Airsoft Argument

AshOnSnow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Think this is another one of those neither black nor white topics , your going to get players who really do believe there side of it is right and not change there mind about it . 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I would have taken the hit - but thats me.  

No bang rule (a rule I hate anyway), it was briefed as such - player 2 is right all day long.

15 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Think this is another one of those neither black nor white topics , your going to get players who really do believe there side of it is right and not change there mind about it . 

I think there is a clear consensus for - take the hit if offered the chance but otherwise just shoot them

Definitely Player 2's side for me. I typically don't take a surrender unless they could have knife killed me (if they had one)
Playing to shoot at people and be shot back at. If I'm 10ft away then we are both fair game to a bb.

I had a similar experience where I was with a group of my team, and this one lone enemy player stepped out behind a tree and shouted "surrender" at me... Easily 15ft away.
I said "just shoot because theres 10 guys here ready to shoot you back"
This led to him getting angry that I didn't take the surrender, and that briefly ended 20 seconds later when he was hosed down by literally everyone there 😂

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Player two is correct here.

There's no bang rule on that site. So anyone using the bang rule may as be using finger pistols.

You don't have to light someone in a hail of BBs, one shot in the arse cheek or back or the calf is all it takes.

Plus it's part of the game.. you've all paid the same money to play a game under the understanding that you are going to get shot and shoot others.

If you're not shooting the other team, surely it's just hide and seek or manhunt?

I'd be with Player Two here. I'm not a fan of bang/surrender being forced at sites, but when it's done as an option, I think it's common sense to keep your gun on them til their hand is up. Otherwise you're just inviting someone to shoot you in the back. 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Looks like its just you & me Tony 😉

d60099294dea0ba07f46171fe218a6b9--real-life-living.jpg

• Supporters
29 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Looks like its just you & me Tony 😉

Yup , looks like different generation different interpretations of what’s fair play ?

832667F7-62AC-4900-B2D0-0A5AEC69738C.jpeg

I dont agree with a bang rule in general, as Lewis said its just gun fingers or cowboys and indians from when we were 9 years old.

However I am a wimp and have surrendered plenty of times when faced with a gun in my face or pressed into my back, or when a 7ft scary ass dude at the mall gets too close :D  

Same way people have surrendered when I have been on a super stealthy attack at the Mall. 

All times, Hits have been called with shouts of well played, no one has turned around and shot me (yet)

15 hours ago, Sacarathe said:

I've surrendered many players, and often they don't respond properly and get shot, my personal rule is that if a play doesn't call hit, they're not out. 

Given that 10ft is quite a distance, I'd side with player two. You need to be much closer than that in airsoft. I appreciate you see airsoft as a simulation and thus may attempt to apply real gun theoretical physics, but if a real gun can miss at 10ft an airsoft gun definitely can.

The only time I ever got truly angry with another player was during a pointblank confrontation in which both of us were facing each other around 2 ft and the other player grabbed my muzzle and moved it, and then shot me. Naturally I complained that airsoft is not a contact sport... 

Ahh I had a similar situation a little while back where I disarmed someone and shot them with their own gun. Got a good fist bump out of that one. Then again, briefing does say full contact on all sites games.

Definitely take the shot at 10ft. I've had times where the marshal laughed as someone tried to bang kill me at that distance.

As we've all seen before, Player 1 might of had no ammo, could of gassed out or missed the shot.

The bang takes away any chance of that happen but should only used to avoid close up injuries, like bumping into a corner in CQB.

You're not going to have a serious injury at 10feet, especially if their back is turned and you pop them below the chest/neck.

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, AshOnSnow said:

Ahh I had a similar situation a little while back where I disarmed someone and shot them with their own gun. Got a good fist bump out of that one. Then again, briefing does say full contact on all sites games.

Calling bullshit on that lol

10 hours ago, Druid799 said:

6 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Haha call bullshit if you like, I had a good laugh about it with the other player on the day, he did sort of let me do it because I didn’t want to hurt him. On the XMas game I was in a building with someone who had a rubber knife and we ended up reenacting the  the knife scene from saving private Ryan as he killed me, that was funny 😂. If you can’t have a bit of over the top fun with airsoft, what’s the point?

as for the rules bit, their very own disclaimer we all sign below. Again, it’s about not being a dick, and if someone has fun doing something fancy, just play along and have a fist bump at the end. Best game all round for everyone.

CA6BF1EF-898F-4E08-9DAA-40855EF2B581.png

2 minutes ago, AshOnSnow said:

Just now, ImTriggerHappy said:

What site does full contact?!

3 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

What site does full contact?!

Rift - pasted above. Obviously you don’t start punching and kicking people, I take full contact as an opportunity to have just have fun with people at close range. Giggity 😂

Just now, AshOnSnow said:

Rift - pasted above. Obviously you don’t start punching and kicking people, I take full contact as an opportunity to have just have fun with people at close range. Giggity 😂

Interesting, I wonder where the line is drawn on that.

1 minute ago, clumpyedge said:

Interesting, I wonder where the line is drawn on that.

IMO my line is this: the minute one of you stops having fun, the other one as crossed that line. If you get close enough to someone you can disarm them safely and “kill” them, fun. Close enough to start playing out melee scenes from movies, fun. Hurting someone to score a hit, douchebag.

IMO my line is this: the minute one of you stops having fun, the other one as crossed that line. If you get close enough to someone you can disarm them safely and “kill” them, fun. Close enough to start playing out melee scenes from movies, fun. Hurting someone to score a hit, douchebag.

Thats a fair comment, Playing devils advocate though is other peoples perception of said line would differ massively. Who can define another players level of comfort/fun, obviously playing a sport like this you should have a fair level of excepting discomfort to an extent but I have seen my share of people who would probably wince at even a game of tag (which makes me wonder why they chose to play airsoft in the first place)

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I would not be ok with someone trying to take one of my weapons from me.

I'm poor as hell, I can't afford to replace stuff due to clumsy Operator wannabes. 

If some bumblenut tried to take a pistol from my holster for example and it fell on the floor and broke or got damaged I'd be fucking fuming.

Or, what if they tried to grab the gun by the red dot and damaged it? 

Or pull on the tracer unit and fuck the threads inside?

5 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

I'm poor as hell, I can't afford to replace stuff due to clumsy Operator wannabes. 

If some bumblenut tried to take a pistol from my holster for example and it fell on the floor and broke or got damaged I'd be fucking fuming.

These were my thoughts, if someone "accidentally" broke something of mine due to them disarming me can I then invoice them to replace/fix after all that would be the gentlemanly thing to do if you broke someones equipment. Likewise where would I stand if someone was a bit heavy handed and I didn't like the way they did it but they refused to apologize etc because its "a full contact sport" in those defined rules, where do you draw the line on contact and assault when everyone's perception is different to what would be considered fair game?

6 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

I’m with you.. cold, dead hands spring to mind. 

6 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

These were my thoughts, if someone "accidentally" broke something of mine due to them disarming me can I then invoice them to replace/fix after all that would be the gentlemanly thing to do if you broke someones equipment. Likewise where would I stand if someone was a bit heavy handed and I didn't like the way they did it but they refused to apologize etc because its "a full contact sport" in those defined rules, where do you draw the line on contact and assault when everyone's perception is different to what would be considered fair game?

If I accidentally broke something, I’d obviously pay to replace it if it wasn’t insured, if it was I’d cover any excess. Again, all falls down to being sensible - if you choose to disarm someone with loads of expensive accessories and a PTW, have the bank to pay for it if you break it.

If I accidentally broke something, I’d obviously pay to replace it if it wasn’t insured, if it was I’d cover any excess. Again, all falls down to being sensible - if you choose to disarm someone with loads of expensive accessories and a PTW, have the bank to pay for it if you break it.

I like the fact you have that kind of ethos but unfortunately some people don't.

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

I like the fact you have that kind of ethos but unfortunately some people don't.

this is true, hence why i only lend guns to folks i know won't break them, well, at least that they won't return with a broken gun that wouldn't have broken if i'd been fielding it.....

Archived