Airsoft Forums UK
Sign in to follow this  
Duff

Marking Content Read - Subsections

Is it possible to;

Mark one forum subsection as read, leaving the rest as "unread"?

I would like to be able to mark ONLY the Classifieds as read, yet hit the "unread content" button to see new posts that are not in that section?

Just an example of how I would use this feature, sure it couild be used in many ways. I mainly want to not always see classifieds because people keep putting cheap pistols up and I am trying NOT to spend money.

This might get similar results:

https://airsoft-forums.uk/discover/?do=create

You can actually make your own 'activity stream' under the drop down that's under 'activity'. This will allow you to filter out the classifieds.

I might see about making a default one that filters out all classifieds content too as spamming up the 'unread content' is annoying.

To mark a subforum as read there should be a button at the top right. For example: https://airsoft-forums.uk/forum/13-latest-news/

screenshot-airsoft-forums.uk-2018-07-07-12-41-06.png

Posted (edited)

Thanks for that. I did look at that but using it isn't very intuitive to me. Tried using it but it didn't seem to respond all that well.

When I hit "mark forum as read" it marks everything as read, not just the forum I am viewing.

Edit: Aparently it works fine now. (marking sub-sections as read) Tried that before and it didn't seem to work. Strange...

Edited by Duff

OK @proffrink it now does not seem to work again. I singled out one post out of five new ones, 2 of which were classifieds. I clicked Mark as read which in turn removed all new topic posts in Unread Content.