Home Made Airsoft Mask

Jake117
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Right I'm looking to make myself a helmet from halo for use in halo. Ive been over at the 405th forums (they make replica armour) but they weren't happy talking about airsoft because they thought they would get sued. Anyway what material do you think I should use? I've been suggested Smooth Cast 65D but the thread got closed before I could learn more and they seemed to not know too much about making an airsoft ready helmet. Anyway got any suggestions? I dont have a lot of money but will still like any expensive suggestions because the money situation may change in the future :)

Personally I wouldn't even try and make one. The amount of regulations that surround airsoft safety would blow your mind! Besides its not worth risking your safety just to look cool... If you want a custom mask I subject you get a company to make you one, your pay through the nose to get it but that way your be safe.

All masks need to be ballistic tested, so this mean taking a round at point blank at high power. Leaving no visible cracking or damage to the mask, but even then you need a license to be able to make such an item, even if its a one off. UK law and regulation are so complex, I would just go buy and adapt a mask to what you want, as long as you don't cut holes in it or anything stupid like that. But even adapting a mask is a risk. I'm sure there is a company that make halo mask airsoft ready somewhere in the world.

• Supporters

Best thing to do is to talk to heroshark. He is a memebr on zeroin who makes brilliant airsoft masks and glasses etc.

Google heroshark, he has a website. Try to get into contact, he may be able to help

Personally I wouldn't even try and make one. The amount of regulations that surround airsoft safety would blow your mind! Besides its not worth risking your safety just to look cool... If you want a custom mask I subject you get a company to make you one, your pay through the nose to get it but that way your be safe.

I appreciate you trying to look after me but Ive had enough people over at the 405th trying to say not to. The only regulations at my site are that u have at least goggles and im going to wear my goggles under the helmet for the first like 3 games and then probably integrate the goggles into the visor. I do know how dangerous this could be if not handled correctly but Im confident that I can do it and that if the end product isn't 100% safe, then I wont use it.

sounds good, but obviously wear glasses underneath :) smarty pants!

A guy who plays at one of the sites I go to made himself a halo mask which worked pretty well. Have'nt seen him in ages though

Sweet, any idea he made it out of by any chance :P? or anyone got any suggestions because at the moment I have almost no idea

Here ya go

Ty i did take a quick look but then went out and forgot :P soz and thanks again

Sweet, any idea he made it out of by any chance :P? or anyone got any suggestions because at the moment I have almost no idea

I think that in one of the halo special editions you get a halo mask and he used balistic mesh in it or something :)

i know its a bit geeky, but the helmet in the special edition is just about big enough to fit on a cat, or a hugely disfigured young kid, (without any modification)

Should fit jake then! :P (just joking) :lol:

hehe Ive got the helmet by the way and it could probably fit on your head if you took the dvd case cover out of it (just a matter of unscrewing some screws). I assume thats what the man with the halo helmet did and then meshed it. On a slightly different note, Heroshark make their masks out of fibreglass. How do you put detail into a mask if your just using fibreglass? I was lead to believe that just fibre glassing a helmet will produce something in similar looks to bad paper mashey (no idea how to spell it, sorry) but hero shark manages to make amazingly detailed masks with it.

Archived