"6mm Ammo" supplies any good?

EDcase
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

Never heard of them , I’d say get a sample bag see how they fair ? 

I’d also email and ask if you do put an order in will they nock the price of the sample bag off a full order ? Worth a punt , you never know ! 😉

4 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Never heard of them , I’d say get a sample bag see how they fair ? 

I’d also email and ask if you do put an order in will they nock the price of the sample bag off a full order ? Worth a punt , you never know ! 😉

Sounds like a good idea.

Want to make sure they don't shatter

Absolute don't allow Nuprols as supposedly they shatter too easily, and they were confiscating them.  So would definitely see if you can get a sample before buying too many.

And you can check the quality of the BBs as well

18 minutes ago, MisterG said:

Absolute don't allow Nuprols as supposedly they shatter too easily, and they were confiscating them.  So would definitely see if you can get a sample before buying too many.

I thought they went about that in a particularly brutish fashion.

8 minutes ago, Duff said:

I thought they went about that in a particularly brutish fashion.

When its a question of safety...

But yeah, they didn't have to announce that they found some to everyone

23 minutes ago, MisterG said:

Yeah, that's my main concern

Ordered samples of 0.2 and 0.25
Will report back if they perform like dumdums

10 minutes ago, EDcase said:

When its a question of safety...

But yeah, they didn't have to announce that they found some to everyone

What I found shocking was that I later found out that the guy going around checking people's gear and removing said items was a player, not a member of staff. 

And for the record, dunno if you guys were aware on that day that it was my mate who had 3 bottles of bb's confiscated but that isn't why it pissed me off cos he was more than happy not to use them and buy another bottle from the site shop. 

I would have had no problem with a Marshall carrying out those actions at all.

2 minutes ago, Duff said:

What I found shocking was that I later found out that the guy going around checking people's gear and removing said items was a player, not a member of staff. 

And for the record, dunno if you guys were aware on that day that it was my mate who had 3 bottles of bb's confiscated but that isn't why it pissed me off cos he was more than happy not to use them and buy another bottle from the site shop. 

I would have had no problem with a Marshall carrying out those actions at all.

Yeah, didn't know that.  I guess he was a regular 'honorary' marshall

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I've used some of the 6mm Ammo.

It's Good. Perfectly fine ammunition.

Certainly nothing spectacular to report, it's not the second coming of the BB Jesus.

Accuracy was good. Hardly any flyers etc.

Up there with draft club and blaster devils I suppose 

I'll be sticking with draft club for regular and  / RZR for tracer though.

The owner often posts on Reddit with discount codes as well:

https://www.reddit.com/user/TheWouldBeMerchant

• Supporters
2 hours ago, MisterG said:

Absolute don't allow Nuprols as supposedly they shatter too easily.

I'm starting to think that absolutely everything that's Nuprol branded is a pile of shit........not heard a single good thing about their kit.

28 minutes ago, Tackle said:

I'm starting to think that absolutely everything that's Nuprol branded is a pile of shit........not heard a single good thing about their kit.

Their shotgun shells are pretty faultless, cheap too. 

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I haven't heard or experienced the shattering report of the RZRs. They're really on point for me.

Is it the non-RZR BBs? Or do they confiscate RZRs too?

I know I'll never use BAW BBs ever again.

They were like using shotgun pellets! Terrible disintegration.

On the website it doesn't say anything aside from Nuprol, but from memory I believe RZRs were confiscated, but couldn't swear too it, was too busy trying to sort my dodgy HPA line at the time.

• Supporters
49 minutes ago, Tackle said:

their gas and holsters are pretty decent, although i haven't heard much nice about their aeg's.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, MisterG said:

What’s all this ‘confiscating ammo’ about ? 

They collected all Nuprols left out on the tables, I don't know if they were given back at the end as I left early.

Rational is Nuprols shatter too easily.

• Supporters

Weird, they can insist their not used on site, but taking them from people is a bit heavy, also what if you turn up with ONLY nuprol bb's, they gonna swap them for an acceptable brand or give a discounted price to buy alternatives ?

• Supporters

Like to see them try and touch my stuff.

While they have every right to ban usage they have no right to confiscate.

While some batches of the original  Nuprol bbs had issues the RZR are absolutely fine. Worst bbs for shattering are bio, excel and bulldogs. Bulldogs I tested actually splintered into some really small sharp shards. Not good if you are wearing mesh eyepro.

Sounds like absolute are making judgements on assumptions not facts.

Place does not sound well run at all.

• Supporters

Taking them with out consent is also called theft , they could ask players to put them away as there prohibited on site but the minute thay ‘confiscated’ them they’d committed a crime .

no way on this planet would anyone taken them off me ! I’d put them away yes , but you touch my kit and there’ll be hell to pay ! 

3 hours ago, L3wisD said:

One of the sites in Scotland told me not to use blasters and to use them because blasters are "dangerous" 😂

8 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Like to see them try and touch my stuff.

While they have every right to ban usage they have no right to confiscate.

While some batches of the original  Nuprol bbs had issues the RZR are absolutely fine. Worst bbs for shattering are bio, excel and bulldogs. Bulldogs I tested actually splintered into some really small sharp shards. Not good if you are wearing mesh eyepro.

Sounds like absolute are making judgements on assumptions not facts.

Place does not sound well run at all.

I might add the bb's they took were 2x rzr tracers 1x bottle of something else I forget. My mate had no intention of using the rzr's but he did get them back. Of course having to buy more to use from the site shop still sucks.

8 hours ago, Tackle said:

Weird, they can insist their not used on site, but taking them from people is a bit heavy, also what if you turn up with ONLY nuprol bb's, they gonna swap them for an acceptable brand or give a discounted price to buy alternatives ?

My mate paid £8 for a bottle of 2000 from the shop if I recall correctly.

10 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Still surprised that they took RZRs. They are proven to be great nowadays.

/shrug

They were is tracer rounds that happened to be in his kit because he plays Mall pretty much every Thursday and he'd just set them aside on the table.

Shit I totally derailed this thread, my bad.

• Supporters
13 hours ago, L3wisD said:

Just goes to show different players different results , i’ll Never buy RZR’s again , i bought a bottle of .40’s to split with a mate and unluckily for him but luckily for me he used them first and the they destroyed his L96 , they shattered in side it and bits got jammed up and just trashed it ! But then the flip side of your experience I’ve been using BAW on and off literally since I started , if I can’t get blasters I always get them and never had a problem with either !

So for me I think it’s good this fine chap has put up yet another possible source for ammo ! 👍

Archived