Hi all, returning to the Game!

jacko92
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Played Airsoft as a rental walk-on in lincolnshire when i was younger (loved it!) then unfortunately work took over my life!

The past 7 years I have been wanting to rejoin but never found the time. So in May I decided to start going again but this time i knew i would love it so i decided to invest in a few things before my first game (< yeah most will probably judge me on that)

My Weapons

•  Nuprol Delta Recon Alpha (two tone (no UKARA...yet!) resprayed it black) (what is everyone's opinion on this weapon?)
    • foregrip and red-dot 1x scope
    • "I see this weapon as a mid-priced budget AEG, its sturdy, high FPS out the box and the consistency/accuracy is perfect iMO, is does have some flaws though, the hop up unit it terrible and the rubber split after a full day"
  • Nuprol's Raven Glock 18c(two tone again, resprayed it green and tan) opinion on this weapons?
    • "itll do! not impressed with this, it just feels cheap and internals rattle too much, however with the hop-up adjusted right it can almost reach the same distance as most cheaper AEG's ive come against"

My Loadout

• 1T fast helmet
    • sprayed it similar to mtp pattern then stuck a green para scrim stretched over it to stop the shine when im hiding in a bush like a little B****
  • 1T plate carrier (already owned for shooting trips in europe)
    • Those who havent worn plate carriers before and assume you cant feel the bb's hit you, its a lie :) you can hear the bb's ping of you and because the fake plate is solid you can feel the gentle tap on your chest or back
    • i know the opinions of plate carriers in airsoft is mixed and im not going to say which is better! I chose a plate carrier for sturdiness and having essential equipment on your chest is where it feels natural for me and gives me much more manoeuvrability around my waist!
    • im also using it for more of a realism factor and it looks cool :P 
    • triple m4 mag pouch, rear zip pouch for non-important things, medical scissors(looks cool),  tourniquet and glowsticks( for that added realism :') oh and a fanny pack for spare battery speed loader and electrical tape.
  • Issued British Army Battle Belt (already owned for work)
    • pistol holster, medic pouch, dump pouch, grenade pouch, more m4 mag pouches just incase!
    • i run this without a yoke as its so light its not falling off me 
  • Clothing 
    • issued army MTP trousers, hiking trainer/boots, tan t shirt and a black neoprene face/neck mask
  • Eyewear (in order of worst-first used to good-recently used)
    • Bolle-goggles ( too small and they condensate pretty easily)
    • amazon goggles ( condensate to easily)
    • shooting glasses (feel scared all the time and only fog up wheen breathing heavily)
    • x800 goggles (used by dutch the hooligan, dead on perfect, no problems)

So far ive played on 2 weekends at Black Ops Bristol (Cribbs Causeway) been really enjoying, been going with a buddy who has also recently taken up sport again too. 

After 2 games and a couple things going wrong with my AEG ive invested in a few new things,  madbull 3 in 1 hop up unit with spare rubbers, 4x scope, suppressor so i can extend the internal barrel and an axe stock/with a front peq15 battery box, which means im rewiring the gearbox, fortunately the nuprol gearboxes can be wired front or back so didnt need to invest in a new switch.

and ive resprayed it again, olive green hand guard and upper receiver, tan inner barrel!

Yes - ive already disassembled the gearbox and rewired it!

No - i did'nt put it together wrong!

Yes - it was very stressful and it works still!

However i do need help with this peq box!

Q. Battle Axe PEQ-15 battery box. What battery actually fits inside it? i can only assume a LiPo 11.1v battery will fit? 

Q.Will my base weapon be able to handle a 11.1v LiPo without a mosfet?

Cheers IA.

I joined this forum to look for other people to play with and to help me out with anymore problems I may encounter.

Looking for teaming up in either Gloucester - Bristol area ( happy to travel further if it's worth it)

Also looking for teaming up in lincolnshire too!

TL;DR

started playing again, love it, spent way to much on stuff, worth it! couple of issues. looking for teaming up!

• Supporters
5 hours ago, jacko92 said:

its sturdy, high FPS out the box and the consistency/accuracy is perfect iMO, is does have some flaws though, the hop up unit it terrible and the rubber split after a full day

That sentence ended up so far away from where it began that it needs to change its time zone.

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

It could be worth posting you technical battery/gun questions in the Advice & Technical Help section.  More chance of being seen and adds to the forum knowledge base.

• Supporters

Welcome! :)

That AEG will not handle an 11.1v. Even if the gears manage to stay together, the trigger contacts would get knackered. 

The Raven Glock is basically a poorer quality WE.

The Nuprol PEQ 7.4v battery should fit. 

Hi

Welcome to the forum.

I bought loads of stuff too before my first Skirmish, some I'm glad I did, some I wishI hadn't, but I spent mainly on kit which I can still use. 

Most of the stuff I don't need was cheap imports from China on eBay, so I can always sell them at some point to recoup the money, which wasn't much to begin with.

Loadout seems fine, though not sure about the neoprene mask, will get very sweaty in normal UK temperatures, now you might really suffer.

Might want a ballcap for the summer.

Not used Nuprol guns, so can't comment, I'll leave you to seach the forum for others' opions on them.

Cheers

G

8 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

That sentence ended up so far away from where it began that it needs to change its time zone.

Sorry i was tired haha heat been keeping me up! 

5 hours ago, Asomodai said:

That AEG will not handle an 11.1v. Even if the gears manage to stay together, the trigger contacts would get knackered. 

The Raven Glock is basically a poorer quality WE.

The Nuprol PEQ 7.4v battery should fit. 

Would dropping the voltage from 8.4v stock battery's to 7.4v peq batterys effect the performance? 

Or better yet(cause I wanna mod the hell out of it anyway), what would I need to do to allow the weapon to handle 11.1v lipo? New Higher qaulity gears? New trigger switch? 

7.4v lipo over 8.4v NimH will result in high ROF and performance similar to a 9.6v NimH. 

If you must have 11.1v I would say change gears, short stroke piston and install heavier spring.

14 minutes ago, jacko92 said:

Sorry i was tired haha heat been keeping me up! 

Would dropping the voltage from 8.4v stock battery's to 7.4v peq batterys effect the performance? 

Or better yet(cause I wanna mod the hell out of it anyway), what would I need to do to allow the weapon to handle 11.1v lipo? New Higher qaulity gears? New trigger switch? 

Archived