Airsoft Forums UK

6 minutes ago, proffrink said:

I'm not going to bring up the tired, off-topic story of HPA again but it looks like you've posed my argument for me anyway in the second half of your post :D

indeed, it's just the scapegoat system to describe people bending the rules, i must say hpa's are pretty popular round here and so far there's only been 1 or 2 i've seen (or more correctly heard) mag dumping people at 70rps. most folks just sit in a bush and use the accuracy to snipe people.

So I played at Stormforce today, turns out that although they miss off Joule creep on spring snipers.

Their insurance does not cover gas/co2/hpa running at 350+fps due to joule creep.

They also limit the full auto hpa guns to 320fps to take joule creep into account.

And the site owner admitted that they want to do joules, but it was so much hassle when they tried because 200+ people was just too much for their 2 chronoes and conversions on a chart (takes 3 hours to chrono everyone on .2s on a busy day due to laziness from players 😂😂)

So yeah, I guess a blanket ban on the 350+ on gas snipers, and a 320 limit for full auto is better than nothing.

Not exactly a solution to the idea, but much more than most sites.

9 hours ago, LightningCh said:

So I played at Stormforce today, turns out that although they miss off Joule creep on spring snipers.

Their insurance does not cover gas/co2/hpa running at 350+fps due to joule creep.

They also limit the full auto hpa guns to 320fps to take joule creep into account.

And the site owner admitted that they want to do joules, but it was so much hassle when they tried because 200+ people was just too much for their 2 chronoes and conversions on a chart (takes 3 hours to chrono everyone on .2s on a busy day due to laziness from players 😂😂)

So yeah, I guess a blanket ban on the 350+ on gas snipers, and a 320 limit for full auto is better than nothing.

Not exactly a solution to the idea, but much more than most sites.

Maybe they should charge more money, more chronographs, less players, win win.

50 minutes ago, Sacarathe said:

Maybe they should charge more money, more chronographs, less players, win win.

Wouldn't be the same experience then tbh. They recently finished paying off the loan from setting up, so now more money will be going into the site (which has already happened, they have updated a couple structures since my last visit).

But in all honesty, im not fussed, its an enjoyable site, 125 v 125 is quite hilarious when you have to defend one single building 😂