Are these goggles safe? (BOLLE Trackers)

callumbagshaw
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bolle-TRACKER-Safety-Glasses-CLEAR-LENS-Airsoft-Eye-Protection-Army-Goggles/361021722361?epid=1588122590&hash=item540e924ef9:g:~O0AAOxyu4dRraCj

The description says:

they will resist medium velocity impacts at temperature extremes.

"Medium velocity impact" seems incredibly subjective.

If I get hit by a truck at medium velocity it'll probably hurt more than being hit by a puppy at medium velocity.

If anyone knows whether these are genuinely safe, please let me know and I'll get a pair :) 

Cheers,
Cal.

Got my Bolle Silium Platinums from Patrolbase for less than £15 posted. 

Same rating, super lightweight and have personally been drilled in the face with an accidental full auto burst from about 10 ft direct to the lense the very first time I fielded them.

They never fog, after a game I wipe the sweat running down them and I'm good to go. The sweat cascade doesn't even affect vision. I have both clear and smoke and I can even use the smoke at night which I found pretty amazing.

21 minutes ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

My friend has the trackers and they always Fog up due to them being full seal.

Yeah the Silium Platinum range are just specs rather than goggles. Some worry that a bb will get up underneath them. The chances of that happening are slim, more likely to get a bb directly up the nasal passage and into the brain than that shit happening.

22 minutes ago, Duff said:

Yeah the Silium Platinum range are just specs rather than goggles. Some worry that a bb will get up underneath them. The chances of that happening are slim, more likely to get a bb directly up the nasal passage and into the brain than that shit happening.

Yeah I’ve worn glasses for a while and I’ve not had any issues, can be quite scary when you take a direct hit though!

25 minutes ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

Yeah I’ve worn glasses for a while and I’ve not had any issues, can be quite scary when you take a direct hit though!

Agree. I actually went back to the safezone so I could take them off and check they were intact. Not an effin scratch, impressed I was.

18 minutes ago, Duff said:

Agree. I actually went back to the safezone so I could take them off and check they were intact. Not an effin scratch, impressed I was.

Yeah I wouldn’t trust mesh at all! Ballistic glasses are the way forward or one of those dye masks.

7 hours ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

Yeah I wouldn’t trust mesh at all! Ballistic glasses are the way forward or one of those dye masks.

I held back ...... but ....., “full face, full face!!!!!”

99% of Paintball masks can be used for airsoft, and that other 1% or less is due to the air holes but the eye zone should be safe and sealed

2 hours ago, Tommikka said:

I held back ...... but ....., “full face, full face!!!!!”

99% of Paintball masks can be used for airsoft, and that other 1% or less is due to the air holes but the eye zone should be safe and sealed

It’s all about preference, if people want full face then there’s plenty of options.

Archived