn’t feed.

same goes for their M4 midcaps.

Thanks Mr G small samples of 10 or less is all that I require with the make, type ie bios, weight and how long you have had them since purchase.

The more samples I look at the less impressed I am with Chinese manufacturers. The Chinese make some incredibly accurate stuff till they go into mass production and start using monkeys to operate their machines. The quality control seems none existent.

1 hour ago, gasman said:

Thanks Mr G small samples of 10 or less is all that I require with the make, type ie bios, weight and how long you have had them since purchase.

The more samples I look at the less impressed I am with Chinese manufacturers. The Chinese make some incredibly accurate stuff till they go into mass production and start using monkeys to operate their machines. The quality control seems none existent.

This is what I have

Non Bio

.20 Absolute Airsoft 4 months old

.20 ASG Blasters 3 weeks old

.25 ASG Blasters 3 months old

.30 ASG Blasters 3 weeks old

.28 ASG Devils 1 month old

.36 ASG Devils 2 weeks old

Bios

.32 GEOFFS™ SUPER NATURAL PRECISION™ 2 weeks old

Age is from date of purchase, can't see a manufacture date on the bottles i checked.

Cheers

G

ok I am at absolute this coming Sunday so will bring a few small envelopes if you are there. not interested in the absolute bbs as they are of poor standard and have tested them already.

Sorry that should have said Ambush, not Absolute.

Will be a very interesting survey gasman.

Looking forward to results tho I'm sure it'll mean spending more money for quality...

• Moderators
On 12/07/2018 at 23:23, ImTriggerHappy said:

Like to see them try and touch my stuff.

While they have every right to ban usage they have no right to confiscate.

While some batches of the original  Nuprol bbs had issues the RZR are absolutely fine. Worst bbs for shattering are bio, excel and bulldogs. Bulldogs I tested actually splintered into some really small sharp shards. Not good if you are wearing mesh eyepro.

Sounds like absolute are making judgements on assumptions not facts.

Place does not sound well run at all.

agree with ITH here, These are used at Urban as the on site BBs if needed, ive not had much issues with the .25s but the .20s would occasionally shatter when i was testing in the garden, difficult to see what happened in game though

my brother uses them more than me, well using up, and he has said he has seen a few part ways!, also got a bag of ICS bbs, not sure where he got them, he is currently using them and not had any issues i know about

im on  .25 blasters.....few thousand (25000 i think) to get through!

Archived