Airsoft tantrums

Huxley
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Only really seen it twice in the two years of me playing one was a bloke that just flipped at some of mates. In all fairness he'd over heated and need some water and time out. But at the end of the day he was alright. The second was  rental guy  that wouldn't call his hits. So he got hosed and properly lost it. Also giving every excuse under the sun why he didn't call to the site team. The player that shot him  even apologized and tried to explain why he got peppered but to no avail. Promptly leaving saying how sh#t it all was and taking his family with him. Nice example to you kids mate!

On 10/07/2018 at 16:36, Duff said:

The warm up games at Absolute are pretty fun, tactical statues;you need to be shot by a teammate once hit to respawn where you died. Last team standing wins and you can bet in 5 minutes you've been peppered lots. By then a few overshots mean nothing. I remember tagging @leggylicious about ten times with an arse cheek shot under 10ms.

See i love that game when played right i love being covered so i can nuke the hell out of other team and don`t care how close you are to tag me back in so longs as we win like we did

Worst I have ever seen was a rental at Urban Assault.  He was walking up the road straight through the middle of the fight, I (and another team member) both ask him if he was hit as we didn't want to shoot an already dead player.  He replies by fully auto-ing a dead player from our team in the back from around 2m away.  So naturally I shoot him, as does the guy next to me.  Needless to say he doesn't take the hit and continues walking off after random members of our team hosing people down.  We go get a Marshall, who he then tries to fight, starts offering people out on site.  He failed to realise I was a police officer (albeit military) as was another Marshall and another player was a serving civilian officer.  Spent 20 minutes trying to fight with Marshalls who just wanted him off site by this stage, randomly offering people out saying he was a boxer and would knock everyone out.  I swear he was coked up or on something.  Never seen anything like it before or since at airsoft.

On 10/07/2018 at 16:03, Rogerborg said:

The worst incident I've seen is a dead player standing still with his hand clearly up get shot at close range by a psuedo-speed-softer through an unforced error.  On being fairly politely asked to be more careful, the shooter went off on an extended sarcastic rant about folk being there to get shot, oh no, small plastic BBs, how awful for him.  Being an egregious dick, in other words, rather than a 2 second "Sorry mate, my bad" since it was indeed his bad.  I told the dead player that it was well out of order, and did he want me to go with him to find a marshal, which he didn't.

That happened on my 2nd outing, so I didn't chase it up myself.  If I saw anything similar happening now, I'd be taking numbers and putting the site's "Don't be a dick" rule to the acid test.

Fortunately, it's been very rare.  Brief yelling from folk being hit can indeed be shrugged off as an instinctive adrenaline reaction.

Why not just shoot up the speedsofter?

I have calmed myself down a few times at the Mall. Especially when you can see people not taking hits, and you go toward them to get a description and they greet you with "What, Fam?"...🙄

However, when I went to Airsoft Plantation recently, I was keeping some boys in a bush for quite a while, apparently they did not know where I was shooting from each time I went there although they kept shooting me, so explain that one. Regardless, someone shouted your'e not 30 meters away for full auto, prick.. So I went over, explained that, should he have said, you arent far away enough i'd have taken a hit and agreed with a marshall if i was/wasnt far enough away and re adjust or go back there. Ended up calling him a miserable old man (that is definitely what I said) and walked off, he came upto me later and shook my hand and said good shooting... Don't get it. People get very argumentative, especially when it's hot, as do I, but if someone argues a point with me with respect, i'll normally take a hit and leave it at that. Don't get arsy and dicky with me, otherwise i'll be a douche back and make you look stupid 😆

I remember being at Anzio and a group of Milsim monkeys turned up thinking they were the dogs....

They whinged when I shot one guy in the gap in his plate carrier under the armpit...? Apparently it was uncalled for? Ok.

Best was in the embassy building; one of them was scouring the rooms and I shot him once in the back after he didnt check his corner. He called it and walked off chuntering to himself because he'd been killed by a 'normal person' and he was better than that. Bless.

On 13/07/2018 at 10:09, EvilMonkee said:

Spent 20 minutes trying to fight with Marshalls who just wanted him off site by this stage, randomly offering people out saying he was a boxer and would knock everyone out.  I swear he was coked up or on something.  Never seen anything like it before or since at airsoft.

Funny how "toy" guns make you feel powerful eh? I bet the only thing stopping the marshals sticking a knee in his neck till he calmed down was the threat of a lawsuit xD

The only thing that calmed him down was the 4 marshalls and two coppers getting him the heck off the site.  Biggest cockwomble I have ever seen.

On 13/07/2018 at 20:46, THE FNG said:

I remember being at Anzio and a group of Milsim monkeys turned up thinking they were the dogs....

They whinged when I shot one guy in the gap in his plate carrier under the armpit...? Apparently it was uncalled for? Ok.

Best was in the embassy building; one of them was scouring the rooms and I shot him once in the back after he didnt check his corner. He called it and walked off chuntering to himself because he'd been killed by a 'normal person' and he was better than that. Bless.

Unless you have super aim or were less than 10 metres away, not sure how you could aim for an armpit on purpose on a moving target.  I certainly couldn't hit one on purpose unless I was close up on a moving target

• Supporters
3 hours ago, MisterG said:

Unless you have super aim or were less than 10 metres away, not sure how you could aim for an armpit on purpose on a moving target.  I certainly couldn't hit one on purpose unless I was close up on a moving target

Chap never said any of that , there’s loads of ways you could get popped in the pit , moving up or down stairs/chicken winging it/leaning out a window/ list goes on ? 😉

12 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Chap never said any of that , there’s loads of ways you could get popped in the pit , moving up or down stairs/chicken winging it/leaning out a window/ list goes on ? 😉

Yes but he was accused of doing it on purpose, was saying I didn't see how it could have been on purpose, so can't see why they got upset.

Cheers

G

IIRC, both of us rounded the same corner quite quickly and had a split second to react. I was using my sidearm; a tm FN5-7. I double tapped; first shot missed and the second hit him as described. He semi auto'd about 4 or 5 shots, missed them all. Next thing I know, he and his 2 teammates behind him were having a go. The engagement distance was about 4 or 5 feet. Marshall sided with me as he saw it all. If I can find the go pro footage, I'll upload it, but it was a good few years ago and I've had a new laptop since then so I doubt I have it.

Worst I have seen was from my own brother. dun dun der😱!!! It was our first time playing and he was wearing snow camo in the middle of a forest which made him easy to identify 😁. He was refusing to call his hits and it got a point where one of the regulars gave me his 40mm launcher to blast him out of a tower. Let me tell you there is nothing like a 40mm to make a person call his hits 🙂

People not calling hits winds me up the most, usually take the grenade launcher and hunt for them after they’ve cheated once. 

I find 120 bbs usually forces them to call it, and usually gets me called a wanker too. Win Win if you ask me 

There was a non hit taker at a game recently, I managed to pop him in the forehead with my VSR. Pretty hard to claim you haven't been hit with a bright red welt on your face :P

4 minutes ago, AshOnSnow said:

Pretty hard to claim you haven't been hit with a bright red welt on your face :P

lol or he accidently blurts out "ah fuck!! hit! " ,,, "ah fuck i called it now"  , "dead man" ...

Had a funny moment Sunday that some might deem a tantrum.

Last part of the morning session and what was to be my last contribution (only on for half day).

My team is assaulting the endor base at CAG. Bit grey bunker complex. Multiple rooms and a tower. It's fairly well defended with a couple of groups of the opposing team sat outside the base and dug in.

Being all sneaky i push left just below a ridge to get a flanking position. Engage a player and take him out before he even realizes i am there. Game on.

A few rounds come in and i duck into the ferns (4ft+ high), chuck a pyro bang and move away on my belly.

I try to push further up the flank, turn towards the base still on my belly and emerge from the ferns. Getting ready to move i hear.

'do you want to surrender buddy'.

Slightly irritated reply comes from my lips 'oh ffs really'.

Barrel protrudes from a bush 6 foot away wish a whispered 'yup really'.

I call hit, laugh and congratulate him. Turns out he had laid there 15 minutes waiting for someone to come close enough to surrender.

Looking back i don't think my 'oh ffs really' was an entirely appropriate response lol.

Archived