Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Hales84

Novritsch SSG24

Recommended Posts

Hi Guys and Gals,

 

Has anyone had any experience with the Novritsch SSG24? If so, what are peoples thoughts on it? Do they feel that its value for money or are there better bolt action rifles out there that with a few tweaks and upgrades are on the same or higher level? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personal opinion is that the SRS Silverback is the better rifle out of the box, has more available upgrades and you wont have to wait a particularly long time to receive one. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hales84 said:

Hi Guys and Gals,

 

Has anyone had any experience with the Novritsch SSG24? If so, what are peoples thoughts on it? Do they feel that its value for money or are there better bolt action rifles out there that with a few tweaks and upgrades are on the same or higher level? 

I haven't but I have seen some discussions previously on a different thread that may help.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks :)

I have seen a few Kicking Mustang vids on YouTube and he seems to be very happy with the Silver back SRS and that is also something I've been looking at. I think it will be a long way off before I looking to go down the full bolt action sniper route as I'm having way too much fun running around with my G&G M4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Hales84 said:

Thanks :)

I have seen a few Kicking Mustang vids on YouTube and he seems to be very happy with the Silver back SRS and that is also something I've been looking at. I think it will be a long way off before I looking to go down the full bolt action sniper route as I'm having way too much fun running around with my G&G M4

 

Not a huge fan of KM, much prefer his mate AirsoftCamMan, he also uses an SRS, check his channel out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

 

Not a huge fan of KM, much prefer his mate AirsoftCamMan, he also uses an SRS, check his channel out. 

Yeah I have seen him too, they both seem to be your typical sniper, ghillied up, minimal movement, very stalky like (in a good sense) and I do think once I have more experience that I will go down that route although I do very much like the idea of a DMR, maybe not the range of a bolt action rifle but more firepower and I do like the look of some M4 style rifles that have been used as a DMR builds 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hales84 said:

Yeah I have seen him too, they both seem to be your typical sniper, ghillied up, minimal movement, very stalky like (in a good sense) and I do think once I have more experience that I will go down that route although I do very much like the idea of a DMR, maybe not the range of a bolt action rifle but more firepower and I do like the look of some M4 style rifles that have been used as a DMR builds 

 

An upgraded DMR will have very little difference in range to a bolty. That is the route I am going down, fully upgraded "as silent as possible" JG SL8 DMR

 

I am sure i'll get the SRS at some point :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Asomodai said:

 

An upgraded DMR will have very little difference in range to a bolty. That is the route I am going down, fully upgraded "as silent as possible" JG SL8 DMR

 

I am sure i'll get the SRS at some point :)

 

Ideally that would be the route I would like to go down and I think maybe more research is needed as everything I've read so far is talk of bolt action rifles being superior in terms of range. There are a few DMR builds that I do like the look and sound of, I also think at some point I'll go bolt action as well just for variety for different sites but a DMR build really is the thing I want with plenty of upgrades and attachments 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having starred in one of KM's more recent videos, I can attest his sniper Rifle is formidable. Having met him, I can attest he is a nice guy and I hugged out my resentment over having my cheek rearranged by a very hard shot... 

 

My brother has just bought an SSG24 and he is impressed with it, although the supplied scope is garbage... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dentonboy said:

Having starred in one of KM's more recent videos, I can attest his sniper Rifle is formidable. Having met him, I can attest he is a nice guy and I hugged out my resentment over having my cheek rearranged by a very hard shot... 

 

My brother has just bought an SSG24 and he is impressed with it, although the supplied scope is garbage... 

 

Hahahahahaha yes I too have also had my cheek on the end of a BB from a sniper rifle all be it a Marui VSR-10, still not sure how it managed to get threw the millimeter gap between my goggles and face mask but it didn't tickle. 

 

That's what I'm seeing with the reviews online that out of the box its a really good gun and it does look the business and hopefully I'll get to try it before I consider buying it but a lot more research is needed but there's lot of options that I'm looking at, with that being one of them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YouTube snipers are dull.

 

Same format, no originality. 

 

The only airsoft I watch on YouTube is Node featuring Corridor crew when they play Airsoft TTT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Duff said:

YouTube snipers are dull.

 

Same format, no originality. 

 

The only airsoft I watch on YouTube is Node featuring Corridor crew when they play Airsoft TTT.

 

Yeah I see what you're saying the content is all very similar, I do enjoy the Novritsch stuff but mainly as his game play is aggressive as opposed to the KM stuff but I'll have to look at this Node as I've never seen any of their stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hales84 said:

 

Yeah I see what you're saying the content is all very similar, I do enjoy the Novritsch stuff but mainly as his game play is aggressive as opposed to the KM stuff but I'll have to look at this Node as I've never seen any of their stuff

 

They do all sorts aside from airsoft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Ok you have asked this at a time when the wound is pretty raw.

 

I wanted one of these based upon the YouTube thing. This is a crap reason to buy.

 

Placed my order 31st January. Paid via Paypal. Was prepared for a 3 month wait. Come May I was starting to wonder where the SSG was. Sent a number of mails befor it transpired that they wouldnt process the order without my UKARA details. There is nowhere to enter my UKARA details on the order. They say they mailed me on 1st Feb but I had not received it. So I had the mail filters at work scoured. Never hit our servers or filters. Having paid via Paypal I had not set up an account and the "message" only appears in the account. you have to log in and look for it.

 

Chase, chase, chase. Was promised to be on a "Priority List" at the start of June. Weeks went by. I contacted them to cancel my order. Nothing. Got very defensive remarks on the Unofficial SSG24 Facepook page. (Support via mail is very intermittant). Days passed. Escalated my paypal issue to a dispute. A week passed. Oh look a message! No real attempt to resolve. So asked for my money back again.

 

Got a mail from Novritch which blamed me and just pissed me off. So I wrote a very thoughtful mail asking, amongst a number of points, why I hadnt been refunded for 6 months if my order couldnt be processed? Christoph "Novritch" replied and he apologised that the mail had not come to me, that he had parts quality issues yada yada. Finally got my money back.

 

Decided to upgrade my existing £100 Cyma 702 with parts from Airsoft Pro. 500 FPS is easy to achieve. A quality Hop and Barrel. £200 in upgrades and you will compete with the SSG all day.

 

I bought the SSG before my journey into Airsoft had truly got going. I bought it as a "no tinkering required" rifle. Unfortunately the springs and bb recommendations have already changed this year so I would have been forced to open it up on receipt. Every owner tinkers and upgrades. Now I know better and I regret placing the order. Good news when you sell it, you will get most of your money back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hales84 said:

Hi Guys and Gals,

 

Has anyone had any experience with the Novritsch SSG24? If so, what are peoples thoughts on it? Do they feel that its value for money or are there better bolt action rifles out there that with a few tweaks and upgrades are on the same or higher level? 

I own the SSG24. Bought it because at the time I didn’t want to tech with guns. 

 

Its expensive for what it is. There is better for the cost.

 

Look at the SRS, (have a search of the forums, there is some detail into this), also, if your techy, you can upgrade a VSR clone to better range/accuracy/reliability than both of the afore mentioned bolties.

 

Where abouts in the country are you fella? If your local your more than welcome to have a game with one of each of the guns I have mentioned before deciding for yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would clarify “Techy” on these guns as watching a You Tube video and dropping in the components. Requires very, very little nouse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Countryman said:

 Ok you have asked this at a time when the wound is pretty raw.

 

I wanted one of these based upon the YouTube thing. This is a crap reason to buy.

 

Placed my order 31st January. Paid via Paypal. Was prepared for a 3 month wait. Come May I was starting to wonder where the SSG was. Sent a number of mails befor it transpired that they wouldnt process the order without my UKARA details. There is nowhere to enter my UKARA details on the order. They say they mailed me on 1st Feb but I had not received it. So I had the mail filters at work scoured. Never hit our servers or filters. Having paid via Paypal I had not set up an account and the "message" only appears in the account. you have to log in and look for it.

 

Chase, chase, chase. Was promised to be on a "Priority List" at the start of June. Weeks went by. I contacted them to cancel my order. Nothing. Got very defensive remarks on the Unofficial SSG24 Facepook page. (Support via mail is very intermittant). Days passed. Escalated my paypal issue to a dispute. A week passed. Oh look a message! No real attempt to resolve. So asked for my money back again.

 

Got a mail from Novritch which blamed me and just pissed me off. So I wrote a very thoughtful mail asking, amongst a number of points, why I hadnt been refunded for 6 months if my order couldnt be processed? Christoph "Novritch" replied and he apologised that the mail had not come to me, that he had parts quality issues yada yada. Finally got my money back.

 

Decided to upgrade my existing £100 Cyma 702 with parts from Airsoft Pro. 500 FPS is easy to achieve. A quality Hop and Barrel. £200 in upgrades and you will compete with the SSG all day.

 

I bought the SSG before my journey into Airsoft had truly got going. I bought it as a "no tinkering required" rifle. Unfortunately the springs and bb recommendations have already changed this year so I would have been forced to open it up on receipt. Every owner tinkers and upgrades. Now I know better and I regret placing the order. Good news when you sell it, you will get most of your money back.

 

Wow!!!! That’s shocking customer service and I must say this is one of the things that puts me off slightly that I would be buying from what would appear his website as opposed to reputable company/website. 

2 hours ago, Prisce said:

I own the SSG24. Bought it because at the time I didn’t want to tech with guns. 

 

Its expensive for what it is. There is better for the cost.

 

Look at the SRS, (have a search of the forums, there is some detail into this), also, if your techy, you can upgrade a VSR clone to better range/accuracy/reliability than both of the afore mentioned bolties.

 

Where abouts in the country are you fella? If your local your more than welcome to have a game with one of each of the guns I have mentioned before deciding for yourself.

 

Thanks for the reply Prisce, this is what I was wondering having watched Kicking Mustang doing a review of a stock SSG24 and comparing it to his upgraded VSR-10, with upgrades can a similar bolt action but just as effective if not more for a similar cost (bearing in mind at the time of this review the SSG was retailing for near £700) 

 

I live in Thornaby just outside of Middlesbrough and I appreciate the offer, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hales84 said:

 

Wow!!!! That’s shocking customer service and I must say this is one of the things that puts me off slightly that I would be buying from what would appear his website as opposed to reputable company/website. 

That’s why I ordered too. I am nothing but disappointed. 5 months they had my money. Took a Paypal dispute to get to the bottom of it.

Frankly as I told Christoph he is a victim of his own success.

Ive now left his groups, unsubscribed from everything. Toxic brand to me now.

Leave it to the fan boys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d love a ssg just but can’t help but feel my custom vsr is better...my Glock has owned a few ssg owners too 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Countryman said:

That’s why I ordered too. I am nothing but disappointed. 5 months they had my money. Took a Paypal dispute to get to the bottom of it.

Frankly as I told Christoph he is a victim of his own success.

Ive now left his groups, unsubscribed from everything. Toxic brand to me now.

Leave it to the fan boys!

 

Perfect example why the first time I heard of him I was like "Fuck this prick!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Countryman said:

That’s why I ordered too. I am nothing but disappointed. 5 months they had my money. Took a Paypal dispute to get to the bottom of it.

Frankly as I told Christoph he is a victim of his own success.

Ive now left his groups, unsubscribed from everything. Toxic brand to me now.

Leave it to the fan boys!

 

Yeah I can see why it is appealing and I’m not go into lie having watched his videos I was also starting to seriously think of buying it myself but things like this are worth thinking about 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll have to weigh in here and say I had nothing but exceptional customer services from Nov. I had issues with my gun when first purchase(I have a batch 2), he spoke to me directly, solved all my problems, helped me trouble shoot and made a custom vid to help with my exact issue.

 

 

Your probably right about him being a victim of his own success.

 

Im in the opposite court on Kicking Mustang, one of my team mates is a member of sniper ops with him, and yeah, he isn’t all he is cracked up to be... he’s 2 faced to say the least.

 

1 hour ago, Hales84 said:

 

Wow!!!! That’s shocking customer service and I must say this is one of the things that puts me off slightly that I would be buying from what would appear his website as opposed to reputable company/website. 

 

Thanks for the reply Prisce, this is what I was wondering having watched Kicking Mustang doing a review of a stock SSG24 and comparing it to his upgraded VSR-10, with upgrades can a similar bolt action but just as effective if not more for a similar cost (bearing in mind at the time of this review the SSG was retailing for near £700) 

 

I live in Thornaby just outside of Middlesbrough and I appreciate the offer, thanks.

Your a fair distance from me. Such a shame. 

 

Decide on a style you want, and we can help you get it to a standard you are happy with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Prisce said:

I’ll have to weigh in here and say I had nothing but exceptional customer services from Nov. I had issues with my gun when first purchase(I have a batch 2), he spoke to me directly, solved all my problems, helped me trouble shoot and made a custom vid to help with my exact issue.

 

 

Your probably right about him being a victim of his own success.

 

Im in the opposite court on Kicking Mustang, one of my team mates is a member of sniper ops with him, and yeah, he isn’t all he is cracked up to be... he’s 2 faced to say the least.

 

Your a fair distance from me. Such a shame. 

 

Decide on a style you want, and we can help you get it to a standard you are happy with.

 

I think there’s always going to be people that have good and bad experiences with buying anything you’ll always have people with good and bad experiences you just tend to hear about the bad ones more. Yeah I think for the time being with me only being relatively new it’s wise to stick my trust M4A1 and I’m having too much fun with it for now but I think long term the goal is to go down the sniper/DMR route. 

 

I appreciate the offer though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.. anybody who has the money to buy an SRS and buys an SSG24 instead is a moron..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wo1f said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.. anybody who has the money to buy an SRS and buys an SSG24 instead is a moron..

 

A stock SRS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×