The Mall Reading

madmogga
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I know a lot of you here have played at the Mall Reading – I am looking to get down their at the end of the month and wanted to know what the engagement distances are so I can chose which AEG to take.

I have a Small CQB gun I use at my local site but due to their rules is only 280 fps on .2g bb’s – however I also have a much bigger and heavier AEG I use for outside which is 335fps on .2g bb’s which is also a lot more accurate.

My question is what would be best something small and light with less range or the heavier but more accurate AEG?

And any other tips for essential kit to take on the day?

thanks 

• Mostly Retired Moderators

You don't need a lot of range at the mall.

Most of the engagements are within 4-5 metres.

But if you're shooting down the basement corridors or the main concourse it wouldn't hurt, but it's not essential as you can cut out most of the distance by ducking through some side rooms to get closer to them.

Take whatever is lightest. You'll be hoofing it up and down stairs and escalators. Heavy set ups are not ideal for the mall.

And wear full face.

Even if it doesn't look as cool, you'll end up eating BBs through smashed teeth.

Small light low powered AEG. You will be going up and down stairs all day you will want as light a load out as possible. You don't need high fps there is a good chance you will get a lot of practically point blank kills and like wise you will get killed the same way so to get and give less welts I recomend everyone running a lower powered gun at cqb sites. 

Fps is 340 across the board so take an AEG lower than or equal to that. Semi auto only unless stated but normally not often.

There is no MED.

• Supporters

As long as it shoots under 340 use whichever you prefer.

Mall is classed as CQB but there are lots of places where you can shoot 20+mtrs.

Try and run light and wear clothes that breath, it gets very humid in there.

Lots of water and a torch helps.

Main thing is bring a happy face as it is never super serious. See you there.

thanks, quick and light it is then  :) - what about a tracer unit any point taking one  ?

8 minutes ago, madmogga said:

thanks, quick and light it is then  :) - what about a tracer unit any point taking one  ?

Yes. Can be hard to see where your shots are going without. Plus laserbeams are awesome.

• Head Moderator

I wear full face and a helmet. I tend to bounce off things in the dark and the helmet has saved me after some nasty falls.  Good footwear, it can be slippery in parts (hence falling over) so I use boots.  Gloves can help, I have taken many hand/finger hits at close range due to the nature of moving through rooms, corridors and around corners. Often it your head and hands that are the first part of you visible and so get hit. 

For the Mall, depending on your fitness the escalators are murder on the thighs, good tip @ImTriggerHappy gave me was use the staircases instead.

Cheers

G

39 minutes ago, Duff said:

Yes. Can be hard to see where your shots are going without. Plus laserbeams are awesome.

Lasers arent allowed. I assume youre talking about how tracer BBs look but still

11 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Lasers arent allowed. I assume youre talking about how tracer BBs look but still

As in green bb's look like lasers...

49 minutes ago, Sacarathe said:

For a while it's great, and much fun on sundays, but on evening games it's just a liability.

How so?

ive only ever been the once and that was a Sunday 

2 hours ago, madmogga said:

Tracers are great fun and useful hey just give your position away. At the mall I always have a tracer on my primary and pistol. 

• Supporters
14 hours ago, Jedi_Master said:

I wear full face and a helmet. I tend to bounce off things in the dark and the helmet has saved me after some nasty falls.  Good footwear, it can be slippery in parts (hence falling over) so I use boots.  Gloves can help, I have taken many hand/finger hits at close range due to the nature of moving through rooms, corridors and around corners. Often it your head and hands that are the first part of you visible and so get hit. 

Archived