G&G firehawk, didn't realise it doesn't come with a battery, Will the ones I have fit? (Haven't received it yet)

Compulsive Reload
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Bought a G&G firehawk, however it doesn't come with a battery ☹️. I have a vp racing 8.v 1600 nimh and a 9.4v 1200nimh

Its due to arrive by saturday but I need a battery before sunday, which I could amazon prime if I were to order it tomorrow. 

However if these fit it will be all good.

Will these fit it?

Edited :as it sounded like I already had the gun and was too stupid to try and fit them.

Thanks sausages. 

1530817339943..jpg

Might fit in the buffer but you won’t be able to retract the stock, depends how large the fuse is etc! 

Might be working getting a 7.4 lipo as they have the same MAH in a smaller package.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I think you'll be very lucky to fit either of those in. Weren't the Firehawk designed with lipos in mind?

The red battery, perhaps but you'll need the stock all the way out, if it does go in. Tricky with that bulky tamiya connector too.

On Patrol Base it says the recommended battery is a 7.4 stick Lipo with mini-Tamiya connector, I'm assuming you'll need the short version to fit in the stock.  Short version will be 11-12cm long.

Cheers

G

Get a 8.4 7.4 nunchuk Lipo they're really versatile when it comes to fitting into small places. 

19 minutes ago, Duff said:

8.4 nunchuk Lipo

Not had your morning coffee yet? 7.4v nunchuck lipo. You will need the correct charger as well if you don't already have one.

https://www.componentshop.co.uk/7-4v-1300mah-25c-continuous-discharge-cranestock-lipo-battery.html

This is the most basic type of charger. They come in many flavours but a 1000mAh one is better than the cheaper 800mAh version. Saying that it's a short term solution and  you should watch the charger and charge using every precaution with them. The more expensive chargers like the b6 are better.

https://www.componentshop.co.uk/1000ma-1500ma-li-po-li-fe-charger-for-2s-3s-lipo-life-battery-packs-complete-with-psu.html

13 minutes ago, Iceni said:

Aha you got me mate, typo I did not notice.

As we're talking about batteries, I'll just hitch a ride on this wagon...

My beloved is on its way to me as I type, decided after reading this to look at what battery comes with it (if at all) and I came across something weird. (No not Druids face)

On Taiwangun they list: NiMH 8,4V 1100 mAh battery

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/jg080-s-550-works-j-g

But on Gunfire they list: NiMH 9,6V?

Is it common for RIFs to be supplied with random different batteries? Now I'm unsure which voltage to get when I buy a LiPo to put Deans connectors on!?

NEVERMIND - I just re-read the page and Taiwangun obviously copy pasta the details section at the bottom, it actually lists it as a 9.6 DERRRRRP...

Lol, sounds like you need a caffeine hit.

I've seen elsewhere you can pretty much swap an 8.4 or 9.6V battery for a 7.4 LIPO.

Is that worth exploring?  Am assuming you still have the one from the Rattler.

Cheers

G

9 minutes ago, MisterG said:

Lol, sounds like you need a caffeine hit.

I've seen elsewhere you can pretty much swap an 8.4 or 9.6V battery for a 7.4 LIPO.

Is that worth exploring?  Am assuming you still have the one from the Rattler.

Cheers

G

I've had 3 cups already 🤤 and yes. I've got the old 7.4 nunchuk but it's tiny and the battery compartment fits a long stick NiMH and I'd rather get a similar if not identical size Lipo just to stop it getting knocked about.

But if I can use 7.4 then all I need to do is fit Dean's on the JG when it arrives....

8 hours ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

Might fit in the buffer but you won’t be able to retract the stock, depends how large the fuse is etc! 

Might be working getting a 7.4 lipo as they have the same MAH in a smaller package.

Damn, I need one for sunday then! Argh thought it would of came with a battery like the other guns I have bought.

Don't know if I can even get one shipped for tomorrow now! 

1 minute ago, Compulsive Reload said:

Damn, I need one for sunday then! Argh thought it would of came with a battery like the other guns I have bought.

No local Airsoft shops? Most will stock a correct size battery 

11 minutes ago, Compulsive Reload said:

Or Amazon Prime if you have it, but might be more expensive.

Cheers

G

Also if the site you are playing at has an associated shop, they might be able to bring one for you on the day

27 minutes ago, MisterG said:

Or Amazon Prime if you have it, but might be more expensive.

Cheers

G

Also if the site you are playing at has an associated shop, they might be able to bring one for you on the day

Any decent ones on there, don't know if site shop can.

Managed to fit red minh in stock, patrolbase sales seem to think it will cause issues in the gun though as its a hire voltage.

Damn

I used Amazon Prime and got my replacement Lipo next day for £16.

For gods sake, can you even get a 7.4v mini tamiya.

On 06/07/2018 at 10:06, Cleaners inc said:

No local Airsoft shops? Most will stock a correct size battery 

Nope none at all

So i now have to change the connectors aswell, I have no means of doing this or the technical skills. Really can't be bothered now feel like sending back.

2 hours ago, Iceni said:

Not had your morning coffee yet? 7.4v nunchuck lipo. You will need the correct charger as well if you don't already have one.

https://www.componentshop.co.uk/7-4v-1300mah-25c-continuous-discharge-cranestock-lipo-battery.html

This is the most basic type of charger. They come in many flavours but a 1000mAh one is better than the cheaper 800mAh version. Saying that it's a short term solution and  you should watch the charger and charge using every precaution with them. The more expensive chargers like the b6 are better.

https://www.componentshop.co.uk/1000ma-1500ma-li-po-li-fe-charger-for-2s-3s-lipo-life-battery-packs-complete-with-psu.html

Would I be safe using the 8.4v 1600 nimh on it as I don't have a clue how to make a lipo connector prob haven't git the tools or the skills

11 minutes ago, Compulsive Reload said:

For gods sake, can you even get a 7.4v mini tamiya.

Lol they are everywhere.

I usually by from Hobbyking, they sell both types with Tamiya and ones with Deans.

Won't get to you in time though.

I did a search on Amazon, pretty much all are tamiya e.g.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=7.4v+lipo+stick&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3A7.4v+lipo+stick

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Airsoft-1300mAh-stick-battery-Vapextech/dp/B00I8N88O6/ref=pd_sbs_200_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00I8N88O6&pd_rd_r=50120d42-8105-11e8-b707-a7ec52204a2a&pd_rd_w=a0yKP&pd_rd_wg=Nx5P5&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_p=5179604776422437276&pf_rd_r=7PR803PS7KWC9BS7A1F8&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=7PR803PS7KWC9BS7A1F8

You might want the nunckucks ones for flexibility, I prefer the solid stick.

I've not bought this brand, do I can't say if it is good or not.

Cheers

G

Just now, Compulsive Reload said:

Would I be safe using the 8.4v 1600 nimh on it as I don't have a clue how to make a lipo connector prob haven't git the tools or the skills

Probably, but you shouldn't need to make anything, just buy one with the connector you need.

1 minute ago, MisterG said:

Lol they are everywhere.

I usually by from Hobbyking, they sell both types with Tamiya and ones with Deans.

Won't get to you in time though.

I did a search on Amazon, pretty much all are tamiya e.g.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=7.4v+lipo+stick&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3A7.4v+lipo+stick

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Airsoft-1300mAh-stick-battery-Vapextech/dp/B00I8N88O6/ref=pd_sbs_200_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00I8N88O6&pd_rd_r=50120d42-8105-11e8-b707-a7ec52204a2a&pd_rd_w=a0yKP&pd_rd_wg=Nx5P5&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_p=5179604776422437276&pf_rd_r=7PR803PS7KWC9BS7A1F8&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=7PR803PS7KWC9BS7A1F8

You might want the nunckucks ones for flexibility, I prefer the solid stick.

I've not bought this brand, do I can't say if it is good or not.

Cheers

G

Issue is I apparently can't fit it off the bat as its not the right connection, dont have a clue how to fit that connection as it has two

The second connection is only used when charging.  When conencting to the gun you would only plug in the Tamiya connection.

Just now, MisterG said:

The second connection is only used when charging.  When conencting to the gun you would only plug in the Tamiya connection.

Oh! Really, damn thanks for clearing that up, thought I had to solder allsorts to get those two connections to fit.  Cheers ill get that one. Would just need a charger now, how long do lipos take to charge also

5 minutes ago, MisterG said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B008B2PYCI/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A3P1ZMC69FTRQ3&psc=1

Is that charger sufficient? Or can you recommend one on amazon thanks

Depends on the charger and whether it is pre-charged, I've never had to charge for longer than 2 hours

It's basic, but will do the job.  You will need a separate transformer, as it doesn't look like it has one.

G

Archived