Airsoft Argument

AshOnSnow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, AshOnSnow said:

FOR THOSE OF YOU WONDERING, I WAS PLAYER 2

And as for the other guy getting all arsey because apparently he did me some massive favour by not “rinsing me up my back”, like I pointed out at the time, there was nothing to stop him single shotting or even double tapping me, would have been no problem. But when marshals at the briefing specifically - and make a point of saying very slowly clearly like addressing primary school kids every time - “We do not run a bang rule, single shot when close!” I see no reason to suddenly stop play start following some new made up rule that a random guy just seemed to announce out of the blue. SIngle shot when close. So I single shotted him with my pistol. And when he kicked up a massive fuss, I couldn’t be bothered with a conflict, so I just took the imaginary hit and wandered off (while he ignored mine because apparently I was already dead so it didn’t count)

But boy, this thread has gone apeshit!

tbf if you didn't call it before he moved on then it doesnt count.

in your position i'd have taken it, and thanked them for trying to be courteous, but in his position i'd have been ready to let loose if you did anything other than call.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Head Moderator
9 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

But boy, this thread has gone apeshit!

It was all in your title. "Argument" is like nepeta cataria to those crazy airsoft guys, they love it.  And you also used the word "Airsoft" which also has an emotional affect on them.  I think you may have found a formula that makes forum members curious.

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Careless said:

at my local we dont have a bang rule  [but] 99% of the time they will take [a bang] as they should

...n't.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, clumpyedge said:

Agreed, even if there is a bang rule 99% of the time I'd still try and shoot them.

+1 on this , I still think it’s shit sportsmanship though if you do get the drop on a player offer a surrender you know they’ve heard you wether by there actions/body language or verbal response but they don’t immediately acknowledge acceptance but use that moments hesitation to fire on you or even worse let you pass THEN shoot you in the back , if your not going to take it have the balls to say “no bang rule” and try and get them , don’t be a chicken shit . yes I know I’m carrying some of the fault if I don’t just shoot them problem solved , but I just think it’s more satisfying if you really do get the drop on another player (NOT shouting bang from 30ft away !) and they say “well done bud  !” and walk away . Is it really that much of a challenge to your manly god of war status to acknowledge someone was better than you ? Suppose that’s just me . 

Just now, Druid799 said:

+1 on this , I still think it’s shit sportsmanship though if you do get the drop on a player offer a surrender you know they’ve heard you wether by there actions/body language or verbal response but they don’t immediately acknowledge the offer but use that moments hesitation to fire on you or even worse let you pass THEN shoot you in the back , if your not going to take it have balls to say “no bang rule” and try and get them , don’t be a chicken shit . yes I know I’m carrying some of the fault if I don’t just shoot them problem solved , but I just think it’s more satisfying if you really do get the drop on another player (NOT shouting bang from 30ft away !) and they say “well done bud  !” and walk away . Is it really that much of a challenge to your manly god of war status to acknowledge someone was better than you ? Suppose that’s just me . 

That's usually the case for me, ill tell them there is no bang rule and try and get the first shot off. other occasions however Ill concede to them getting the drop on me if they are close enough for me not to actually be able to do anything about it. on occasion its happen to be that we've taken a 50/50 fist bumped and both walked off having a laugh over it. I've never had a bad experience doing what I've mentioned, maybe I'm lucky and just played against people that are a good sport.

• Head Moderator

Sportsmanship does count.  I have had times in the dark basement of The Mall whilst crouching in a doorway when a rifle has tapped me on the shoulder or helmet and someone has asked if I want to take the hit. They did not want to shoot me that close up and I take the hit and thank them. Same way that if I am crouching in a dark room and a player walks past without seeing me, I have option of shooting or walking behind them.  Basically that close it is like getting a knife kill. 

I have had several pistol duels where the same player from the other team and I keep meeting. Sometimes one catches the other unawares and you know who had the drop, so a quick fist bump and move on, and later have a chat in the safe zone. 

• Supporters

'kin hell, if there's no MED and an explicit no-bang rule, just shoot them and avoid this entire daft debate.

I had this a few weeks back, with a player who was adamant that they'd offered a point-blank surrender and I'd said "Yes".  Thing is, they'd done it quietly from behind a doorway in a noisy environment, and I was equally sure that I hadn't even heard them, let alone accepted.  I had made some sort of surprised verbal ejaculation, but I'd assumed they'd misfired or were out of ammo or similar, dropped the grenade in my hand intending to frag us both, it didn't go off, and debate and disagreement ensued.  I belatedly I took the hit to end it while thanking him for his consideration but requesting that next time he just shoot me if he's in a position to do so.

Honestly, I'd rather get a bruise than argue the toss.  I'm there for the former, not the latter.

2 hours ago, Druid799 said:

+1 on this , I still think it’s shit sportsmanship though if you do get the drop on a player offer a surrender you know they’ve heard you wether by there actions/body language or verbal response but they don’t immediately acknowledge acceptance but use that moments hesitation to fire on you or even worse let you pass THEN shoot you in the back , if your not going to take it have the balls to say “no bang rule” and try and get them , don’t be a chicken shit . yes I know I’m carrying some of the fault if I don’t just shoot them problem solved , but I just think it’s more satisfying if you really do get the drop on another player (NOT shouting bang from 30ft away !) and they say “well done bud  !” and walk away . Is it really that much of a challenge to your manly god of war status to acknowledge someone was better than you ? Suppose that’s just me . 

Should probably mention I drew my pistol and shot him fairly quick, he’d just continued forward shooting at other players so by the time I pulled the trigger he’d moved in front of me. I didn’t just wait for ages then pop him in the back.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Jedi_Master said:

Sportsmanship does count.  I have had times in the dark basement of The Mall whilst crouching in a doorway when a rifle has tapped me on the shoulder or helmet and someone has asked if I want to take the hit. They did not want to shoot me that close up and I take the hit and thank them.

That is definitely not me.

Don't worry to save any confusion I will always shoot you no matter how close. 

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, AshOnSnow said:

Should probably mention I drew my pistol and shot him fairly quick, he’d just continued forward shooting at other players so by the time I pulled the trigger he’d moved in front of me. I didn’t just wait for ages then pop him in the back.

doesnt matter how long it takes, if you didn't verbally acknowledge the bang kill then you were perfectly ok to try and shoot him.

his mistake was moving on assuming you'd take it, always wait for confirmation and be ready for shenanigans like that.

• Supporters

I can weigh in on this argument a touch, we played a Zombie game at a local site, I didn’t want to defend so I stood in the open trying to get shot and no bugger would shoot me...

Marshall threw a load of BBs at me in the end just to let me get back to playing. We got through most of them, got to the end 6-7 left, one was my team mate, the other my brother. 

I have run in with my Mk23, snuck around the back , put my gun up to 2 rentals, they took the “hit” and walked, shot my team mate in the arse, because that’s what you should do, shot the other 2 next to him, last guy was my brother, I put my gun up to his head(all I could see over the barrier- he’s wearing mesh face and eye pro) I have said “bang?” Resting my barrel on this eye pro, and the fucker still shoots me.(for you pedantic wankers, someone else shot the other 2 I mentioned) 

Now, the site had no bang rule, but that’s my brother, and I’m not ever going to live with myself if I had shot him and it had gone through the mesh and caused real damage,  In my opinion, I did the right thing, but, Marshall’s agreed he was in the right, and I should have shot him.

I don’t mind respawning and going back, but surely a little bit of common sense should have ensued and he should have taken it...no?

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, Prisce said:

I can weigh in on this argument a touch, we played a Zombie game at a local site, I didn’t want to defend so I stood in the open trying to get shot and no bugger would shoot me...

Marshall threw a load of BBs at me in the end just to let me get back to playing. We got through most of them, got to the end 6-7 left, one was my team mate, the other my brother. 

I have run in with my Mk23, snuck around the back , put my gun up to 2 rentals, they took the “hit” and walked, shot my team mate in the arse, because that’s what you should do, shot the other 2 next to him, last guy was my brother, I put my gun up to his head(all I could see over the barrier- he’s wearing mesh face and eye pro) I have said “bang?” Resting my barrel on this eye pro, and the fucker still shoots me.(for you pedantic wankers, someone else shot the other 2 I mentioned) 

Now, the site had no bang rule, but that’s my brother, and I’m not ever going to live with myself if I had shot him and it had gone through the mesh and caused real damage,  In my opinion, I did the right thing, but, Marshall’s agreed he was in the right, and I should have shot him.

I don’t mind respawning and going back, but surely a little bit of common sense should have ensued and he should have taken it...no?

it's a difficult one when it comes to actual injury, it's a concious decision you make and if it means getting hit yourself so be it.

like the chap i mentioned earlier who nearly got a face full of my m4, but i decided i'd rather get hit by his mates than risk injuring him. in fairness he took the hit (and was maybe walking a bit funny on the way back to spawn after the shock :P ) but in the delay i ended up getting hit. 

of course in retrospect i should have drawn my pistol and given him one from that.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

Wasn’t accusing you bud , just as I said before this is a classic example of one of those topics where players have strong feelings on it and your just never going to change there mind over it .👍

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Prisce said:

If you’ve got genuine concerns that your gun might be able to shoot through the mesh then get your brother some new eye pro. 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Prisce said:

Ahh see your bringing an antiquated concept in to the argument as well now , common sense ! 😱

NOW that’s a thing that’s disappearing from society quicker that the Ozone layer ! 🤦‍♂️

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

If you’ve got genuine concerns that your gun might be able to shoot through the mesh then get your brother some new eye pro. 

It’s more a What If, and to be fair, mesh/goggles/face mask, I’m not shooting anyone when my barrel is resting on your nose.

I did buy him some locusts, but he prefers mesh and is happy with it. Can’t get him to change his mind.

Ill always stay on the side of Rather Safe than Sorry when it comes to someone else’s safety, me on the other hand, risk is all part of the fun.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

players have strong feelings on it and your just never going to change there mind over it .👍

Exactly, irrespective of site rules, some of us just feel its an honourable way of playing, it is an honesty based game after all.

First few years of playing, all the sites I played observed a bang rule, now whether that was because maybe technically less was known about the potential for injury, or maybe it was the "done thing", I dunno ?, but I've always been fine with it,  ethically always felt right & personally I never had nowt to prove, been there done that, so playing has always just been about the fun side.

9 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

...n't.

, i should of worded it better ,  i  rushed it at the end...

20 hours ago, Careless said:

if its a new player or 1st timer then idd give them that courtesy as 99% of the time they will take it as they should  ,

99% of the time they will accept the surrender as they know you had them dead to rights and saved them some pain ,

• Supporters
36 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

,My next gun:

11gun2.gif

Lol, I remember stuff like that when I was a sprog (a long time ago), id buy another now just for the craic at games😁

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

My next gun:

11gun2.gif

Sure you man enough for it ? 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Sure you man enough for it ? 

I'd have to use a two handed grip to cope with the recoil, you know what it's like at OUR age, prob have brittle bones or something :P

Archived