Airsoft tantrums

Huxley
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm guessing you all have a few, had my first the other day as I hit some guys eyepro, and kicked off a bit stating he was already out, though it was dark and I couldn't see his hand raised from all the undergrowth.

Oh and he couldn't effing see me, classic given that's the whole point of camo?!

Anyway apologies were given and I went back to spawn.

So I guess I'm asking what do you do yourself. If I get hit I just suck it up, but some really seem to take it personally.

• Root Admin

I'd like to think that I'm usually relatively understanding. Remember when you've stubbed your toe and someone's asked you a question 2 seconds after? It's like that unfounded rage when you hit someone with a stinger.

Usually if they're still looking stroppy after 5 seconds that's the indication that they're a sore loser, however.

If I really think someone is not taking their hits I'll ask teammates if they've had the same problem with the person in question. If they have I ask them to come and speak to a Marshall with me about said player.

Yet to witness or throw one myself although I may vocalise my annoyance to my team.

As for being hit after calling yourself out I quickly learnt it's part of the game. If you announce it loud enough and take a minute then announce that you're stepping out most of the time you'll be fine. Been overhosed a few times, it happens. At the time it pisses me off but moments after I've moved on as I've also been guilty of a few too many shots not purposefully or maliscious sent to out players.

I've had someone throw a wobbly after he friendly fired me and I told him to check his fire. I wouldn't have had a problem with it it's a part of the game and lord knows I've done it but you apologise and carry on. What you dont do is start yelling and saying I shouldn't have charged at him from a direction where he couldn't see my coloured band (I was beating a hasty retreat to avoid being overrun and the site we were at puts one coloured band on the rifht and the other on the left so even if you can't see the band you can still id them)

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

I've had someone throw a wobbly after he friendly fired me and I told him to check his fire

The worst incident I've seen is a dead player standing still with his hand clearly up get shot at close range by a psuedo-speed-softer through an unforced error.  On being fairly politely asked to be more careful, the shooter went off on an extended sarcastic rant about folk being there to get shot, oh no, small plastic BBs, how awful for him.  Being an egregious dick, in other words, rather than a 2 second "Sorry mate, my bad" since it was indeed his bad.  I told the dead player that it was well out of order, and did he want me to go with him to find a marshal, which he didn't.

That happened on my 2nd outing, so I didn't chase it up myself.  If I saw anything similar happening now, I'd be taking numbers and putting the site's "Don't be a dick" rule to the acid test.

Fortunately, it's been very rare.  Brief yelling from folk being hit can indeed be shrugged off as an instinctive adrenaline reaction.

I often seem to get hosed even when my hand was in the air.  First game ever, rolling respawn, had to wait with marshal, until the rest of our team fell back/were hit.  About five of us waiting with a hand in the air and we all got hosed full auto, guessing the marshal got hit too .

No tantrum though, as I was clueless that day 😄

Closest i got is shouting at a group of blues "what £%&- was that about!?"

And i feel i was justified in that ssituation because they threw a grenade at my face (i was sniping and lying down and OK it was probably just the luck of the throw)

But as i rolled sideways to escape a pyro blast in my face, i then got full auto'd by all of them the second after the grenade went off.

and then as i took my hit and tried to get up, they opened up at my face again (thank god i wear face masks otherwise i would have lost all my teeth).

• Supporters

Did once flip out Big time at a CQB site , Guy was hooning around with this monstrous dildo slapping people with it shouting “cock kill !” As he did it  , Catches me , I “f**k sake mate !” Him and he then starts of about “you can’t take it cos I took you out with a big rubber cock ! you too operator for that ? ! “ I replied “no the fact it’s a big rubber dick has nothing to do with it , it’s the fact it f**king hurt !” (I do think things like this are funny) he then makes the monument mistake of saying “oh it don’t hurt that much man up !” Now this is the point I really loose it , if there’s one phrase that presses the big red button for me it ‘man up’ when some spunktrumpet has hurt another player but rather than say sorry they try to belittle the player who’s complained . So I reply with “fine give it here and I’ll slap you with it then tell me to man up !” Of course he won’t hand it over , now there’s a bit of an crowd forming as I’m a tad loud by now , a couple of his mates then say “go on let I’m take swing at you or you too much of a pussy ?” Or something along those lines , he  hands it over I swing it at his thigh it connects and he drops to the floor like a sack of shit screaming ! Now I must admit I did put a bit of omph in to it (and the swing was powered by my righteous indignation at his attitude) but I know I shouldn’t have really hit him as hard as I could (with out showing it) or gone off at him the way I did but sometimes it just has to be done . 

I had a tantrum and walked off a few weekends ago about the sheer overkill that was happening. 

When I got home I could track the hits (simmilar sizes and cut/bruised depths so I can pretty much garuntee they happened on the same burst of fire) from ankle to neck and across my body, front and back... 

I suspect there was some speed soft types playing that day. 

I stormed off after I was already hit, hand up and walking away from play to go respawn. I was then hosed from behind, about 4-8 hit the rear of my legs and  up my back. There was no other palyers around me so they were clearly shooting at me, with my hand up and back to them... 

I may have "gotten all Glaswegian" on them all and shouted in the general direction of play before heading back to the safe zone 😅

9 hours ago, Duff said:

The warm up games at Absolute are pretty fun, tactical statues;you need to be shot by a teammate once hit to respawn where you died. Last team standing wins and you can bet in 5 minutes you've been peppered lots...

I'm not too keen on that game to be honest.  Can't tell who's shooting you most of the time...

I've had a few hits after calling myself out but nothing to warrant a wobbly... yet

Best thing to do is laugh even when it hurts

On a side note, I think RIFs should have a realistic rate of fire.

Especially HPA can be ridiculous.

• Supporters

mostly i'm ok with the odd burst of full auto, and the odd burst of freindly fire if it's tight quarters and there's the real possibility they didn't see the hand up.

few games back i was leaving the game because i was on the verge of losing my **** because there was a not insignificant amount of creative game mechanics going on and i'd had enough of the marshalling being sub-par that people felt they could get away with it. on my way back to the safe zone, in a really open area i see the site owner and i tell him i'm done, i had both arms in the air and pretty damn obviously not part of the game.

of course someone pops up and spends about 3s hosing me with their 50rps m4 and i slightly lose my **** along the lines of "you ****ing blind?".

in my defence if you can't tell the difference between someone hiding behind cover and someone walking in the open with both arms up talking to the marshall you should probably find a different sport.

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

Did once flip out Big time at a CQB site , Guy was hooning around with this monstrous dildo slapping people with it shouting “cock kill !” As he did it  , Catches me , I “f**k sake mate !” Him and he then starts of about “you can’t take it cos I took you out with a big rubber cock ! you too operator for that ? ! “ I replied “no the fact it’s a big rubber dick has nothing to do with it , it’s the fact it f**king hurt !” (I do think things like this are funny) he then makes the monument mistake of saying “oh it don’t hurt that much man up !” Now this is the point I really loose it , if there’s one phrase that presses the big red button for me it ‘man up’ when some spunktrumpet has hurt another player but rather than say sorry they try to belittle the player who’s complained . So I reply with “fine give it here and I’ll slap you with it then tell me to man up !” Of course he won’t hand it over , now there’s a bit of an crowd forming as I’m a tad loud by now , a couple of his mates then say “go on let I’m take swing at you or you too much of a pussy ?” Or something along those lines , he  hands it over I swing it at his thigh it connects and he drops to the floor like a sack of shit screaming ! Now I must admit I did put a bit of omph in to it (and the swing was powered by my righteous indignation at his attitude) but I know I shouldn’t have really hit him as hard as I could (with out showing it) or gone off at him the way I did but sometimes it just has to be done . 

incredible.

• Supporters

Seen lots had to deal with a few but never stropped out myself. I go to airsoft to have a good time and go out my way to help those around me enjoy it too. Camaraderie is a big part of it all.

Never want to be the idiot that kicks off and leaves a bad taste in everybodies mouth.

I generally find those that behave worst at airsoft wouldn't say boo on the street. Think that maybe a toy gun and knowing that if you get aggro someone will stop it makes some people behave in odd ways.

• Supporters
25 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

<interesting-if-true.gifv> ?

Here we go , it was the second ever game at the Mall , apparently he was well known for running around his home site with various ‘pleasure’ items and various other squeaky toys getting humorous ‘knife kills’ which in its self is funny (we are supposed to be having fun after all) but when some one slaps you across the shoulder with 2lb of solid rubber as they run past you it fucking hurts so yea I snapped at him and it quickly escalated from there . 

10 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Here we go , it was the second ever game at the Mall , apparently he was well known for running around his home site with various ‘pleasure’ items and various other squeaky toys getting humorous ‘knife kills’ which in its self is funny (we are supposed to be having fun after all) but when some one slaps you across the shoulder with 2lb of solid rubber as they run past you it fucking hurts so yea I snapped at him and it quickly escalated from there . 

I think me and you are playing a different game...😂

Not seen any dildos though I have seen a rubber chicken used for knife kills.

I'm usually too tired to through a strop anyway. 

If we are sharing Mall stories, this young guy thought it would be funny to pretend to stick to the velcro on my upper arm, no reaction.  Then he opened and closed the UBACS pocket a couple times, still no reaction.  He must have been disappointed.

After humping up and down the escalators a few times I had no energy to even bother to react, plus the marshall was stood right there, so good thing I wasn't bovverd 😉

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Arwen said:

I had a tantrum and walked off a few weekends ago about the sheer overkill that was happening. 

When I got home I could track the hits (simmilar sizes and cut/bruised depths so I can pretty much garuntee they happened on the same burst of fire) from ankle to neck and across my body, front and back... 

I suspect there was some speed soft types playing that day. 

I stormed off after I was already hit, hand up and walking away from play to go respawn. I was then hosed from behind, about 4-8 hit the rear of my legs and  up my back. There was no other palyers around me so they were clearly shooting at me, with my hand up and back to them... 

I may have "gotten all Glaswegian" on them all and shouted in the general direction of play before heading back to the safe zone 😅

Things like this do sour the day for you , we’ve all been there where the adrenaline’s pumping your all hyped up and suddenly a player appears in front and you react quicker than you could have thought about it BUT when your walking in the open and you get lit up there’s not really any excuses for it so yea you will get a bit pissed off . 

I normally give out a 'dude, ffs' to convey my displeasure when i'm team killed at short range.

Then 10 seconds later its forgotten. Yet to have any real arguments. 

I've noticed that people tend to get more ratty towards the end of the day, hits also seem to hurt more. Tiredness,  adrenaline wearing off maybe?

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, MisterG said:

Not seen any dildos though I have seen a rubber chicken used for knife kills.

I'm usually too tired to through a strop anyway. 

If we are sharing Mall stories, this young guy thought it would be funny to pretend to stick to the velcro on my upper arm, no reaction.  Then he opened and closed the UBACS pocket a couple times, still no reaction.  He must have been disappointed.

After humping up and down the escalators a few times I had no energy to even bother to react, plus the marshall was stood right there, so good thing I wasn't bovverd 😉

Normally water and ducks backs and all that I genuinely do like having a really good laugh on game days , just I think he was getting a bit carried away and unfortunately I was probably hot and knackered (can you be any other way at the Mall ?) and just bad timing ?

Last game I played, probably a month or so now.

There was a few cheaters, likely rentals. Marshals kept having words with them yet everyone was still in good spirits as they usually called the 2nd/3rd hits (no blatant godmode probably just not regisering)

But this one guy, lol. Hoodie, jeans or casual clothing. probably a rental or new. Comes creeping up behind a tree maybe 40m away, easy shot. Tag him in the chest area and he immediately starts shooting at me/my team and runs to a different tree. I pop him once more with my sniper and whippeth the pistol out and empty the clip. 6 teammates all within 10-15m of me also lighting this guy up full auto.

Once he had enough pain he puts his hand up and i'm laughing my arse off, casual comment to my mate "he took it then" and this guy just fucking flips "OF COURSE I CALLED IT YOU FUCKING KNOBBER" before huffing off to his respawn.

He must have been hit a good 80 times in that tiny amount of time. Hilarious stuff.

I've seen a couple of people acting all huffy cause they got a tooth shot out too. And someone throw his pistol at a barricade cause it wasn't working. But for the most part the only times i see people acting like dicks are on youtube lol.

• Supporters

Could be worse, kid at one game managed to take a good 15s railing from a bunch of us including me genuinely worrying about burning out my mates arp that i'd borrowed.

He didnt even duck so we were happy to keep continuing until he got the message. There was a fair amount of that sort of shenanigans on site that day.

Caught the same kid at the end of the game walking back to spawn spraying everything in site on full auto. No fixing some folk....

• Supporters

Funnily enough almost all my moments of "sense of humour failure" have happened at the Mall. Generally if it gets to the point that I feel like I might let rip at someone I just go find a quiet corner and chill for a bit, maybe even leave the game and sit in the safe zone (doing exactly that afforded me the opportunity to see someone doing the precise opposite last trip there - losing your shit at the marshals is a quick route to being banned from site, who knew?).

Last trip to the Mall was probably one of the worst to date for people annoying the crap out of me to be honest but equally there were some games that featured some of the best play I've seen. ROugh with the smooth and all that.

Archived