Novritsch SSG24

Hales84
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

11 hours ago, Hales84 said:

I think there’s always going to be people that have good and bad experiences with buying anything you’ll always have people with good and bad experiences you just tend to hear about the bad ones more. Yeah I think for the time being with me only being relatively new it’s wise to stick my trust M4A1 and I’m having too much fun with it for now but I think long term the goal is to go down the sniper/DMR route. 

I appreciate the offer though

Bear in mind Christoph’s videos aren’t filmed places where he is running sub 500fps either!

I’m a fat old man now. I’d rather be sniping than running back to respawn every 5 minutes but there’s a lot to be said for a good AEG fight.

Check the DMR rules where you play. This has the potential to be a very disappointing experience.

10 hours ago, Sacarathe said:

A stock SRS?

Yeah. Having held both, there’s no question that that SRS is a much higher quality item in terms of construction. While I think the two adjustment point hop is unnecessary, it performs well. It’s also considerably cheaper than the SSG last time I checked, so you can throw in a nice barrel and R hop and it will shoot as good as anything. 

People seem to forget that the BB has no idea what it’s being fired out of. They don’t sit in the mag saying “we’re in a novrich gun, so let’s go extra far today”. The BB  sees the hop rubber and the barrel. If the FPS is the same, your range is determined by which barrel and bucking combination works best. (Assuming airseal and air volume is equal)

13 hours ago, Wo1f said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.. anybody who has the money to buy an SRS and buys an SSG24 instead is a moron..

Maybe all don’t like the aesthetics of the SRS? 

14 minutes ago, P13 said:

Maybe all don’t like the aesthetics of the SRS? 

This ^ 99% of people buying the Novritsch SSG24 are fan boys and fan boys are gonna fan.

It's all in their head at the end of the day and that is what "good" marketing is, tricking idiots out of their beer tokens for more than cost of production. That is how you makle a profit, through manufacture and advertising. His channel is literally just for advertisiing his inferior products and not about much else. Kids watch his pony cross hair over lay videos and think they too  can be a 1337 sniper if they just own his basic rifle.

A fool and his money are easily parted. Says a lot about us lot really...

I bought the SSG24. I'm not particularly a fan of Novritsch himself, I haven't really watched many of his videos (apart from when I was deciding whether to buy the gun or not), so it really wasn't a case of 'buying it for the name'. In fact, first thing I did when I opened the package was remove the Novritsch sticker from the case. I respect him for turning a hobby into a paid job, but I'm by no means a fan.

The deciding factor for me was adding up a VSR10 and all the upgrades I wanted, and comparing the price to the SSG. They worked out about the same (of course, I wasn't factoring in import costs for the SSG at the time - doh!). 

Overall I'm happy with it. I use it every game, and hit targets as far as anyone else on the field, sometimes further. And I haven't had to do any tinkering. A lot of people like tinkering, it's part of the fun. I don't. I'm rubbish it at, and the best guns I own are the ones that I haven't opened up. 

As for comparing it to the SRS, I've never shot an SRS. My only comparison was at RIFT The Ridge, when someone with an SRS (who appeared to be quite experienced) told me I was wasting my time shooting at a group of distant enemies, and that I was well out of range. I politely explained that I'd already hit 6 of them. He didn't believe me, and wouldn't be convinced. Not exactly a water-tight comparison, but it is what it is.

So in answer to your questions, my thoughts on it? Good. Value for money? Maybe not if you can get the parts cheaper and put them together well, but the sums I did said for a little bit extra it all comes ready to go. As someone who just wanted an out-of-box hi-end gun, it ticked all the boxes for me and I don't regret buying it. 

32 minutes ago, Duff said:

This ^ 99% of people buying the Novritsch SSG24 are fan boys and fan boys are gonna fan.

It's all in their head at the end of the day and that is what "good" marketing is, tricking idiots out of their beer tokens for more than cost of production. That is how you makle a profit, through manufacture and advertising. His channel is literally just for advertisiing his inferior products and not about much else. Kids watch his pony cross hair over lay videos and think they too  can be a 1337 sniper if they just own his basic rifle.

A fool and his money are easily parted. Says a lot about us lot really...

Great marketing and a great product in its own right

3 minutes ago, P13 said:

Great marketing and a great product in its own right

Ehh maybe... but my hatred for him blinds me to whether or not his "branded" sniper rifle is actually any good. Give the price hike from his name being on it, I suspect no. But sniping isn't my game anyway so neither here nor there...

Archived