Airsoft Argument

AshOnSnow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

"Getting physical". First off lol. Second off no. It's just stupid this is a game where we shoot each other with toy guns not simulate war. If I played at a site and there was a twat trying to disarm everyone either I or him would be leaving. I play the game to shoot people not wrestle in close quarters with sad middle aged men.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, whynotw4lk said:

Personally, I'd find reenacting the knife scene from saving private ryan absolutely hilarious. However I completely agree with the only physical contact verbally consented to being knife melee taps and a light tap on the shoulder. Would never do it myself though, playing catch the assault charge lottery isnt high on my list of priorities.

I am also fully in the camp of player 2. Rules are rules accept responsibility when you decide to make up your own to be nice and it's not reciprocated.

I'd find it even better if someone threw their helmet at me and then a pistol comes flying over... Heaven. 

Edit: which bloody one were you. Christ.

6 hours ago, Tackle said:

Marshalls obviously a Dick, & I'm pretty sure he'd change his tune if he had to stand up in court & defend that viewpoint, especially if it concerned subsequent abh/gbh/affray type charges, all of which can command hefty custodial sentences.

As for airsoft being a FULL CONTACT sport, is it fuck, take it to any sites insurers & ask them about liability coverage if the site organisers stated that, either verbally or via site pages etc, the insurers would likely withdraw any coverage on the spot.

I played real contact sports professionally, insurance became a necessity in order protect against cases in the event of serious injuries, for both civil & criminal proceedings.

If anybody connected to, or involved with any registered site & encourages or endorses physical contact beyond a pat on the shoulder, they'd be a dumb motherfucker.

@OP, certainly picked a suitable title for this thread, opened a big can of worms.

So, were you player one or player two ?

Agreed with me that it was wrong, against the rules, and not reasonable behaviour. I didn't say it was an automatic crime.

This has a very similar feel to the debate around throbbing donkey at the moment in which his latest video he thrusts his pistol against the side of a guys head with finger on trigger and uses him as a human shield while shooting the guys team mates in front of him, at no point can in the brief or sign in (having played at the site) do you agree to be grabbed and used as a human shield.

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Aengus said:

sad middle aged men.

Who you calling a man 😜

3 hours ago, Sacarathe said:

Agreed with me that it was wrong, against the rules, and not reasonable behaviour. I didn't say it was an automatic crime.

In a "sport" where adrenaline is high, tempers are often frayed, & testosterone is overflowing, Marshalls (essentially referees !), have to be on top of their game, this nanny snowdrop state we currently abide in seems to be looking to target anything controversial, which includes "nutters running around guns assaulting each other", I can see the headlines already

1 hour ago, clumpyedge said:

This has a very similar feel to the debate around throbbing donkey at the moment in which his latest video he thrusts his pistol against the side of a guys head with finger on trigger and uses him as a human shield while shooting the guys team mates in front of him, at no point can in the brief or sign in (having played at the site) do you agree to be grabbed and used as a human shield.

Bit of horseplay between genuine mates is fine, but if a bloke you've never met & dont know from Adam pulls that shit, its on like donkey Kong lol.

Just now, Tackle said:

Bit of horseplay between genuine mates is fine, but if a bloke you've never met & dont know from Adam pulls that shit, its on like donkey Kong lol.

Agreed, this however wasn't genuine horseplay it seems. Could be wrong and he may know the guy but I highly doubt it considering how he winces as the barrel is put into his temple 😂

I'd be impressed if you disarmed me (as long as my rif didn't sustain damage or break my fingers).

Also if there's no bang rule, I don't care how close you shot me as long as it wasn't with a sniper/DMR and a crutch or face shot.

If the above happened I'd be more annoyed I allowed you to get that close.

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

In a "sport" where adrenaline is high, tempers are often frayed, & testosterone is overflowing, Marshalls (essentially referees !), have to be on top of their game, this nanny snowdrop state we currently abide in seems to be looking to target anything controversial, which includes "nutters running around guns assaulting each other", I can see the headlines already

Afraid I don't follow. 😛

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Sacarathe said:

Afraid I don't follow. 😛

Lol, did I get it arse about face, apologies if I did, I thought I was responding to a "marshal encouraging full contact" type post ?, tbh I feel like I've been trolled, quite a few of the posts within this thread have "rattled my chain", think I need to withdraw from the chat before I go postal :blink:

10 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Lol, did I get it arse about face, apologies if I did, I thought I was responding to a "marshal encouraging full contact" type post ?, tbh I feel like I've been trolled, quite a few of the posts within this thread have "rattled my chain", think I need to withdraw from the chat before I go postal :blink:

I was saying that the marshal would have had words with the player in question about their reaching out and moving my muzzle before shooting me - as it was rather unsportsmanlike play. I declined to follow up - I tend to be overcautious on the reporting other players, but I rarely point the finger at a specific guy. 

I figure its better that marshals are aware of all funny business so that if multiple players report something they can follow up on it sooner rather than later. Plus, for some stuff you run the risk of the marshals not doing anything until it gets "really bad", which just spoils everyone's day.

EDIT:

For example at the mall, I always used to self report myself, so that if any other players reported me the staff could find me, and know that I understood and we could all get on with it faster. I received several "do it again and you're xx" warnings as a result, but that's better than the marshals hunting down the only guy in AOR2 to have words. I don't take myself out of play of course, I just self report (after the game or when dead) to avoid being brought up. 

There was one occasion, I can't fully recall it now, but I broke one of the big rules at the mall, I went to Luke after the game to see if the other guy had reported me. You know it's funny I can't remember what I did but I can remember Luke saying commenting on my demeanour of minor shaking/stuttering (it was one of those rules which players do get sent home over).

Being dressed distinctively comes with some extra responsibility no?

3 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Is there a link to this video?

Cheers

G

• Supporters

Link straight to the incident.

Feel free to push your gun into his face with your finger on the trigger, I guess.

Just now, Rogerborg said:

Link straight to the incident.

Feel free to push your gun into his face with your finger on the trigger, I guess.

cheers mate :)

Also i dont quite get the thumb nail vs description, the guy that shot him isn't cheating its a guy later in the video who he pelts in the helmet with 9 shots 😕

33 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

cheers mate :)

Also i dont quite get the thumb nail vs description, the guy that shot him isn't cheating its a guy later in the video who he pelts in the helmet with 9 shots 😕

It's called clickbait.

I saw this video and thought it was quite rough how he put the gun into the guys head..

Just now, Robert James said:

It's called clickbait.

I saw this video and thought it was quite rough how he put the gun into the guys head..

I know its clickbait but at the same time you'd think someone in the public eye would also have a bit more decorum about them, posting cheating videos doesn't do the sport any good at all in my opinion.

Just now, clumpyedge said:

I know its clickbait but at the same time you'd think someone in the public eye would also have a bit more decorum about them, posting cheating videos doesn't do the sport any good at all in my opinion.

It doesn't but that's how you get views and comments etc. People want to see it. 

Just now, Robert James said:

It doesn't but that's how you get views and comments etc. People want to see it. 

I think the last thing I'd want to see getting into the sport is how many people cheat and how they cheat, but then maybe that's just me. also the person filming is only showing you what they want you to see not always the whole story....

1 hour ago, clumpyedge said:

I think the last thing I'd want to see getting into the sport is how many people cheat and how they cheat, but then maybe that's just me. also the person filming is only showing you what they want you to see not always the whole story....

Oh I agree, however, clicky ma linky and see just by typing in Airsoft into YouTube search, how many Cheat/Fight/BS there is. Unfortunately, people DO want to see it, and it makes videos get lots of views, plus loads of comments which means they get onto YouTube algorithm of - oh this video must be doing well. So more people see it. 

It's crap, but it's how it is on YouTube. 

Btw, NOT a fan of Clickbait myself, but I did clicky his viddy, as did others

• Supporters

I'd be happier if we did away with the knives altogether, instead add a comic element & used a blow up dildo or banana, something surreal with absolutely no dangerous connotations.

I mean, not only would I give utmost respect to a guy who sneaks up on me, I'm not gonna get the hump if he belts me with an inflatable, the only real risk to my health would be me cracking a rib from laughing so much😅

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Tackle said:

I'd be happier if we did away with the knives altogether, instead add a comic element & used a blow up dildo or banana, something surreal with absolutely no dangerous connotations.

I mean, not only would I give utmost respect to a guy who sneaks up on me, I'm not gonna get the hump if he belts me with an inflatable, the only real risk to my health would be me cracking a rib from laughing so much😅

I use a squeaky pig he is called Hambo Porkinator 😁

24 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Every time my team Goes to the mall we take toy mererkats for knife kills

at my local we dont have a bang rule  , you can ask/say surrender if you have them in that position and theres people that would appreciate that courtesy as they know you saved them some pain but theres the other type of player that wont say anything and turn and fight there way out of it  as you dont have to surrender,  you have to agree to surrending for that to work ...so  mostly its much easier and quicker just to single shot them and move on but if its a new player or 1st timer then idd give them that courtesy as 99% of the time they will take it as they should  ,

FOR THOSE OF YOU WONDERING, I WAS PLAYER 2

And as for the other guy getting all arsey because apparently he did me some massive favour by not “rinsing me up my back”, like I pointed out at the time, there was nothing to stop him single shotting or even double tapping me, would have been no problem. But when marshals at the briefing specifically - and make a point of saying very slowly clearly like addressing primary school kids every time - “We do not run a bang rule, single shot when close!” I see no reason to suddenly stop play start following some new made up rule that a random guy just seemed to announce out of the blue. SIngle shot when close. So I single shotted him with my pistol. And when he kicked up a massive fuss, I couldn’t be bothered with a conflict, so I just took the imaginary hit and wandered off (while he ignored mine because apparently I was already dead so it didn’t count)

But boy, this thread has gone apeshit!

Archived