What rules and safety standards would your dream airsoft site have?

Sacarathe
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Having played at the Mall in Reading a lot in the past, I'm not sure there can be such a thing as too many rules.

This can include a desire to see frequent use of psudo-millsim rules such as medics - but lets not off topic into game modes.

Or alternatively, just a list of rules and safety standards you really like but don't see very often at airsoft sites.

• Don't pick up others' shit in the game zone.

Nothing is as frustrating like searching for lost kit only to find it in a marshals dump pouch after the game after a player picked it up and didn't remember where they found it when the marshal said put it back. I once had my AEG handed into the marshals...

I'd like to say lets not discuss the obvious, but from the rant threads its quite clear that removing magazines and firing a few shots before entering the safezone is not a universal standard.

My dream site would ban 9mm blanks, but allow 209.

PS: Who dares suggest hop off at chono?! 😈

Personally speaking

• Mandatory check of eyewear pre game (I know how long that would take but still this is my dream site)
  • MED test for anyone using a higher FPS weapon 🤣
  • Over 18s day/night
  • Madatory hearing protection for CQB area's (lost count of the amount of idiots that dont look after their hearing, some active hearing protection is cheaper than most people think)
  • Mandatory boots even for rentals etc for all area's

I'll edit when I think of more.

6 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

• Mandatory boots even for rentals etc for all area's

As someone who has Limitus Hallux and has triangular shaped feet this is not a particularly viable. I do however wear separate ankle supports. 

3 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

As someone who has Limitus Hallux and has triangular shaped feet this is not a particularly viable. I do however wear separate ankle supports. 

So long as it mitigates the risk of breaking an ankle etc then fair enough.

Free tea, coffee and cool water.

A toilet that doesn't look like it's for use by blind horses only.

Someone with a fraction of a personality to do safety brief.

1/25 marshall/player ratio.

Free back rubs from volunteer student nurses.

A range separate from chrono so you can dial in shit without getting in the way.

Site membership that gives you discount on game fees.

• Head Moderator

Mandatory chrono of all guns. 

Random chrono checks on guns during the day.

Tournament lock all HPA guns

• Supporters

If cought using over kill on purpose then rest of the day is single shot for you .

all snipers must pass a distance estimation test before they can snipe on site .

Riot shields are not bullet proof only shields that actually look like a ballistic shield are .

site will actually follow up on punishments for rule infringements and not just threaten too ? 

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

Site will actually follow up on punishments for rule infringements and not just threaten too ? 

This, so much this!!

Test MED for folk with higher fps guns.

Accurate chrono's

No riot sheilds 

All under 16's must play alongside an adult for a set number of games to prove they won't cheat/be annoying. 

Decide if gun hits count or not and stick with it. Rather than changing it every other game or so! 

• Supporters

active marshalls (ie that if you report a player they, y'know, investigate and do something about it)

player marshalls to support the regular ones

chrono'ing all guns and competition locking hpa's, even pistols because it's worrying how nobody bothers to do that.

chrono'ing any guns of a player who swaps guns mid-day

permanently banning anyone caught cheating

in terms of gameplay:

-biased gameplay, for example 1 life per zone for defenders, or 30 steps back no return etc, really simmers down the competitive nature of the game and makes it more about putting up a good fight, as well as giving a sense of progress.

-mixed gameplay, nothing worse than tdm limbo in this game

-changing the site zone, for example adding cover, to fix problems with gameplay or introduce something new

but most importantly, and this is my judge of the quality of a site- the willingness to listen to and implement ideas that come from the players, to try new things and see what works and what doesnt. if i site can do that properly then the rest is elementary.

6 hours ago, Jedi_Master said:

Mandatory chrono of all guns. 

Random chrono checks on guns during the day.

Tournament lock all HPA guns

I wouldn’t knowingly go to a site that doesn’t do this! Surely that’s just basics?? 

• Supporters

Magistrum cavendo custodes.

Site owner to apply the site's rules to the marshals and his mates, up to and including chronoing them in game and sending them home if they're running hot.

I'm not suggesting that this isn't the case at the sites that I've played at, just that I jolly well hope that it is.

Good toilet facilities 

Drinking water/ tea/ coffee

18+ only

overkill punishable by either a ban or the option of being hosed down by entire enemy team until they run dry (rule breakers choice)

dmr/ sniper competency test (MED, rate of fire etc)

once you’ve listened to the site safety brief once, you sign a register so you don’t need to listen to it again unless changes are made. 

Chrono via fps on .20 as doing it by joules essentially restricts BB weight and the point of a well tuned/ upgrades gun. 350 for full auto, 450 DMR and 500 sniper. MED for DMR and sniper 20m

well stocked site shop that can take requests 

Rifle/ pistol range area

observant Marshals

NO SPEEDSOFTERS! 

• Supporters
24 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Magistrum cavendo custodes.

Site owner to apply the site's rules to the marshals and his mates, up to and including chronoing them in game and sending them home if they're running hot.

I'm not suggesting that this isn't the case at the sites that I've played at, just that I jolly well hope that it is.

oh god yes, one site i used to play at was very particular about chrono'ing guns, until you got into a firefight with one of his buddies wherein you'd be barely reaching him then smack you get blasted by what feels like point blank.

On 11/07/2018 at 21:24, Wo1f said:

once you’ve listened to the site safety brief once, you sign a register so you don’t need to listen to it again unless changes are made. 

Most of what I would suggest has been said but as much as I HATE having to sit through the brief at The Mall, I think on sites where the brief is in the safe zone having people sitting out fiddling with kit etc would be a distraction to the new players who really should be listening.

and there is a joke in there somewhere about never being on too many registers or something but im tired so not with it today!!

7 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

I HATE having to sit through the brief at The Mall

Wow really? They're literally the only marshalls with personality. I love their briefings, especially if its Luke or Hayden as they're funny asf.

3 minutes ago, Duff said:

Wow really? They're literally the only marshalls with personality. I love their briefings, especially if its Luke or Hayden as they're funny asf.

Yeah but when you have heard it a million times, and Luke does tend to recycle his jokes ;)  

Back to the point (kinda)

As a regular I know the brief really well, but sometimes if changes due to the site being what it is, things have moved, leaks have sprung up, areas may be out of bounds etc so I see the importance of the brief every time. As much as I would love to say I know it can I sit out. There will be that one time I end up missing information and breaking a leg or getting kicked off as I broke a rule I missed etc.

59 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Most of what I would suggest has been said but as much as I HATE having to sit through the brief at The Mall, I think on sites where the brief is in the safe zone having people sitting out fiddling with kit etc would be a distraction to the new players who really should be listening.

and there is a joke in there somewhere about never being on too many registers or something but im tired so not with it today!!

It seems to work well at the mill in Wigan. The briefing is done on a video just before the netting into the game area. 

I despise all of the briefings. I’ve been playing for years, I know the drill. I don’t want to stand there for ten minutes listening to something I’ve heard a million times before. 

If the world wasnt wasn’t full of morons, the safety briefing I would have is just: “Don’t be a dick”. But alas, I am surrounded..

A dry safezone is one of life's underrated luxuries. 

15 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

It seems to work well at the mill in Wigan. The briefing is done on a video just before the netting into the game area. 

I despise all of the briefings. I’ve been playing for years, I know the drill. I don’t want to stand there for ten minutes listening to something I’ve heard a million times before. 

If the world wasnt wasn’t full of morons, the safety briefing I would have is just: “Don’t be a dick”. But alas, I am surrounded..

Thats fair, I suppose its depends on the site mostly.

Like you said if theres nothing new its quite pointless watching it every week!

1 hour ago, Albiscuit said:

Yeah but when you have heard it a million times, and Luke does tend to recycle his jokes ;)  

Don't fix what ain't broke innit?

30 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

My local does 2 briefings. One for the rentals and people who’ve played less that 5 times that year at that site, and one for the regulars. Regulars one just covers the safety stuff in brief, and usually ‘you know the score, don’t be twat’ type statement. 

Archived