Taco style pistol mag pouch recommendations required.

Seven
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Anyone got any recommendations for molle taco style pouch brands/manufacturers and/or locations to purchase? Im on the hunt.

Must be available in both black and multicam or plain olive and must be of the variety that hold themselves fully open at the mouth when no mag is present for ease of insertion with one hand and of course have a retention system I can trust.

Cheers!

Side question. How about a 40mm grende pouch for a BFG? Nothing special just a strong, well made pouch, preferably without velcro closure polymer buckle or metal fasteners preferred.

Cheers again!

11 minutes ago, Seven said:

Anyone got any recommendations for molle taco style pouch brands/manufacturers and/or locations to purchase? Im on the hunt.

Must be available in both black and multicam or plain olive and must be of the variety that hold themselves fully open at the mouth when no mag is present for ease of insertion with one hand and of course have a retention system I can trust.

Cheers!

Side question. How about a 40mm grende pouch for a BFG? Nothing special just a strong, well made pouch, preferably without velcro closure polymer buckle or metal fasteners preferred.

Cheers again!

I like the 8fields pouches from Taiwan gun, there dirt cheap too. 

I use a viper grenade pouch for my BFG, does its job well but it is a velcro opening 

13 minutes ago, Seven said:

Cheers!

<Snip>

I recently bought a proper High Speed Gear Extended Pistol Taco in black, and it ticks those requirements although expensive (£35 for one from tacticalkit). The retention system wont let my TM Hi Capa 50 rd mag fall out through shaking and it's inserted easily with one hand. Worth looking at imo.

1 hour ago, P13 said:

I like the 8fields pouches from Taiwan gun, there dirt cheap too. 

I use a viper grenade pouch for my BFG, does its job well but it is a velcro opening 

Those are certainly at an agreeable price. Do they hold themselves open at the mouth? Nice strong retention?

Im always skeptical when things are priced so 'well'. I've been burnt too many times trying to cut corners and costs. Now I don't mind paying more for the peace of mind on reliable stuff.

1 hour ago, LightningCh said:

I recently bought a proper High Speed Gear Extended Pistol Taco in black, and it ticks those requirements although expensive (£35 for one from tacticalkit). The retention system wont let my TM Hi Capa 50 rd mag fall out through shaking and it's inserted easily with one hand. Worth looking at imo.

Excellent, thank you! I'll add them to my consideration list. I've heard nothing but praise for HSG so if needs be I'll splash the cash.

41 minutes ago, M_P said:

Don't get the viper ones, they're crap

Nuprol and warrior assault systems ones are solid 

Thanks, I'll check them out!

5 hours ago, Seven said:

Those are certainly at an agreeable price. Do they hold themselves open at the mouth? Nice strong retention?

Im always skeptical when things are priced so 'well'. I've been burnt too many times trying to cut corners and costs. Now I don't mind paying more for the peace of mind on reliable stuff.

Excellent, thank you! I'll add them to my consideration list. I've heard nothing but praise for HSG so if needs be I'll splash the cash.

Thanks, I'll check them out!

8 fields for the money is tough to beat, great price for what you actually get. I’ve always found the quality to be excellent. I do have a condor rig, and comparing pouch quality I have to say on par, 8 fields is of better quality than viper too from my experience

Ive done both 3 loadouts now with predominantly 8fields pouches

24 minutes ago, P13 said:

8 fields for the money is tough to beat, great price for what you actually get. I’ve always found the quality to be excellent. I do have a condor rig, and comparing pouch quality I have to say on par, 8 fields is of better quality than viper too from my experience

The main thing is... Do they hold themselves open so I don't have to fumble and wiggle a mag to get it in with one hand? They don't relax and close up when they are empty?

And the retention force is decent?

If so I can always pick 1 up at that price and if I like it I can load up with a full order.

If I don't like them then I think im gonna be going with HSGI or WAS.

Probably HSGI to be honest. And not quite as bad as I was expecting on price... About £28 a pouch.

Nothing compared to 8fields price though... I hope 8fields suit me, I really do! At least if they last me a year till I can upgrade later.

Being new to the hobby I have alot of stuff to buy and consider so if I can run cheaper stuff that gets the same job done for a short time it will buy me time to upgrade my kit slowly.

2 hours ago, Seven said:

The main thing is... Do they hold themselves open so I don't have to fumble and wiggle a mag to get it in with one hand? They don't relax and close up when they are empty?

And the retention force is decent?

If so I can always pick 1 up at that price and if I like it I can load up with a full order.

If I don't like them then I think im gonna be going with HSGI or WAS.

Probably HSGI to be honest. And not quite as bad as I was expecting on price... About £28 a pouch.

Nothing compared to 8fields price though... I hope 8fields suit me, I really do! At least if they last me a year till I can upgrade later.

Being new to the hobby I have alot of stuff to buy and consider so if I can run cheaper stuff that gets the same job done for a short time it will buy me time to upgrade my kit slowly.

8fields will serve you well, they hold the mags well and are easy to extract. I don’t have any single tacos here to hand, but I do have a double open top with retaining cord, I could send you a video showing quality if you like ? 

Also have a few other pouches so you can see quality across the ranges? 

I actually spent some time earlier googling to see if I could find anyting, ended up on Pinterest and now I want this:

plush_pencilcase_taco_1_650.jpg

19 hours ago, M_P said:

Don't get the viper ones, they're crap

Nuprol and warrior assault systems ones are solid 

My viper pouches piss over the /nuprol ones i bought, chucked the nuprol ones away they were that bad!

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Albiscuit said:

My viper pouches piss over the /nuprol ones i bought, chucked the nuprol ones away they were that bad!

Oh really? I wonder if one of the two have changed their products recently or something then? I bought some viper ones a couple of weeks ago as i need some quickly and they wouldn't retain anything, sent them back and got some Nuprol ones and you'd struggle to tell them from my WAS ones 😂

That's the issue with cheaper lower quality stuff I guess, the consistency can vary wildly!

1 minute ago, M_P said:

That's the issue with cheaper lower quality stuff I guess, the consistency can vary wildly!

This, totally this..

We know Nuprol rebrand and I wouldnt be surprised if Viper did too.. 

Viper has split this forum loads over the time I have been here, loads of haters as its a cheaper brand and wont entertain buying or reccommend due to one bad pouch etc but then loads of players like me who have had certain items for ages and dont intend to replace them soon...

Luck of the draw I guess, with rubbish consistency and varying manufacturing techniques. 

I'll have a chat with my One Tigirs rep about starting production on some taco pencil cases.

16 hours ago, P13 said:

8fields will serve you well, they hold the mags well and are easy to extract. I don’t have any single tacos here to hand, but I do have a double open top with retaining cord, I could send you a video showing quality if you like ? 

Also have a few other pouches so you can see quality across the ranges? 

Nah, no need to go to that effort for a pouch dude. If they perform as you say I'll buy one of the 8fields ones and test it before I fully gear up on them, not gonna cry over a few quid for a single pouch if I don't like it.

If I like them I'll be as happy as a pig in shit. If they perform the job well enough but im not keen then I'll probably run them for a while till I can upgrade down the line.

Cheers for the heads up on them though, for sure I'll be giving them a chance. I'll let you know how I get on.

i bought the viper ones for kriss vector mags. they hold really well, takes a little effort to get them back in sitting right but other than that i like them

5 minutes ago, BigStew said:

i bought the viper ones for kriss vector mags. they hold really well, takes a little effort to get them back in sitting right but other than that i like them

Since Tacos fitting the Vector mags has been mentioned
I just tested my HSGI one with my Scorpion Evo mags and that fits as well.
Guess I now know I have an alternate further down the line, rather than using my M4 pouches and putting the retention band over the top 😂

• Supporters
On 07/07/2018 at 13:34, Duff said:

I actually spent some time earlier googling to see if I could find anyting, ended up on Pinterest and now I want this:

plush_pencilcase_taco_1_650.jpg

You need to get on and MOLLE it onto your JPC. "Yeah...I run taco pouches. Gucci as fuck mate"

58 minutes ago, Lozart said:

You need to get on and MOLLE it onto your JPC. "Yeah...I run taco pouches. Gucci as fuck mate"

As soon as I find someone who stocks it that is exactly what I'm gonna do!

• 5 weeks later...
On 07/07/2018 at 04:15, P13 said:

Quick update on those 8fields pouches.

I ordered a single pouch for testing and my mags just arrived to test them with.

So far im pretty impressed. They hold themselves open well enough considering they have fabric sides instead of the plastic you see on others and the retention seems good too.

Definitely not too shabby! Thanks for the heads-up on them.

As for build quality, time will tell but if they last me a year I'll be very happy. I'll probably, over time, upgrade to HSGI but I certainly can't fault them for the price point so far.

3 hours ago, Seven said:

Quick update on those 8fields pouches.

I ordered a single pouch for testing and my mags just arrived to test them with.

So far im pretty impressed. They hold themselves open well enough considering they have fabric sides instead of the plastic you see on others and the retention seems good too.

Definitely not too shabby! Thanks for the heads-up on them.

As for build quality, time will tell but if they last me a year I'll be very happy. I'll probably, over time, upgrade to HSGI but I certainly can't fault them for the price point so far.

Great to hear, as I said at the price point 8 fields really is hard to beat. 

Ive been more than impressed with there stuff and they make up about 80% of my 3 rigs. 

Got a couple more to get aswell, trying to have a collection of pouches now too add versatility to my loadout

Archived