TM / CYMA Glock 030 G18c AEP Upgrades

nathan13n
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

After hours of trying to find some information about why my Cyma 18c was shooting so shit chronoing between 140-150 fps where all reviews I'm seeing are saying 200 easy. This is somewhat don't believe as these guns aren't built very well. while sorting out the poor FPS I wanted to upgrade it a little just so it would shoot better, Nothing too amazing or over the top money wise as it was a cheap gun in the first place. 

Airseal 

First thing I started to work on was the air seal as 150 which is 50fps less then it supposed to me lead me to believe the air seal was way off from being a 100% so my aim was to replace the o rings and see what increase I could get I was aiming for between 155 and 160 fps from correcting the air seal. 

Below are all the o rings that I used correcting the air seal 

Piston Head - 18 x 2mm

Cylinder head - 18 x 1 mm

Nozzle - 6 x 1 mm

Spring Guide - 2.5 x 1 mm

I also used some Teflon tape on the Cylinder get as much air volume through the cylinder without losing it. In total, I paid £8 for o rings mainly because I had to buy them in more than just singles and £5 for Teflon tape but ended up with 5 rolls. This raised my overall FPS of 165 - 168 on average which gave me a decent increase of 9.5% which is fairly good price you would be able to do do this much cheaper if you can source the Teflon tape and o rings cheaper I do have so much left over I will make air seal sets and sell them on here for £5 which includes all the o rings and Teflon tape. 

Barrel Extension and Flash Hider 

The stock inner barrel isn't the greatest as most stock inner barrels arent it comes in as 6.08mm so the same as on AEG, if you get a small diameter inner barrel, so a 6,03 - 6.01mm and put more air behind the BB you should get a slight bump in FPS and maybe a small increase in range. If you want to keep your Glock standard without adding an extra extender onto the front then you will need a 105mm barrel Laylax do a very nice inner barrel for between £24 and 28 depending on where you get it from PDI also do a 6.01mm for around the same price the PDI raven is the one that I used since I was going for a Glock Lone wolf look I got the 121mm Barrel. I 3D printed a little extension to go on the front of my gun to hide the barrel extending out the front. If you use the PDI raven you need to modify the standard bucking a little bit and remove the line on the inside of the hop up rubber if you don't you will get a decrease as air seal will be poor. I also wrapped the bucking in some Teflon tape just to make sure air seal was 100%.

After testing my fps did go up slightly from the previous 165-168 fps to 186-188 average which gave me a nice increase of 11%. I do have the 3D print file for the lone wolf extension I made that I can send you on request for you to print yourself or get Shapeways to print for you. 

Spacers 

Depending on how much power you want you can space out the spring using spacers on the bottom of the spring guide. I used two 3mm Spacers on the spring guide and it did give me a nice bump this helped the overall fps on the stock spring. Price wise I'm not too sure what this cost as u just used 3mm o rings that I had let set with super glue to make them stiff. You would get a better result if you used something made from hard plastic. 

After testing my fps did go up slightly from the previous 186-188 fps to 193-194 average which gave me a minor increase of 3%.

plan on getting around 220/230 which I think for a pistol is respectable especially for something this cheap. I got the spring for £8 so not too expensive I believe the spring and the airs seal upgrades would be the most worthwhile upgrades. I will update this one done. 

Bearings 

Since I will be upgrading the FPS past the factor limits the bearings themselves which are only plastic I will be upgrading to metals ones. One because the plastic ones are known to distort under pressure and two if you are running stock springs the free-flowing bearing would give you a slight increase in the rate of fire due to lower resistance. 

The bearings for AEP due to them being a rarity to find so Eagle 6 sell a set of Nine ball bearings for £26 , Fire support do a set of Kanzen for £18.50 which is a bit better which I think is a bit over the top for what they are. I measured the bearings and they come in at

Thickness 2.5mm 

Outer Diameter 6.05mm

Inner Diameter 2.55mm

when you search bearing in this size you get F682xzz bearings I bought a set of 10 for £12.50 just for quick shipping but they do a set a lot cheaper if your willing to hold wait a few weeks to get them. I will Try these once they arrive and drop an update to how the rate of fire increased At the moment at 194 fps I have a RPS of 10 with stock bearings and 175 fps I had a RPS of 12 with stock bearings 

09/07/18 - Bearing Review 

IMG_0072.jpg

SO these bearing fit perfectly,  they drop in I would suggest using a bit of super glue on the edge of the bearing to hold it down. IOnce this is done you will see an instant response in performance once together. Now I'm just saying you will see an increase in RPS but it's not going to be dramatic unless you change the motor. the results I saw was

175 fps  - 15 a 22% improvement 

194 fps -  12 a 26% improvement 

I brought this more for the increasing resistance to damage compared to plastic ones that can oval and a slight bump in RPS is cool with me I will update once the nine ball spring is in. The bearing if you are buying are  F682xzz you need 8 so the cheaper you can get them the better I paid £12.50 so were cheaper then the aep named brand equivalent and perform well. 

Lipo Conversion 

The standard batteries are horrible lack power and are expensive and since I'm going to be pulling a stronger spring I want a bit more umpph through the motor but nothing crazy the 7.4 lipo that people use on HPA systems fits perfectly so go that you can run two of these in series to double MAH. I run one as I'm in the midst of making an internal tracer unit that would run off the other battery. to do the conversion you can get a battery from hobby king at £6 and a set of JST leads I got a pack of 100 for a £15 you can buy the singular for way cheaper. on stock bearings, I got a nice increase in FPS 

IMG_20180622_003027.jpg

The black stuff on the top is surgu as I was seeing if I could create a better air seal which increased it by 2fps but not great I will use black hot glue when I work on my internal tracer unit. 

175 FPS - 15 RPS

191FPS - 12 RPS

IMG_20180621_081034.jpg

Nineball Spring 

The Nineball spring gave me the boost I wanted so it is a little stiffer so I cleaned out the gearbox shimmed, regreased with some PTFE grease and installed the spring wrapped the piston head in some Teflon tape. Put everything back together I could squeeze even more fps but changing the piston, cylinder and spring guide but that cost too much and would give me minimal increase. after the spring upgrade, I'm getting 233-235fps was better than all the mods. 

IMG_0127.jpg

Internal Tracer unit 

So I have updated this doing the hutu unit in the pistol a little bit differently i added a clear window onto the back of the mag and wired up a single UV led and as you can see I'm getting a decent brightness and in the video below you can see it working well I need to get better videos but that will be done shortly bit its working I just need to get my pistol trigger bar in and we will see how well this work. will try and get a better video shortly when I grab a better camera. still working out the niggles so this will be updated shortly. 

IMG_0131.jpgIMG_0130.jpg

Better Video 

Hope this helped any questions just drop them below, will be updating shortly 

Pistol Completed 

Overall I went from 140 at its lowest to 233 at its lowest now. That's an overall 39% increase for £61 which is a little bit more than the gun but you should be able to source the parts for a little bit lower then I paid as I just picked the one that would be delivered the quickest. I will get round to trying out a Hutu upgrade and let you know how it goes. 

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

• Supporters

Brilliant, thanks for the detailed information.  The stock nylon bushings are indeed an obvious weak point, and I'd definitely agree with going lipo.

What I don't understand is why your gun was shooting so cold to begin with.  My CM.123 was 200fps out of the box, and with a substantially cut down Eagle 6 spring is now consistent at 220fps with just a bit of teflon tape round the cylinder head and all the stock o-rings.  I did stretch the piston head ring over the cylinder and heat it up to get it nice and slack.

Given how cheap these guns are, I'm moderately tempted to throw one into my next TaiwanGun / GunFire order purely as a project to see how much they can be tweaked.

The internal tracer is intriguing.  I've seen a chap who put two LEDs inside his gun, although I'm not sure how they're hitting the BB. They're always on rather than triggered when it fires, he reckons the draw is so small that they might as well be constant.

I have no clue a few people had told me there cyma 030 shoots at 200 stock, so I think I just got a lemon bought it about 2 years ago the low fps was annoying me but I didn't have any tech ability so I left it and started to do it recently and just realised how expensive it was. I got idea that is two uv leds constant one wired into a battery of its own. and modifying the mags to add a see-through window od the uv rays hits the bbs. I will be trying it at some point within the next few weeks so fingers crossed. They are definitely cheap and fun to work on do it man. 

Archived