Used Nuprol Delta AK21 CQB - Should I buy?

SnowRoll
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all

I'm relatively new to airsoft, just received my UKARA and looking to buy a RIF.

With my budget set at ~£200 I'm thinking either a new G&G CM16 Raider 2.0, or a better-but-used M4 variant.

From reading here a bit, I know that Nuprol is not very popular, but I do like the Nuprol Delta AK21 CQB.

I found an ad for a used one with accessories, for around £200, but some things about the gun don't look right to me, and I was hoping you guys could help me:

- The stock is tan, rest of gun black. Seller claims stock was painted, but I'm not sure about it.
- Red trigger guard - never saw it on other photos of same model.

Any thoughts/recommendations would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

99a3231f71c57aff1a90fb292c9b2fe113e98bd921305.jpg

f0984f736d8559ee77c64b431329a5dd3dd4b1e635361.jpg

I don't know that gun, so others will have to help you there.  Have you looked at reviews online?

I wouldn't worry too much about the tan bits, though typically they are molded in that colour rather than painted.

Lots of guns come like that.  Google that model and see what it looks like stock.  Some people change around bits to their taste.  Some like pure black guns others prefer tan, and some prefer a mix.

I don't know about the red bit, it could just be a bit of tape an airsoft site used to indicate the gun passed chrono, did you ask the seller?

More importantly is what's inside, what uprades have been done, what it last chronoed at, how old is it, how many owners, any known quirks or issues.  Check the seller's reputation etc.

Cheers

G

I'd buy it personally, i have 2 Nuprol rifles and with some simple upgrades they perform really well.

As mentioned the Tan bits have been added, personally not my style but a lot do it.

Red bit looks like tape to me, i wouldn't

• Supporters

I’ll be perfectly frank with you. Are you looking to Airsoft for a long time? Or a short time? If your looking for a long time, please heed our advice and get a more renown brand. You will thank us in the long run.

The gun may be in perfect condition, but the parts may not last for a long time, or perform well. Imagine spending £200 on something that makes you start wondering why you ever started this hobby.

I have had a couple of Nuprol items, never guns, but all have slowly, over time,  let me down. 

And for our our sport to grow we need new peoples like yourself, so please look at one of the more reputable brands.

(Plus the reputable brands will hold their value a lot better- which is handy if you want to upgrade)

Thank you P13 and Prisce.

I'm in the game because of my 11 y.o. son, so will need to buy at least 2 rifles/loadouts.

So far, I've enjoyed it immensely, so the plan is to make this a long term hobby. 

Of course I would rather have the TM HK416D Devgru, and I'm aware of all the benefits, I just cannot make that kind of expenditure at this time.

My thought is that a beginner's rifle will do the job for a few months, and then, hopefully, I will be able to afford and justify the expense for a superior piece, which will make the cheaper gun a backup piece, or give to my son, if his rifle will be inferior.

Given a £200 budget, what would you recommend for a rifle (M4)?

• Supporters

I have extensively, and almost exclusively recommend the G&G CM16, £120 for a gun that’s reliable, performs great, and holds its value superbly. (You could sell these 3 months down the line for £85 in good condition).I have been playing 18 months, have had over 23 guns in this time, have a TM Recoil as my main, and the CM16 is still my back up gun.:

However, there are others here who recommend the Specna Arms M4s, I haven’t personally used one, but the people who recommend them, I respect and trust to be honest about these.

@L3wisD is one of these, maybe he can give you the ins and outs of price/reliability/performance.

@Sitting Duck is the best person to give you the details on the Cyma M4s that are in the same sort of price range, apparently they are not amazing, but still very good for the price.

Consider looking at the G&G Firehawk for you son, (£150 ish), it’s light, I can hold one handed, but makes loads of noise, which if he is anything like the youngster I sometime take along, will put a massive smile on his face and give him pure enjoyment AND it still has epic performance.

EDIT: If you can get to a shop to try a few things first, I would highly recommend it. Or, depending on where your based, you could meet up with a forum member who can let you try theirs?

I've bought used ICS guns from others on the forum, for around your budget.

I beleive ICS is held in higher regard that Nuprol and even G&G starter guns.

Depends on your patience to wait for soomething reasonable to turn up.

Cheers

G

50 minutes ago, SnowRoll said:

Given a £200 budget, what would you recommend for a rifle (M4)?

Plenty id pick all day long above the guns mentioned. Both are under £200 brand new and from my research brilliant guns.

G&G arp9

g&g firehawk

also at £200 you can get some decent second hand guns from plenty of brands. For example I have a full metal G&P mots m4 in amazing condition up for £180 at the moment, there are also a few other decent second hand guns for sale atm.

best of luck, me personally would pick up a arp9, especially as it’s a nice small size which is perfect for your son

Thank you all. I'm glad I posted my question here. 
Showed my son the Firehawk and he really wants it.

So that's his rifle sorted.

Will look at your other recommendations, toying with the idea of getting the TM HK416D on 0% finance...

• Supporters

FireHawk is nice but the LOUDness can get on your nerves or your team mates nerves at times

(especially in closed CQB spaces that echo a lot - might need paracetamol/ibuprofen between games)

G&G CM18 is nice too but has mid cap mag

G&G make some other nice starter guns too:

Raider 2.0 - not the Raider 2.0e as that is longer and has the picky ETU in there

CM15 KR-CQB 8.5” - newly launched gun

But yeah FH is nice, my first proper RIF and you never forget your first RIF as they say

So, about to order either the Firehawk or the CM15 KR-CQB 8.5”
Couple of questions about them, please:

This would be my son's and we don't plan to play CQB.

Would the Firehawk perform OK in terms of range/distance in a field game (compared to a std CM16 Raider)?
Would the CM15 KR-CQB's 400fps be within the limits for UK sites?

Not had a Firehawk, but would imagine so as long as the hop up was set up right should be ok, might need a better bucking, but always best to try it stock before making mods.

For the 400fps question, unless it was locked to semi it would not be allowed on sites in the UK and  would technically be illegal. 

To be legal - Full-auto or burst-fire capable : 1.3 joules (around 370fps with .2g bb)

Most sites set a maximum of 350, which is lower than the legal limit.

If ordering from abroad most sellers offer a free downgrade service, e.g. Taiwangun or Gunfire.  From a UK seller, they should have already done this, or offer the downgrade before sending it, as they would be breaking the law.

Cheers

G

What are the criteria you are applying to chose?  That might help others give you alternatives.

I wasn't excluding the CM15, just saying you need to get it downgraded.  I would pick the CM15 over the Firehawk, purely based on looks, but everyone has their own taste. 🙂

Cheers

G

I also prefer the looks of the CM15 over the Firehawk.

I don't know how to downgrade the CM15. Hopefully links are OK here; found it here:
https://gun-fire.co.uk/product-eng-1152216145-CM15-KR-CQB-8-5-Assault-Rifle-Replica-Black.html

My criteria is quite flexible, I want an M4 variant, preferably on the shorter and lighter side, as it'll be for my son.

Would be best if it's something that shoots good enough straight out of the box and reliable enough to not break down after just a few games.

As for mine - also an M4 variant, preferably full metal. I'm not too picky, but, down the line, I'm planning on getting the TM HK416D Devgru Custom.

You go here and tell them what you want it downgraded to.

https://gun-fire.co.uk/product-eng-1152197807-Free-electric-replica-downgrade.html

1.3 J is the legal limit, but still too high for most sites.  I'd go for about 1.05J with .20g BBs, to give a bit of headroom, as an AEG will always be +/- a margin of error and some airsoft sites are more strict than others.  If they accept a measurement in FPS, then I'd say about 335FPS with .20gBBs, with that you can play pretty much everywhere in the UK excluding NI.

Hopefully more experienced players will comment on the above and vaildate my numbers.

BTW Gunfire is a Polish vendor, read the thread about them so you know what you are getting in to.

Cheers

G

Read the thread about Gunfire. With the .co.uk domain I thought they were UK based. I'll stick to patrolbase and other UK vendors. 

Thanks

• Supporters

Given that GunFire appear to be rammed at the moment, I wouldn't like to be waiting around for them to downgrade a gun.

If you want a shortish G&G M4 already set up for UK fps limits:

https://swasairsoft.co.uk/airsoft-guns/gg-combat-machine-aeg-cm16-raider

Bear in mind that you'll need to budget for batteries and a charger.  I'd go with 7.4V lipos from https://hobbyking.com/en_us/batteries/airsoft.html?___store=en_us&config=52 (with mini Tamiya connectors unless you plan to switch the gun to Deans).

8 minutes ago, SnowRoll said:

Read the thread about Gunfire. With the .co.uk domain I thought they were UK based. I'll stick to patrolbase and other UK vendors. 

Thanks

Fair enough but they have a fat sale on, I got my JG080 at 40% off! Ridiculous saving and a heart attack trying to get them to dispatch but worth it.

Totally worth it.

I keep telling myself.

One day it will be true.

I’d like a fire hawk and a arp to be fair

OK Thanks everyone.

It was a close call between the two. I let my son choose, and he preferred the G&G CM16 FFR A2, as the Firehawk seemed a bit too short.

I hope it will prove to be a good choice.

Cheers

Archived